GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2012 NHL Draft

+24
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
sens4win
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SensGirl11
Amnesia021
tim1_2
sandysensfan
cash
shabbs
spader
Flo The Action
ddt
PTFlea
Hoags
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
wprager
stempniaksen
Ev
LeCaptain
Riprock
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 67]

1362012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:33 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Oilers should be trading that pick, there is absolutely no way they can build a team without a commitment (small or otherwise) to building the back end.

I can't imagine a scenario where they won't, unless they peg Yakupov as Hall's replacement when he gets his annual shoulder injury.

I like some of their pieces on the backend, Klefbom and Musil should both be solid, although unspectacular. They go well with Smid, but where's that dynamic player on the backend? Every team that wins a Cup has someone like that, whether it's Lidstrom/Kronwall, Boyle, Niedermayer, Pronger, Chara.

Maybe they're hoping they can get away with being a Carolina Hurricanes circa 06.

I'm talking about a trade for a young NHL D man or two. Like a Schenn and Gardnier, or Hamonick and Ninorider. Something along those lines. They need Yakapov like they need another last place finish. If Edmonton doesn't start building their blueline they will see a dynasty fall by the wasteside.

1372012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:35 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:
Fact is, they will get those players eventually. Edmonton is slowly becoming a place for FA's to play - lots of $$$ and young stars.

What are you basing this on? The fact that they are no more competitive than they were three years ago? What FAs have they landed that make you think they are "becoming a place for FAs to play"?????

FAs not wanting to go there has more to do with the city being a cesspool than the team itself. Edmonton is not a nice city in the summer...let alone when it's -30 in the winter and blanketed in snow. REGULAR PEOPLE don't want to live there, let alone professional athletes with lots of money.

Sure, Edmonton can and should improve just given the development of their current young forwards, but they have gaping holes on their blueline and in their crease that won't be fixed unless they trade some of their current prospects/picks.

1382012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:43 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Seriously, Edmonton to this point shows absolutely no sign of improving and if it wasn't for a total cluster Diddle in Columbus this year they would have finished dead last again.

It's awesome having high end skill, sucks that they can never get the puck out of their own zone or keep it out of the back of the net.

1392012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Oilers should be trading that pick, there is absolutely no way they can build a team without a commitment (small or otherwise) to building the back end.

I can't imagine a scenario where they won't, unless they peg Yakupov as Hall's replacement when he gets his annual shoulder injury.

I like some of their pieces on the backend, Klefbom and Musil should both be solid, although unspectacular. They go well with Smid, but where's that dynamic player on the backend? Every team that wins a Cup has someone like that, whether it's Lidstrom/Kronwall, Boyle, Niedermayer, Pronger, Chara.

Maybe they're hoping they can get away with being a Carolina Hurricanes circa 06.

I'm talking about a trade for a young NHL D man or two. Like a Schenn and Gardnier, or Hamonick and Ninorider. Something along those lines. They need Yakapov like they need another last place finish. If Edmonton doesn't start building their blueline they will see a dynasty fall by the wasteside.

Ninoreider is a F - and a busting one at that it looks like. Hamonic + Isles 4th overall for the 1st is a great deal, Edmonton should be all over that. Love that kid, he has a ton of heart and skill. They'll never pry Gardiner away from Burke unless he's truly got Dung for brains, Schenn + 5th overall for 1st is also a decent deal though. Schenn needs to get out of that hellhole.

1402012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:50 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Ninoreider is a F - and a busting one at that it looks like. Hamonic + Isles 4th overall for the 1st is a great deal, Edmonton should be all over that. Love that kid, he has a ton of heart and skill. They'll never pry Gardiner away from Burke unless he's truly got Dung for brains, Schenn + 5th overall for 1st is also a decent deal though. Schenn needs to get out of that hellhole.

Schenn isn't enough, he's a Smid, probably close to a clone. They need a puck mover. The best deal that could be made is Subban and the 3rd for the 1st. Montreal won't do anything with Subban taking up so much air he might as well be a blimp. Montreal has turned him into some sort of weird God with the fans and he hasn't earned a damn thing other than the label of "a ton of potential".

Either way, Edmonton would be foolish not to improve their blueline with this pick. They can draft a top D man and land a potential #1, 2 guy at the exact same time. Build the team right but it's Edmonton and they will probably screw it up some how.

1412012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Schenn isn't enough, he's a Smid, probably close to a clone. They need a puck mover. The best deal that could be made is Subban and the 3rd for the 1st. Montreal won't do anything with Subban taking up so much air he might as well be a blimp. Montreal has turned him into some sort of weird God with the fans and he hasn't earned a damn thing other than the label of "a ton of potential".

Either way, Edmonton would be foolish not to improve their blueline with this pick. They can draft a top D man and land a potential #1, 2 guy at the exact same time. Build the team right but it's Edmonton and they will probably screw it up some how.

I really think Schenn is underrated because of that Dung hole he's in. His confidence is hurt, but he's a solid player. I'd take him all day long over Subban who Montreal I think is increasingly realizing is a cancer - plain and simple, a cancer. Get him out of there and Montreal will start to rebound (they will anyway IMO). Subban is nothing, he has moments where he's good and moments where he's detrimental, then there's him in the dressing room where vets want to punch him in the face. Edmonton doesn't want that, but they MIGHT be dumb enough to take him and the 3rd for the 1st - which would be a coup for Montreal.

I feel strongly that Subban is a cancer.

1422012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:58 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would draft Yakupov and trade Hall. I don't want two injury prone players who don't play D on my roster, and Yakupov is the better talent.

1432012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:59 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

No way. He's a strong team guy all the way since Belleville. His family is just full of characters.

1442012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

No way. He's a strong team guy all the way since Belleville. His family is just full of characters.

I don't think I can take your word for that. What I see and hear is bad, bad, bad news for a young player with 'potential'. Bad.

1452012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:I would draft Yakupov and trade Hall. I don't want two injury prone players who don't play D on my roster, and Yakupov is the better talent.

Yeah, injury prone at 21 or whatever Hall is is going to be an issue almost for sure. That and the team isn't tough, so guys will get run over and over.

1462012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:08 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I don't think I can take your word for that. What I see and hear is bad, bad, bad news for a young player with 'potential'. Bad.

what do you "see and hear". Enlighten me.

1472012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:08 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The fantasy trade of Subban + 3rd overall for the 1st overall can be touted all we want, but I think the "optics" of this trade would be too poor for Montreal to even consider doing it. As we know, "optics" play a big role in decisions made in Montreal. Subban, as stated, as become a weird god to the fans, and giving him up to move up 2 spots is not going to happen.

Although I agree that it would benefit Montreal in the end.

1482012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

That he's a punk and that his teammates dislike him and that he can't even go through a month without getting into a fight....with his own teammates.

1492012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:16 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I agree with alot of what your saying. schenn isn't enough i agree but i'm not sure they can't get Gardnier away from Burke. they can probably get a bidding war going between montreal and toronto with a certain advantage with montreal having the 2rd which nets them Murray for sure. but I disagree that Subban would be going the other way. I think that if montreal dangles beaulieu to go with their 1st that would be enough. beaulieu is going to be quite the puckmover, maybe better even then PK. at least problem free. and your right Montreal needs star power and they love their russians, he'd surpass all the love kovalev ever got.

I'm not a big fan of either MTL or TO but I hope if it gets moved MTL gets it. I want nothing more but the leafs to fail.
we might actually see Toronto's 1st be put in a package for Nash. if he still wants to go there that is.

1502012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The fantasy trade of Subban + 3rd overall for the 1st overall can be touted all we want, but I think the "optics" of this trade would be too poor for Montreal to even consider doing it. As we know, "optics" play a big role in decisions made in Montreal. Subban, as stated, as become a weird god to the fans, and giving him up to move up 2 spots is not going to happen.

Although I agree that it would benefit Montreal in the end.

Habs fans are trading away that pick for The Nasher as we speak.

1512012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:17 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:If it were Ottawa getting 1st overall pick year after year you'd all be fine with it lol. Don't lie - if the Sens sucked you'd want them getting the pick. When he Sens had the 5th overall pick Sens fans were pissed off about being screwed by the draft and lost their chance at RNH/Landeskog/Huberdeau/etc. then they draft Zibanejad and all of a sudden it's like we got the steal of the draft lol.

Need to relax a bit here fellow Sens fans.

Edmonton just was the wort team the past 3 seasons, plain and simple. They lucked out slightly moving up OBE spot this year in the draft. They still would have gotten a very good player. You can hate all you ant and say that they will continue to lose because they lack defence and goaltending, but can you really blame Tambelini for not setting the franchise back by trading for one? If the cost for a young franchise goalie like Schneider was Eberle, of course you can't blame him.

Fact is, they will get those players eventually. Edmonton is slowly becoming a place for FA's to play - lots of $$$ and young stars.

No they won't. Edmonton is a Dung of a city. No free agent will go there just because they have some flashy kids.

1522012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

That he's a punk and that his teammates dislike him and that he can't even go through a month without getting into a fight....with his own teammates.
I agree but the fans love him ad that goes a long way in MTL. i do think beaulieu could be traded. the fans love him also but really haven't seen him much. they could buy it if it meant having the 1st overall. trust me. i can feel the mood here in MTL and they would go Dung to get that 1st.

1532012 NHL Draft - Page 10 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

not sure if you've seen this yet, but pretty funny... ultimate disappointment Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum