GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Draft day trades and moves predictions.

+15
Vandelay
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Riprock
dennycrane
spader
sandysensfan
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 13]

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Oilers Stu MacGregor on Landeskog:

Scouting Report: "He's a powerful guy who is strong on the boards . . . he's a very straight-ahead kind of player . . . he's good off the cycle to the net and strong in front of the net . . . he can kill penalties as well and he's got good hockey sense."

Projection: "He's going to be a third-line player who could be a good second-line player."

Best Case Scenario: "A second-line player who plays in all key situations for you."

Concerns: "He's got to become a better skater."

I would love to have him, but don't know if it's worth it to trade up for that. Obviously Murray and scouts may have a different opinion though.

It's said in places that Mark Stone has to work on his skating as well... and look at the year he had.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Maybe the Sens stay put with their 6th overall.. but spend to move up the Nashville pick -- if it ends up being 21st overall.

Do not the Islanders like to move down in the draft IF they can pick up extra picks. Give them Nashville's 1st + 2 of the 2nd round picks (not Ottawa's) to see if they would bite. Not sure if you have to add anything else.
That way Sens would pick 5th & 6th.
Is that too much of a dream.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:Maybe the Sens stay put with their 6th overall.. but spend to move up the Nashville pick -- if it ends up being 21st overall.

Do not the Islanders like to move down in the draft IF they can pick up extra picks. Give them Nashville's 1st + 2 of the 2nd round picks (not Ottawa's) to see if they would bite. Not sure if you have to add anything else.
That way Sens would pick 5th & 6th.
Is that too much of a dream.

I wouldn't if I were the Isles. I'd stand pat and take one of Murphy or Hamilton.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's funny is Richards was playing on the third line in Philly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:What's funny is Richards was playing on the third line in Philly.

Really? Who were the 6 guys ahead of him?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Leino, Carter, Hartnell, Giroux, JVR, and Briere I think...don't know if he was playing on the same line the whole time but he was with Powe and somebody I believe.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Leino, Carter, Hartnell, Giroux, JVR, and Briere I think...don't know if he was playing on the same line the whole time but he was with Powe and somebody I believe.

Huh. I'm all for spreading out the offense, but that's a little much IMO.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

The trade proposals for the 21st overall pick can officiall¥ begin Smile

Maybe Philly gets real desperate for a 1st rounder and deals us a stud (with some term) for this pick. AFter all, they didn't have a 1st last year thanks to the pronger deal, and then they dealt this year's first for Versteeg. AND to top it all off, they got swept in embarassing fashion by the bruins.

Yeah I think they'll be desperate to make a change and draft someone.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:The trade proposals for the 21st overall pick can officiall¥ begin Smile

Maybe Philly gets real desperate for a 1st rounder and deals us a stud (with some term) for this pick. AFter all, they didn't have a 1st last year thanks to the pronger deal, and then they dealt this year's first for Versteeg. AND to top it all off, they got swept in embarassing fashion by the bruins.

Carter is beginning to sound better and better to me. Wiercioch and the Nashville 1st? What would we have to add?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Michallica wrote:The trade proposals for the 21st overall pick can officiall¥ begin Smile

Carter is beginning to sound better and better to me. Wiercioch and the Nashville 1st? What would we have to add?
If you're referring to Carter you're dreaming. They'd ask for either Rundblad or karlsson PLUS our 1st not NSH's.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

If you're referring to Carter you're dreaming. They'd ask for either Rundblad or karlsson PLUS our 1st not NSH's.

Ha. I realized that PW and the Nash FRP wouldn't do it, but I wasn't sure what more they'd want. DR/EK + our FRP is nuts. Was nice to dream for a few mins. Laugh1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Ha. I realized that PW and the Nash FRP wouldn't do it, but I wasn't sure what more they'd want. DR/EK + our FRP is nuts. Was nice to dream for a few mins. Laugh1

:KKK:

It's a bit off for me to say this but I think it's the wrong season for us to make such a huge off season acquisition. We are too borderline to try and force things. Aquiring Carter would push us too close to making the playoffs. Not saying we can't make it without him but if we don't show up next season I'd rather we get another good set of picks. 2 years from now it's another story.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I agree Flo. I don't think Carter is the right guy at this time. Especially with all the term on his contract. There's no reason to try to rush anything at this point. One decent FA forward signing, and we'll be a'ight for the coming season.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

If they need to sign Bryz and fit him in, they may have no choice but to deal Carter. He is a playoff underachiever anyway.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, going by elimination:
Giroux and jVR: too good too cheap
Richards: Heart and soul
Briere: Playoff monster

They either let Leino go or they trade Carter/one of their D.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They are letting Leino go, he's asking for $4 million.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:They are letting Leino go, he's asking for $4 million.
As they should for that price. Not worth it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

If they need to sign Bryz and fit him in, they may have no choice but to deal Carter. He is a playoff underachiever anyway.
But someone will offer up more then what I'm comfortable with us losing. Minny comes to mind, CBJ also maybe even Colorado.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum