GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE

+16
TheAvatar
tim1_2
Flo The Action
22_4_ever
SensHulk
sandysensfan
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
Oglethorpe
Riprock
Tuk Tuk
Ev
spader
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

31REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Fri May 20, 2011 11:19 am

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

So who goes East? Nashville or Columbus? Geographically, Nashville is closer but they also have a good thing going in the WC. I think it will be Columbus. The league knows that franchise is bleeding money so getting Crosby and Ovechkin into the building more, plus lower travel costs, helps the CBJ.

32REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Fri May 20, 2011 11:41 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

dennycrane wrote:So who goes East? Nashville or Columbus? Geographically, Nashville is closer but they also have a good thing going in the WC. I think it will be Columbus. The league knows that franchise is bleeding money so getting Crosby and Ovechkin into the building more, plus lower travel costs, helps the CBJ.
I'm willing to bet they just slot Winnipeg in where Atlanta was in the South East for next season for a "quick fix" and then they'll look at a re-balancing after next season.

Detroit going east makes the most sense. Put Detroit in the South East and put Winnipeg in the Central.

Done.

33REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Fri May 20, 2011 11:47 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And nice spelling of Winnipeg there in the thread title Spezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

34REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Fri May 20, 2011 12:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

dennycrane wrote:Winnipeg also has a smaller arena to fill. The arena is also downtown, which is a huge plus. I have a lot of friends here who simply don't go to games as it is a huge inconvenience.

How many of them went to Roughrider games?

35REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Fri May 20, 2011 12:31 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:So who goes East? Nashville or Columbus? Geographically, Nashville is closer but they also have a good thing going in the WC. I think it will be Columbus. The league knows that franchise is bleeding money so getting Crosby and Ovechkin into the building more, plus lower travel costs, helps the CBJ.

I think it was decided that it was Columbus to the Southeast, Winnipeg in the division with Detroit.

36REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Fri May 20, 2011 1:07 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anyone catch this?

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/hollywood-stake-appoints-jb-smith-as-chairman-and-chief-executive-officer-1517051.htm

37REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Fri May 20, 2011 1:25 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

It makes no sense to put Winnipeg in the same division as Florida. That's about a five-hour plane ride for an intra-division game.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if the NHL does that.

38REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Fri May 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:It makes no sense to put Winnipeg in the same division as Florida. That's about a five-hour plane ride for an intra-division game.

They would only be in the Southleast for 1 year. They can't switch the divisions on such short notice.

39REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Fri May 20, 2011 2:30 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

dennycrane wrote:It makes no sense to put Winnipeg in the same division as Florida. That's about a five-hour plane ride for an intra-division game.

Washington --> Florida is about 1000 miles. Detroit is only 200 miles further...

40REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Sun May 22, 2011 10:28 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, how many players won't re-sign or refuse to go to Winnipeg? Will be interesting...

UFA's/RFA's here: http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=7

41REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Sun May 22, 2011 11:45 am

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:So, how many players won't re-sign or refuse to go to Winnipeg? Will be interesting...

UFA's/RFA's here: http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=7

These players should be thankful for even playing in the NHL. I'm sure there are a lot of young hockey players who would jump at the chance to play NHL hockey.
Unless they have been to Winnipeg and seen the place.. how do they know they won't like it? Because a few people didn't? That's their reason?

42REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Sun May 22, 2011 11:28 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

late to the party but i'm a little bummed out that phoenix keeps getting chance after chance to keep their team yet atlanta gets one 'for sale' sign up and they're getting shipped outta town. really...what the Diddle?

Happy for winnipeg but this doesn't sound too promising to me that a team would just up and leave like that again...

43REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Mon May 23, 2011 8:44 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:late to the party but i'm a little bummed out that phoenix keeps getting chance after chance to keep their team yet atlanta gets one 'for sale' sign up and they're getting shipped outta town. really...what the Diddle?

Happy for winnipeg but this doesn't sound too promising to me that a team would just up and leave like that again...
They've been looking for new ownership in Atlanta for a while... no one was even coming forward...

44REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Mon May 23, 2011 9:07 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:
Michallica wrote:late to the party but i'm a little bummed out that phoenix keeps getting chance after chance to keep their team yet atlanta gets one 'for sale' sign up and they're getting shipped outta town. really...what the Diddle?

They've been looking for new ownership in Atlanta for a while... no one was even coming forward...

Also don't forget that city council ponied up 25 million last year to cover losses, and once again approved it for this year. Atlanta's council has made it clear that will never happen. To be honest I don't blame the NHL. The players love it there, visiting players love going there, and they are basically guaranteed to break even every year as long as city council throws 25 million at them to stay.

45REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Mon May 23, 2011 10:10 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Atlanta is in the process of preparing for city staff layoffs... and a $25M handout would not look very good... even a last ditched effort by local sports celebs could not help... I think even Lil Wayne got in on the act...

46REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Mon May 23, 2011 10:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Atlanta is in the process of preparing for city staff layoffs... and a $25M handout would not look very good... even a last ditched effort by local sports celebs could not help... I think even Lil Wayne got in on the act...

Lil Wayne? Is that anything like Li'l Sebastian on Parks and Rec?

REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Lil-sebastian

REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Ron-swanson

47REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Mon May 23, 2011 10:18 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Atlanta is in the process of preparing for city staff layoffs... and a $25M handout would not look very good... even a last ditched effort by local sports celebs could not help... I think even Lil Wayne got in on the act...

Not quite... this one...

REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Lil-Wayne-bm09

Mary J. Blige has a new single out with him and Diddy on it... not too shabby...

48REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Mon May 23, 2011 10:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Not quite... this one...

REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 3 Lil-Wayne-bm09

Mary J. Blige has a new single out with him and Diddy on it... not too shabby...

I was just plugging the best comedy on TV right now. If you don't watch it, try it on for size. Ron Swanson might quickly become your favorite character on TV.

Here's an exchange with his ex-wife:
Tammy: Guess I'll be heading home.

Ron: Catching the number twelve bus to Satan's butthole?

Tammy: Actually I prefer the number 69 train to Humpsville Station.

And another quote from when he was about to be interviewed by a 9-year-old for a school project:
Ron: It's never too early to learn that the government is a greedy piglet that suckles on a taxpayer's teet until they have sore, chapped nipples. I'm gonna need a different metaphor to give this nine year old.

And when he's challenged for a best-tasting burger by Rob Lowe (who made a low-fat turkey burger with fancy trimmings):
Ron: Here's mine. It's a hamburger made out of meat on a bun with nothing. Add ketchup if you want I couldn't care less.

And this is what set up the challenge:
Chris: Have you ever tried a turkey burger?
Ron: Is that a fried turkey leg inside a grilled hamburger? If so, yes, delicious.

One last one, I promise. This one is best with the accompanying video, but I have no time to look for it:

Ron: Indianapolis is home to Charles Mulligan's Steakhouse, the best damn steakhouse in the damn state. I have taken a picture of every steak I've ever eaten there. June 2004: Porterhouse, medium rare, Bearnaise sauce. January 2000: They call this one, The Enforcer. February '96: The steak ribeye. The Whiskey: Lagavulin 16. The lady next to me? A Wing Dang Doodle. Specifically, my ex-wife Tammy. OK, this is the first I ever went there. Look at me. Just a kid.

Read more: http://www.tvfanatic.com/quotes/characters/ron-swanson/page-3.html#ixzz1NBbb6y45

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum