GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

+13
Cap'n Clutch
LethalLehner
spader
LeCaptain
wprager
shabbs
dennycrane
SensHulk
Riprock
tim1_2
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:Another good burger place is Vera's, found inside the Butchery in Bells Corners. You can get a burger, fries or a hot dog. Pretty solid, again 8-12 bucks.

Yep...I'll second that. It's on par with Five Guys I'd say. Delicious. Also, you can actually buy the uncooked burger patties (the same that they use at Vera's) in the Butchery and BBQ 'em yourself. I've done that several times now, and they are outstanding.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Steak: It's gonna cost you a small fortune but it's totally worth it - Prime 360 (Downtown)

Burgers: The Works is still my favourite but I really want to try that Five Guys place.

Sushi: Very pricey much like the steak place I recommended but again these places are worth it. Taste of Japan (West), Festival Japan (Downtown)

Ribs: Baton Rouge - Also a bit pricey.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:
Dash wrote:Come to think of it, I think I ate at Little India Cafe once.

I've only gone for lunch, and that's when they server the buffet. I should go for supper and see what the a la carte menu is like. The indian place across from Newbridge/Alcatel (Bombay Masala) was night and day with their lunch vs. supper menu (price-wise, too). Now, if I can just arrange some cheap babysitting.

i've never been a fan of bombay masala actually. its good at times but i find very inconsistent. but i agree their a la carte is way better than the buffet.

The way I understand it it's two brothers and they've alternated being cooks. Maybe one of them is better than the other.

Best part of Little India: it's one cook. He's the owner and if he goes on vacation, they place closes down. He's pretty serious about his quality.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Btw, for sushi, I highly recommend sushi 168. Great presentation, excellent service, and quite the variety for buffet (it includes your pop drinks and several different types of desserts). Pricewise its about the same as other sushi places.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I can vouch for Prime 360 too, it's basically as good as they come.

Also, I find that in most cases the keg is overrated, but the best steak I've ever had was a baseball top sirloin at The Keg on Richmond road.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

stempniaksen wrote:Also, I find that in most cases the keg is overrated
Indeed. I'd take a Canyon Creek steak over a Keg steak these days. Neither are high end (ie: Hy's, Ruth's Chris, Barberien's, Morton's) but the Keg has fallen over the years.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Indeed. I'd take a Canyon Creek steak over a Keg steak these days. Neither are high end (ie: Hy's, Ruth's Chris, Barberien's, Morton's) but the Keg has fallen over the years.

Agreed. I find The Keg and Milestone's to be two of the more over-priced restaurants around.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

stempniaksen wrote:I can vouch for Prime 360 too, it's basically as good as they come.

Also, I find that in most cases the keg is overrated, but the best steak I've ever had was a baseball top sirloin at The Keg on Richmond road.

I was stuck with Noah's when I worked in that building...

I finally tried Shawarma Palace and I don't think it's that much better than Shawarma King down the street quite frankly.

For those of you who go for a drive just to get out, the best Chinese I've had is in Prescott, ON (Wok House) there is damn good pizza to be found at Papa Larry's as well in the same town. I will be trying Big Luke's Take Two in my hometown of Alexandria, ON soon. It's reputed to have the best ribs pretty much anywhere. Beautiful dining room and lovely terrace as well. I'll post my comments when I actually try it out.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:I can vouch for Prime 360 too, it's basically as good as they come.

I finally tried Shawarma Palace and I don't think it's that much better than Shawarma King down the street quite frankly.

For those of you who go for a drive just to get out, the best Chinese I've had is in Prescott, ON (Wok House) there is damn good pizza to be found at Papa Larry's as well in the same town. I will be trying Big Luke's Take Two in my hometown of Alexandria, ON soon. It's reputed to have the best ribs pretty much anywhere. Beautiful dining room and lovely terrace as well. I'll post my comments when I actually try it out.

Lets try to stay on topic shall we? This is Ottawa Restaurant Review. Sarcasm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Agreed. I find The Keg and Milestone's to be two of the more over-priced restaurants around.

I'd take Moxies over those two places. The price is around the same but I find Moxie's quality is much better.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

That didn't take long! Laugh1

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:

I'd take Moxies over those two places. The price is around the same but I find Moxie's quality is much better.

Yes, the food is better at Moxies, I agree. Or maybe I just mean to say that the waitresses are hotter and wear tighter clothes. I forget.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Plus the washrooms are to die for. Wink

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Heresy!!!! Burn the witch!!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I thought we had reviewed every restaurant in Ottawa and were moving on to other cities...

Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I thought we had reviewed every restaurant in Ottawa and were moving on to other cities...

Wink

We haven't reviewed Marshys ... oh, wait, nevermind.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Wink

SSF will appear in 3... 2... 1...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
SSF will appear in 3... 2... 1...

Vertigo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum