GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RUMOUR THREAD

+10
rooneypoo
wprager
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Riprock
tim1_2
stempniaksen
Ev
Hoags
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:39 am

22_4_ever

Sophomore
Sophomore

Those are things you can deal with...as the face of that franchise and besides Giroux the only other player I look at and say is the "Future" I'd take his side before Carter, Pronger, Briere.

He's your captain and despite the issues he's had over the last 2 years, there is no way that warrants walking away from him. Pronger is as much if not more of a pain in the arse, but people let it slide because of what he brings on the ice.

Carter is the main piece, no way Richards or Giroux goes. Everything else is just gossip and no truth to it, till I see Holmgren or the Owner hint at it.

32RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:51 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

22_4_ever wrote:I've read a bunch of posts all over the net about Richards being gone, and I seriously doubt it. Most of it is always just Flyer fans posting speculation and not one has a link to an article or quote from the Owner hinting in any way that Richards could move.

He's the heart of the franchise and despite what anyone else says, he makes that team tick. Pronger may be fighting with him for leadership, but he's old and Richards is still your captain and should be there long after Pronger hangs up his skates.

Flyers reporter Howard Eskin stated yesterday that the owner has said he wants to move Richards. It's not just random speculation. The guy who I/others get Flyers info from has a legit, quality source.

Richards is their captain but he isn't the glue of the Flyers. Giroux is probably the guy who makes the team tick, and Briere as well. JVR will soon be in the conversation if he isn't alreayd.

33RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:52 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

22_4_ever wrote:Those are things you can deal with...as the face of that franchise and besides Giroux the only other player I look at and say is the "Future" I'd take his side before Carter, Pronger, Briere.

He's your captain and despite the issues he's had over the last 2 years, there is no way that warrants walking away from him. Pronger is as much if not more of a pain in the arse, but people let it slide because of what he brings on the ice.

Carter is the main piece, no way Richards or Giroux goes. Everything else is just gossip and no truth to it, till I see Holmgren or the Owner hint at it.

Again, not just gossip. Carter and Richards both have equal chances of being traded.

34RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:53 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

either way, one of those big long contracts have to be shed if bryzgalov must be signed. I wouldn't be surprised if they trade richards and hand the captaincy to pronger.

35RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:00 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

No way do you trade a guy like Richards for anything less than a massive overpayment.

There's better tradeable players on the Flyers with Carter being at the bottom of the list. I'd trade any of them before Richards.

If there's issues with Richards in the locker room/media etc. then you can work those out. It's not like he is pulling a Heatley on the Flyers.

36RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:05 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:Those are things you can deal with...as the face of that franchise and besides Giroux the only other player I look at and say is the "Future" I'd take his side before Carter, Pronger, Briere.

Again, not just gossip. Carter and Richards both have equal chances of being traded.

Source??

As I said, hearing a bunch of fans saying it, doesn't make it true. It's gossip until it's stated by the GM or Owner, both of which hasn't been done publically.

37RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:10 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

22_4_ever wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Source??

As I said, hearing a bunch of fans saying it, doesn't make it true. It's gossip until it's stated by the GM or Owner, both of which hasn't been done publically.

Why would they ever say that in public? Come on, think about that for a minute. If they do that, everyone will know he has to go and it becomes a Heatley situation for the Flyers.

Source is a person inside the Flyers organization (not my source, the person who I and other members on Dobber Hockey get the info from). Like I have said, this guy has gotten quality, correct info many many times before.

You can choose not to believe it all you want but ever since the Flyers were eliminated, the info being relayed was that Richards may be shopped.

38RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:No way do you trade a guy like Richards for anything less than a massive overpayment.

There's better tradeable players on the Flyers with Carter being at the bottom of the list. I'd trade any of them before Richards.

If there's issues with Richards in the locker room/media etc. then you can work those out. It's not like he is pulling a Heatley on the Flyers.

Richards is overrated and has been since he came into the NHL. His so-called great leadership has been awful, and he has declined big time the last 2 years.

39RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:11 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:I've read a bunch of posts all over the net about Richards being gone, and I seriously doubt it. Most of it is always just Flyer fans posting speculation and not one has a link to an article or quote from the Owner hinting in any way that Richards could move.

He's the heart of the franchise and despite what anyone else says, he makes that team tick. Pronger may be fighting with him for leadership, but he's old and Richards is still your captain and should be there long after Pronger hangs up his skates.

Flyers reporter Howard Eskin stated yesterday that the owner has said he wants to move Richards. It's not just random speculation. The guy who I/others get Flyers info from has a legit, quality source.

Richards is their captain but he isn't the glue of the Flyers. Giroux is probably the guy who makes the team tick, and Briere as well. JVR will soon be in the conversation if he isn't alreayd.

Not that I don't believe you but I can't find it in print anywhere. If you have a link I'd like to see it, but for me him saying that is much like one of the guys on Team1200 saying Cameron is the next Coach because Melnyk wants him. Sure that's their opinion, but where's the direct quote from the Owner, or GM.

That's credible, until then it's a sports talk radio guy spouting gossip.

40RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:12 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Source??

Why would they ever say that in public? Come on, think about that for a minute. If they do that, everyone will know he has to go and it becomes a Heatley situation for the Flyers.

Source is a person inside the Flyers organization (not my source, the person who I and other members on Dobber Hockey get the info from). Like I have said, this guy has gotten quality, correct info many many times before.

You can choose not to believe it all you want but ever since the Flyers were eliminated, the info being relayed was that Richards may be shopped.

As I said, it's gossip...Melnyk said Cameron was his man, and that was public.

You ask me to believe that the Flyers will choose Carter over their Captain Richards. Hard to swallow or believe simply because a biased Philly Sports Talk Radio head says it.

41RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:17 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

22_4_ever wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Source??

As I said, it's gossip...Melnyk said Cameron was his man, and that was public.

You ask me to believe that the Flyers will choose Carter over their Captain Richards. Hard to swallow or believe simply because a biased Philly Sports Talk Radio head says it.

LOL I am not talking about a Philly Sports Talk Radio head. It is from someone who works for/with the Flyers. I don't know who it is, but it is a legit source. Read my posts over again, I'm talking about somebody else relaying info from a credible source, not just talking about the reporter

Richards is the easier one to trade if they needed to trade somebody. I could definitely see why they would want to.

42RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I used the Philly reporter's statement to back up what the poster I am in contact with has been saying for a month or so.

43RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Richards is overrated and has been since he came into the NHL. His so-called great leadership has been awful, and he has declined big time the last 2 years.

He's so overrated that they signed him to a long term deal with an NMC and picked him for the 2010 Olympic team ?

He's a very good 26-year old 2-way centre that many teams would love to have including Ottawa, whatever is going on in the Flyers' dressing room isn't necessarily him. He's better than anyone on the current Sens roster.

He may not be cut out to be captain, the same way Marleau wasn't. Players are frequently picked to be captain because of their status and marketability on the team not due to their leadership skills.

Pronger is a big white elephant in the room, I don't how many people can be an effective captain with him around.

44RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:23 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

You said that Howard Eskin said it yesterday. He's a radio head for one of Philly's sports talk radio shows. BTW reading his bio he's been very controversial over the years and he mentioned it on Twitter.

I don't trust anything random "anonymous" people post. Playmaker26 has been right as senschirp lately. Like I said, I choose not to believe it. Just doesn't make sense. You trade your captain, and look at a guy (Pronger) who in my opinion will only last another 2 maybe 3 years tops. Then who leads your team.

Doesn't make sense.

45RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:29 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:

You can bet if it is Richards..... the Leafs will be all over that... they like truculence.

46RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

He's said they are shopping and listening to offers on Richards, doesn't mean they will trade him unless someone makes an offer they can't refuse.

sandysensfan wrote:
You can bet if it is Richards..... the Leafs will be all over that... they like truculence.

Leafs don't have the (tradeable) assets to trade for Richards or anyone of his stature.

The typical hfboards Leafs' trade proposal of bundling some of their crappy players and late first round picks for an impact star player would give any NHL GM an aneurysm from laughing so hard. I'm sure they will try but any serious talks would have to involve Schenn and/or Kessel which Jurke won't do.

47RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Whether people want to believe it or not, it appears that Richards is a problem with media and within the room with the same thing happening there as Ottawa - the room is divided badly.

His numbers have been average in the playoffs, he's being usurpt by other guys - most notably Briere and Giroux.

If it was me, I'd trade Carter for Voracek + 8th overall + perhaps a forward prospect of mid-level value. That guy can score, but what he brings to the table is or will be basically the same as Giroux, JVR and again, the teams MVP Briere.

48RUMOUR THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: RUMOUR THREAD Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:37 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:He's said they are shopping and listening to offers on Richards, doesn't mean they will trade him unless someone makes an offer they can't refuse.

sandysensfan wrote:

Leafs don't have the (tradeable) assets to trade for Richards or anyone of his stature.

The typical hfboards Leafs' trade proposal of bundling some of their crappy players and late first round picks for an impact star player would give any NHL GM an aneurysm from laughing so hard. I'm sure they will try but any serious talks would have to involve Schenn and/or Kessel which Jurke won't do.

Fixed!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum