GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Considering trying out Netflix -- what's the break-even point?

+8
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
Riprock
SensHulk
LeCaptain
Ev
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Any Netflix news?

For $8 a month, you could do worse.

I'm getting my moneys worth from 70's cartoons alone.

That's the spirit. Pink Panther FTW

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Any Netflix news?

For $8 a month, you could do worse.

I'm getting my moneys worth from 70's cartoons alone.

That's the spirit. Pink Panther FTW

Fat Albert and Godzilla (featuring Godzooky)

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I signed up for Netflix today. Thought I'd give it a spin. I also signed up for Unblock US so that I could check out all the Netflix US content. Sweet stuff.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I signed up for Netflix today. Thought I'd give it a spin. I also signed up for Unblock US so that I could check out all the Netflix US content. Sweet stuff.

For $8 it's hard to go wrong.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:I signed up for Netflix today. Thought I'd give it a spin. I also signed up for Unblock US so that I could check out all the Netflix US content. Sweet stuff.

If he just signed up, that's $0/month, first month, then $12 or $13 after that (UnblockUS is $4 or $5).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

If he just signed up, that's $0/month, first month, then $12 or $13 after that (UnblockUS is $4 or $5).

That is correct. Unblock US has a free trial for a week... then $5/month afterwards.

For $13/month... full access to Netflix US content is pretty sweet. The Unblock US setup also allows for no NHL game blackouts via Gamecetner Live, and access to Hulu Plus etc... it's friggin' sweet Donkey sweet.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

That is correct. Unblock US has a free trial for a week... then $5/month afterwards.

For $13/month... full access to Netflix US content is pretty sweet. The Unblock US setup also allows for no NHL game blackouts via Gamecetner Live, and access to Hulu Plus etc... it's friggin' sweet Donkey sweet.

Yep. If I didn't already just download everything I want, I would certainly be getting US Netflix/etc. Gamecentre is also awesome.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah. I was in the habit of downloading as well, but with Netflix US, there is so much content at your fingertips (Sons Of Anarchy in HD/5.1 for example). And they have Netflix KIDS with tons of stuff for my daughter to check out.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Pretty much my setup as well. No 60$ a month Dung for TV anymore

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKid wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

$60 a month? You're getting off easy...Mine is around $80 for Rogers.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Yeah. I was in the habit of downloading as well, but with Netflix US, there is so much content at your fingertips (Sons Of Anarchy in HD/5.1 for example). And they have Netflix KIDS with tons of stuff for my daughter to check out.

Thanks for the tip, shabber. I had a good run with NO cable for awhile but my wife caved Sad

We still enjoy Netflix, though.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
LeKid wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

$60 a month? You're getting off easy...Mine is around $80 for Rogers.

I'm not even sure, I never paid for cable because I used to live with my brother. Since I moved into my own place I never subscribed for cable.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKid wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

If I didn't need network primetime shows and sports I could drop Rogers, sign up with TekSavvy (300 GB d/l cap) and Netflix/UnblockUS. So why don' t I? The wife likes to watch shows like House Hunters and other stuff like that. Shows like that it doesn't matter at all if you are watching it a year or two late. Other shows, though, I like to chat it up on TCF (tivocommunity.com) so watching it a year later is tough.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, live sports and news will likely keep me tethered to cable in some capacity. We'll see...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum