GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RUMOUR THREAD

+10
rooneypoo
wprager
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Riprock
tim1_2
stempniaksen
Ev
Hoags
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46RUMOUR THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

He's said they are shopping and listening to offers on Richards, doesn't mean they will trade him unless someone makes an offer they can't refuse.

sandysensfan wrote:
You can bet if it is Richards..... the Leafs will be all over that... they like truculence.

Leafs don't have the (tradeable) assets to trade for Richards or anyone of his stature.

The typical hfboards Leafs' trade proposal of bundling some of their crappy players and late first round picks for an impact star player would give any NHL GM an aneurysm from laughing so hard. I'm sure they will try but any serious talks would have to involve Schenn and/or Kessel which Jurke won't do.

47RUMOUR THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:36 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Whether people want to believe it or not, it appears that Richards is a problem with media and within the room with the same thing happening there as Ottawa - the room is divided badly.

His numbers have been average in the playoffs, he's being usurpt by other guys - most notably Briere and Giroux.

If it was me, I'd trade Carter for Voracek + 8th overall + perhaps a forward prospect of mid-level value. That guy can score, but what he brings to the table is or will be basically the same as Giroux, JVR and again, the teams MVP Briere.

48RUMOUR THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:37 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:He's said they are shopping and listening to offers on Richards, doesn't mean they will trade him unless someone makes an offer they can't refuse.

sandysensfan wrote:
You can bet if it is Richards..... the Leafs will be all over that... they like truculence.

Leafs don't have the (tradeable) assets to trade for Richards or anyone of his stature.

The typical hfboards Leafs' trade proposal of bundling some of their crappy players and late first round picks for an impact star player would give any NHL GM an aneurysm from laughing so hard. I'm sure they will try but any serious talks would have to involve Schenn and/or Kessel which Jurke won't do.

Fixed!

49RUMOUR THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

22_4_ever wrote:You said that Howard Eskin said it yesterday. He's a radio head for one of Philly's sports talk radio shows. BTW reading his bio he's been very controversial over the years and he mentioned it on Twitter.

I don't trust anything random "anonymous" people post. Playmaker26 has been right as senschirp lately. Like I said, I choose not to believe it. Just doesn't make sense. You trade your captain, and look at a guy (Pronger) who in my opinion will only last another 2 maybe 3 years tops. Then who leads your team.

Doesn't make sense.

So how do you even know who he is (the poster I was talking about) if you didn't even know what I was talking about?

and there's a big difference between a poster like PM26, who acknowledges that he knows nothing and is getting his info from somebody else, and SensChirp, who acts like he is in the know all the time and comes off as an arrogant, attention grabber.

Last edited by Big Ev on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

50RUMOUR THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:47 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Richards is overrated and has been since he came into the NHL. His so-called great leadership has been awful, and he has declined big time the last 2 years.

He's so overrated that they signed him to a long term deal with an NMC and picked him for the 2010 Olympic team ?

He's a very good 26-year old 2-way centre that many teams would love to have including Ottawa, whatever is going on in the Flyers' dressing room isn't necessarily him. He's better than anyone on the current Sens roster.

He may not be cut out to be captain, the same way Marleau wasn't. Players are frequently picked to be captain because of their status and marketability on the team not due to their leadership skills.

Pronger is a big white elephant in the room, I don't how many people can be an effective captain with him around.

Pronger is a better leader and the more important player to the Flyers organization. He didn't go to 3 Finals for no reason.

51RUMOUR THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:55 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:You said that Howard Eskin said it yesterday. He's a radio head for one of Philly's sports talk radio shows. BTW reading his bio he's been very controversial over the years and he mentioned it on Twitter.

I don't trust anything random "anonymous" people post. Playmaker26 has been right as senschirp lately. Like I said, I choose not to believe it. Just doesn't make sense. You trade your captain, and look at a guy (Pronger) who in my opinion will only last another 2 maybe 3 years tops. Then who leads your team.

Doesn't make sense.

So how do you even know who he is (the poster I was talking about) if you didn't even know what I was talking about?

and there's a big difference between a poster like PM26, who acknowledges that he knows nothing and is getting his info from somebody else, and SensChirp, who acts like he is in the know all the time and comes off as an arrogant, attention grabber.

Simple, in my attempt to determine if it's gossip or has any truth I went back and connected the dots with your posts. Twitter is where Eskin posted, it and PM26 also noted it on Dobber as per your post.

With all that said it's still a controversial radio head and some anonymous guy on a hockey board. Not one respectable Philly beat writer or any other hockey noteworthy person has posted it. Ergo in my mind, gossip.

52RUMOUR THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:55 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who would want Kessel? The man is locker-room cancer. Facepalm

53RUMOUR THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Who would want Kessel? The man is locker-room cancer. Facepalm

Now that's gossip lol.

54RUMOUR THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Who would want Kessel? The man is locker-room cancer. Facepalm

Now that's gossip lol.

Di you not watch the ASG? Nobody wanted to pick him. At the end he looked like the fat kid who farted in the cafeteria, and nobody wanted to sit next to him.

55RUMOUR THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:39 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

22_4_ever wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Doesn't make sense.

Simple, in my attempt to determine if it's gossip or has any truth I went back and connected the dots with your posts. Twitter is where Eskin posted, it and PM26 also noted it on Dobber as per your post.

With all that said it's still a controversial radio head and some anonymous guy on a hockey board. Not one respectable Philly beat writer or any other hockey noteworthy person has posted it. Ergo in my mind, gossip.

I think people who click on a thread entitled "RUMOUR THREAD" have to check their high standards of probability and verification at the door. Just saying. It is what it is.

56RUMOUR THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:13 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:

I think people who click on a thread entitled "RUMOUR THREAD" have to check their high standards of probability and verification at the door. Just saying. It is what it is.

Once again you're right...

It's a rumor in a rumor thread, and I should have just taken it as such.

57RUMOUR THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:27 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Pronger is a better leader and the more important player to the Flyers organization. He didn't go to 3 Finals for no reason.

You're right but Pronger only has a few years left at most and Richards is just getting started in his career. Who's to say Richards can't learn from Pronger either about leadership ?

He's more irreplaceable than Carter.

No reason to trade Richards, what are you gonna do when Pronger retires ?

58RUMOUR THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:51 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

You're right but Pronger only has a few years left at most and Richards is just getting started in his career. Who's to say Richards can't learn from Pronger either about leadership ?

He's more irreplaceable than Carter.

No reason to trade Richards, what are you gonna do when Pronger retires ?

Give the C to somebody else. It's not a big deal. It's just a letter.

59RUMOUR THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, captains get traded, it's not a shock. As they say, if 99 can get traded, nothing is a surprise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum