GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade

+6
Flo The Action
Ev
PTFlea
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who wins the trade?

Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade Vote_lcap233%Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade Vote_rcap2 33% [ 2 ]
Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade Vote_lcap267%Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade Vote_rcap2 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

to ATL: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Sopel and Ben Eager, Akim Aliu

to CHI: NJ's 1st in 2010, NJ's 2nd in 2010, Marty Reasoner, Jeremy Morin and Joey Crabb

ATL also sent "Brett Sterling, defenceman Michael Vernace, and a 7th round 2010 draft pick to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for future considerations."

sources:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325488

Last edited by Dash on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:28 am; edited 5 times in total

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

TSNBobMcKenzie

Chicago to send Byfuglien, Sopel, Eager and Akim Aliu to Atl for 24th overall pick, 54th overall pick, Marty Reasoner and Jeremy Morin.

Real_ESPNLeBrun
Hawks trade Byfuglien, Eager, Sopel and prospect to Thrashers for 1st-round pick, a 2nd-round pick, prospect Jeremy Morin and M. Reasoner,

kausatoday

Byfuglien, Sopel, Eager to Atlanta for first round pick (New Jersey's), 2nd round pick (new jersey's), Reasoner and Jeremy Morin.

Last edited by Dash on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There seems to be a lot of movement around the NHL. Anything Sens-related?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I don't know much about the Atlanta players going to Chicago, but that's a massive deal and didn't think it would go down like this. Byfuglien and Eager still netted them a first rounder and a 2nd

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Reasoner's a solid 3rd/4th liner, PKer. Morin I think is still a prospect. And they gave up New Jersey's picks they got for Kovalchuk.

So basically the got:

Bergfors, Oduya, Byfuglien, Sopel, Eager + Aliu & Cormierfor Kovalchuk, Salmela, Reasoner and Morin

Last edited by Dash on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Akim Aliu also part of the package going to ATL.

Dash wrote:TSNBobMcKenzie

Chicago to send Byfuglien, Sopel, Eager and Akim Aliu to Atl for 24th overall pick, 54th overall pick, Marty Reasoner and Jeremy Morin.

Real_ESPNLeBrun
Hawks trade Byfuglien, Eager, Sopel and prospect to Thrashers for 1st-round pick, a 2nd-round pick, prospect Jeremy Morin and M. Reasoner,

kausatoday

Byfuglien, Sopel, Eager to Atlanta for first round pick (New Jersey's), 2nd round pick (new jersey's), Reasoner and Jeremy Morin.

If Aliu isn't included, it's a Dung deal. I hope, for ATL's sake, that BMac is right.

Dash wrote:Reasoner's a solid 3rd/4th liner, PKer. Morin I think is still a prospect. And they gave up New Jersey's picks they got for Kovalchuk.

So basically the got:

Bergfors, Oduya, Byfuglien, Sopel and Eager for Kovalchuk, Reasoner and Morin

+ Aliu

Waddell is a solid, underrated GM. That's about as good a return as you could want for a UFA Kovalchuk.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What a fantastic trade for Atlanta.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I honestly don't know who wins this trade, a 1st + Jeremy Morin is pretty good in itself.

Last edited by Big Ev on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i assume this doesn't solve chicago's cap issues?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Canucks fans rejoice

This is a case of both teams winning I feel. Though Chicago loses that huge presence in Byfuglien, but he was playing with world class athletes in Chicago. And they got NJ's 1st and 2nd (weak draft) but still. This gives Chicago more options to trade I think with that extra first rounder. Atlanta got a giant return on Kovalchuk

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:I honestly don't know who wins this trade, a 1st + Jeremy Morin is pretty good in itself.

On 2nd thought...

That's a 1st for Buff and a 2nd for Sopel, Eager - lets' say the 2 prospects cancel each other out.

Perhaps they overpayment when you break it down.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:i assume this doesn't solve chicago's cap issues?

Chicago saves $4,183,333 million subtracting Byfuglien and Sopel for Reasoner. Eager is a RFA, so they no longer have to worry about him.

Last edited by Dash on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's a gamble that Buff will rule in the Southeast (and East), but I like it (I think... Laugh1 ). Wow, this one is hard to compute.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum