GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa

+8
SensHulk
caissie_1
tim1_2
SensGirl11
Hoags
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:26 am

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Pretty much, I would've taken him over Cameron personally.

He did't want to be an assistant though, so that takes KK out of the assistant equation.

Fair. Does he make it to Bingo this season or will he be hired in the NHL?

32YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:27 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Pretty much, I would've taken him over Cameron personally.

He did't want to be an assistant though, so that takes KK out of the assistant equation.

Being the head guy is better for KK and HIS future. He can make another nice run in Bingo, say "Peace!", as the chillens say, and move on.

33YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:33 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
Fair. Does he make it to Bingo this season or will he be hired in the NHL?

No, I don't think he's gonna get to HC this season. Most of the HC jobs are filled now before the draft - unless Lou wants him in NJ - and I doubt he wants someone with no HC experience in the NHL, so he'd offer his an assistant - which he doesn't want.

So, no, I don't think he gets HC this year. And I'm also not sure he's gonna slide into a HC job anytime soon in the NHL the way teams promote from within a lot of the time. I'm not sure what his future holds to be honest, but I hope he stays with us for a while.

34YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:55 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jordan Binnington to Ottawa?

35YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Jordan Binnington to Ottawa?

And Shuggs (sp)?

36YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Jordan Binnington to Ottawa?

And Shuggs (sp)?

Who?

37YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=106861

Justin Shugg - had a nice year under Cameron last season.

38YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:48 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:I hope people lay off Cameron now. They got 2 very solid assistant coaches who have been very successful. The coaching staff looks to be in great shape. Great moves by Murray.
100% agree. Solid set of coaches in place now. Will hopefully instill some nice new attitudes.

39YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:23 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

man this is crazy. that's as solid a coaching staff(on paper) as I've ever seen in Ottawa. all 3 possible head coaches in the NHL someday. we could literally be the next Detroit Redwings. It feels good to be a sens fan again.

40YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:29 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Training camp when people question why Regin isnt being given 25 mins a night.

I know you're kidding, but I'm one of the bigger Regin supporters - even now - and I wouldn't a)be surprised if he gets demoted to the 3rd or 4th line (or pressbox), nor would I raise a fuss at this point. He, like a few of our fringe players, have a lot to prove.
I'm probably the second biggest supporter also but It's time to get some results. I really hope they give him a fair chance to become second line center. I'm sure they've got to work with him a lot get him to be a more physical player but the skills are all there with this kid. if he still can't get it done under the new coaching staff it maybe time to move him.

41YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:34 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Training camp when people question why Regin isnt being given 25 mins a night.

I know you're kidding, but I'm one of the bigger Regin supporters - even now - and I wouldn't a)be surprised if he gets demoted to the 3rd or 4th line (or pressbox), nor would I raise a fuss at this point. He, like a few of our fringe players, have a lot to prove.
I'm probably the second biggest supporter also but It's time to get some results. I really hope they give him a fair chance to become second line center. I'm sure they've got to work with him a lot get him to be a more physical player but the skills are all there with this kid. if he still can't get it done under the new coaching staff it maybe time to move him.

Needless to say, Regin needs to have a HUGE camp this year. If he doesn't come in with his best, he may well find himself on waivers.

42YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:38 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who's Regin?

43YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:02 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:Who's Regin?
Someone who's window of opportunity is closing...

Wink

44YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:05 am

rooneypoo wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Needless to say, Regin needs to have a HUGE camp this year. If he doesn't come in with his best, he may well find himself on waivers.

Waivers already? Yikes! I doubt Ottawa has any cap problems, so he'd really have to be bad for Murray to just give up on him. I say give up on him simply because I don't think he'd clear. He's young enough for someone to take a (basically) free chance on him.

45YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:22 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Waivers already? Yikes! I doubt Ottawa has any cap problems, so he'd really have to be bad for Murray to just give up on him. I say give up on him simply because I don't think he'd clear. He's young enough for someone to take a (basically) free chance on him.
no way IMO regin ever makes it to waivers. someone will trade for him.wonder what philly would offer Sarcasm
personally i haope he plays a bigger role and rebounds into our second line center. he's so enjoyable to watch when he's on it.

46YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:39 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

no way IMO regin ever makes it to waivers. someone will trade for him.wonder what philly would offer Sarcasm
personally i haope he plays a bigger role and rebounds into our second line center. he's so enjoyable to watch when he's on it.

If Regin doesn't have a good camp, then he will not make the team. To send him down, we'd need to pass him through waivers. It's a possibility, for sure, if he doesn't get his act together.

47YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 am

rooneypoo wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

If Regin doesn't have a good camp, then he will not make the team. To send him down, we'd need to pass him through waivers. It's a possibility, for sure, if he doesn't get his act together.

A lot will depend on how other players perform though I think. I don't necessarily think that Condra, Greening and the like are shoo-ins for roster spots. It's certainly possible though that if Regin doesn't rebound, he could find himself on the outside looking in, in terms of an Ottawa roster spot.

48YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: YES! Mark Reeds an assistant in Ottawa Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:29 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:A lot will depend on how other players perform though I think. I don't necessarily think that Condra, Greening and the like are shoo-ins for roster spots. It's certainly possible though that if Regin doesn't rebound, he could find himself on the outside looking in, in terms of an Ottawa roster spot.

Regin has more realistic and comparable players to benchmark against and a better opportunity to play a bigger and more permanent role. That should help a lot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum