GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE

+16
TheAvatar
tim1_2
Flo The Action
22_4_ever
SensHulk
sandysensfan
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
Oglethorpe
Riprock
Tuk Tuk
Ev
spader
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

136REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 11:16 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The scene today in Winnipeg...

Thompson: "The JETS are BACK in Winnipeg!!!!!"
Crowd: "YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! FINALLY!!!!! WE LOVE THE JETS!!!!"
Thompson: "Now, please line up and purchase three years worth of season's tickets right off the bat."
Crowd: "DOH!"

*crowd leaves*

Bettman: "Awww Diddle man."

137REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 11:18 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:LeBrun: Source says name of Winnipeg team "still not determined"

Ditto for the whereabouts of LeBrun's jawline.

138REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 11:20 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Winnipeg TBD's.

139REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 11:27 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Too bad they don't have a name and even a logo/jersey to reveal. Realize they likely didn't know 100% this was happening, but you'd think they'd already discussed this. I guess we just have to wait and see.

While "Jets" have nostalgia, it also has the history of being relocated. Starting new shouldn't cause problems, I think just having the team in the city is better than a name.

140REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 11:43 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Name aside, at least it’s a somewhat established franchise, and Winnipeg fans won’t have to suffer the same way we did with the expansion draft team.

141REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 12:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Winnipeg Rockets FTW!

Jets suck air; rockets supply their own oxygen.

142REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 12:23 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CONFIRMED!!! (?)

143REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 12:30 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Did Bettman just say they have to sell out every game for the NHL in Winnipeg to work ??

144REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 12:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Buy 13,000 season tickets... or else!!!

Laugh1 Laughing3

145REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 12:30 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

So we know that is has to be approved by board of governors which will happen June 21. Also, they want 13'000 season tickets sold by then.

146REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 12:31 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I can't see them doing all of this to Winnipeg and Atlanta for nothing though. I think Bettman is just trying to scare the fans into buying season tickets.

147REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 12:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anyone else already sick of hearing about this?

148REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 12:44 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Anyone else already sick of hearing about this?

Big Ev, is that you?

149REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 12:49 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Big Ev, is that you?

:crossarms:

150REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 12:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Big Ev, is that you?

:crossarms:

Honest mistake.

GolfingBanana

151REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 12:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, a three year commitment on the lowest priced season ticket package. 4 and 5 year commitments for the higher end ones.

They need to seel 13,000 season tickets before the BoG meeting esentially... and sell out the arena every game.

Prices and seating charts here: http://www.driveto13.com/

Good luck Winnipeg!!!

152REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 12:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:Buy 13,000 season tickets... or else!!!

Laugh1 Laughing3
For at least three years!!!! At least they guarantee the price won't go up more than 3% per year.

153REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 10 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 12:53 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:So, a three year commitment on the lowest priced season ticket package. 4 and 5 year commitments for the higher end ones.

They need to seel 13,000 season tickets before the BoG meeting esentially... and sell out the arena every game.

Prices and seating charts here: http://www.driveto13.com/

Good luck Winnipeg!!!

Pretty standard conditions. I remember "Boots" DelBiaggio having to jump through the same hoops as well.

Oh no, wait, he didn't. Laugh1 Laughing3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum