GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

+13
Cap'n Clutch
LethalLehner
spader
LeCaptain
wprager
shabbs
dennycrane
SensHulk
Riprock
tim1_2
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:Take it from an Indian person....the best Indian food in town is a place called 'Little India Cafe' right across the Coliseum theatre. It is a very small place, and doesn't have the presentation of a haveli's or east india company, but the food and service is 100x better than those places.

It's been in the citizen several times and lineups on weekends are outrageous. I highly recommend.

I'll definitely have to try that place. But it's usually a good sign for ethnic restaurants when they are frequented by said ethnicity.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Yup, Hell's Kitchen is why I am tempted to try it.

I've seen recipes to make Wellington (Beef, Pork, etc). And I did use google to try and find a restaurant and got the same one you did, but as you said, it was an old post. Surprised the Keg doesn't have one.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Sitar is pretty good too...

http://sitarindianrestaurant.ca/

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:The Sitar is pretty good too...

Since you are in the GTA, have you tried Tandoori Flame in Brampton? Dixie and Orenda I think.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:
shabbs wrote:The Sitar is pretty good too...

Since you are in the GTA, have you tried Tandoori Flame in Brampton? Dixie and Orenda I think.
No I have not... will have to put it on my list...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Take it from an Indian person....the best Indian food in town is a place called 'Little India Cafe' right across the Coliseum theatre. It is a very small place, and doesn't have the presentation of a haveli's or east india company, but the food and service is 100x better than those places.

It's been in the citizen several times and lineups on weekends are outrageous. I highly recommend.

We were doing a group lunch for a 10-year service anniversary of someone in my group, and he selected Little India Cafe. I'll definitely be going back. Unfortunately I've only been there 2 years so it'll be another 8 before I get to pick.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Come to think of it, I think I ate at Little India Cafe once.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Come to think of it, I think I ate at Little India Cafe once.

I've only gone for lunch, and that's when they server the buffet. I should go for supper and see what the a la carte menu is like. The indian place across from Newbridge/Alcatel (Bombay Masala) was night and day with their lunch vs. supper menu (price-wise, too). Now, if I can just arrange some cheap babysitting.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

As for Beef Wellington, any good chef would be able to make it. You just have to go to a place where the chef will make something that's not on the menu. The restaurant at the Brookstreet is probably such a place.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

We were doing a group lunch for a 10-year service anniversary of someone in my group, and he selected Little India Cafe. I'll definitely be going back. Unfortunately I've only been there 2 years so it'll be another 8 before I get to pick.

i've surprisingly never done lunch there, only a la carte. but definitely the a la carte has been amazing all times.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

I've only gone for lunch, and that's when they server the buffet. I should go for supper and see what the a la carte menu is like. The indian place across from Newbridge/Alcatel (Bombay Masala) was night and day with their lunch vs. supper menu (price-wise, too). Now, if I can just arrange some cheap babysitting.

i've never been a fan of bombay masala actually. its good at times but i find very inconsistent. but i agree their a la carte is way better than the buffet.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Favourite restaurant in town:

http://www.siambistro.com/

The Pad Thai Vertigo

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:

i've never been a fan of bombay masala actually. its good at times but i find very inconsistent. but i agree their a la carte is way better than the buffet.

The way I understand it it's two brothers and they've alternated being cooks. Maybe one of them is better than the other.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Petit Bill's Bistro in Westboro has a lobster poutine that's unbelievable. I had it tonight. It's expensive ($15 for an appetizer-sized portion) but well worth trying.

If you haven't been to Petit Bill's, I highly recommend it. If you're a wine drinker, you absolutely have to check it out. They have an award winning wine selection.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

La Femme wrote:Favourite restaurant in town:

http://www.siambistro.com/

The Pad Thai Vertigo

Agreed. The Pad Thai is excellent there. I have been going for years. I highly recommend Bela's. Excellent italian food especially the lobster and crab stuffed ravioli. One of my favourite places for Indian Food is Host India on Montreal Rd.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:Another good burger place is Vera's, found inside the Butchery in Bells Corners. You can get a burger, fries or a hot dog. Pretty solid, again 8-12 bucks.

Yep...I'll second that. It's on par with Five Guys I'd say. Delicious. Also, you can actually buy the uncooked burger patties (the same that they use at Vera's) in the Butchery and BBQ 'em yourself. I've done that several times now, and they are outstanding.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Steak: It's gonna cost you a small fortune but it's totally worth it - Prime 360 (Downtown)

Burgers: The Works is still my favourite but I really want to try that Five Guys place.

Sushi: Very pricey much like the steak place I recommended but again these places are worth it. Taste of Japan (West), Festival Japan (Downtown)

Ribs: Baton Rouge - Also a bit pricey.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:

The way I understand it it's two brothers and they've alternated being cooks. Maybe one of them is better than the other.

Best part of Little India: it's one cook. He's the owner and if he goes on vacation, they place closes down. He's pretty serious about his quality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum