GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

+13
Cap'n Clutch
LethalLehner
spader
LeCaptain
wprager
shabbs
dennycrane
SensHulk
Riprock
tim1_2
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:I can vouch for Prime 360 too, it's basically as good as they come.

Also, I find that in most cases the keg is overrated, but the best steak I've ever had was a baseball top sirloin at The Keg on Richmond road.

I was stuck with Noah's when I worked in that building...

I finally tried Shawarma Palace and I don't think it's that much better than Shawarma King down the street quite frankly.

For those of you who go for a drive just to get out, the best Chinese I've had is in Prescott, ON (Wok House) there is damn good pizza to be found at Papa Larry's as well in the same town. I will be trying Big Luke's Take Two in my hometown of Alexandria, ON soon. It's reputed to have the best ribs pretty much anywhere. Beautiful dining room and lovely terrace as well. I'll post my comments when I actually try it out.

Lets try to stay on topic shall we? This is Ottawa Restaurant Review. Sarcasm

That didn't take long! Laugh1
I thought we had reviewed every restaurant in Ottawa and were moving on to other cities...

Wink

We haven't reviewed Marshys ... oh, wait, nevermind.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:I can vouch for Prime 360 too, it's basically as good as they come.

Also, I find that in most cases the keg is overrated, but the best steak I've ever had was a baseball top sirloin at The Keg on Richmond road.

I was stuck with Noah's when I worked in that building...

I finally tried Shawarma Palace and I don't think it's that much better than Shawarma King down the street quite frankly.

For those of you who go for a drive just to get out, the best Chinese I've had is in Prescott, ON (Wok House) there is damn good pizza to be found at Papa Larry's as well in the same town. I will be trying Big Luke's Take Two in my hometown of Alexandria, ON soon. It's reputed to have the best ribs pretty much anywhere. Beautiful dining room and lovely terrace as well. I'll post my comments when I actually try it out.

Lets try to stay on topic shall we? This is Ottawa Restaurant Review. Sarcasm

That didn't take long! Laugh1
I thought we had reviewed every restaurant in Ottawa and were moving on to other cities...

Wink

SSF will appear in 3... 2... 1...

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Vertigo

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

There's a Works opening in Barrhaven!!!! Ahhhhh!

Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now? - Page 4 Images10

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Vertigo

12 minutes. Must have been busy.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've finally been to Five Guys and I gotta say I still prefer The Works. The Burgers are big and messy but I wouldn't say they're anything special.

P.S there's way more than five guys in there working. Wink

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I've finally been to Five Guys and I gotta say I still prefer The Works. The Burgers are big and messy but I wouldn't say they're anything special.

Yeah, when I was there, there were probably 10-15 people working the grills.

There's a new Shawarma place open right next to Five Guys...they have a grand opening special where you can get a beef or chicken shawarma, garlic roast potatoes, and a pop for $3.99. It's a terrific deal, and the shawarma's pretty decent too. If you get garlic sauce on everything, you will still be tasting it the day after...a wonderful experience.

On a side note, last night I was slicing up some jalapenos and then made the mistake of scratching my Donkey. I had to get in the shower.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brilliant move by the restaurants next to 5 guys though. I'm sure they get a lot of overflow from them.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I've finally been to Five Guys and I gotta say I still prefer The Works. The Burgers are big and messy but I wouldn't say they're anything special.

There's a new Shawarma place open right next to Five Guys...they have a grand opening special where you can get a beef or chicken shawarma, garlic roast potatoes, and a pop for $3.99. It's a terrific deal, and the shawarma's pretty decent too. If you get garlic sauce on everything, you will still be tasting it the day after...a wonderful experience.

On a side note, last night I was slicing up some jalapenos and then made the mistake of scratching my Donkey. I had to get in the shower.

Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Oh man, that made my day! Laughing3 Laughing3

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Poor Donkey, will he be ok?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Poor Donkey, will he be ok?

He seems in fine spirits this morning.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

Jalapenos are pretty mild, though. When working with Habaneros or Scottish Bonnets, though, you really should wear rubber gloves. If you don't, you'd better "hold it in" (if you get my drift) until you've had a chance to scrub your hands.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Jalapenos are pretty mild, though.

Tell that to my Donkey.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Imagine if he ate a habanero chili, he'd be at a proctologist Ahhhhh!

Five Guys is the Dung, I'm going there tonight TwoThumbsUp!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Imagine if he ate a habanero chili, he'd be at a proctologist Ahhhhh!

Five Guys is the Dung, I'm going there tonight TwoThumbsUp!

Speaking of proctologists I was going to make up something about a burger joint in The Glebe that features a "Rainbow Burger" with a name similar to Five Guys but without the "u" and with a different vowel but that would be inappropriate.

StickmanDancing

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Tell that to my Donkey.

Poor guy...Indian food would slaughter you

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Tell that to my Donkey.

We're not on speaking terms.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Tell that to my Donkey.

Poor guy...Indian food would slaughter you

You must've missed my story about scratching my Donkey with jalapeno juice on my hand. I can handle my spice...just not directly applied to my anus.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum