GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Draft day trades and moves predictions.

+15
Vandelay
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Riprock
dennycrane
spader
sandysensfan
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Calgary's gonna try to be active. I'd expect to see some deals in place waiting on NMC waives. They need to shake up that team something fierce. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple bodies moving out of Cow-town.
Calgary has to do something... But what? They've given NTC or NMC to most of their interesting players. They've handcuffed themselves to those contracts AND overpaid on many of them. Who's gonna want those? And what do you expect back from them if the players do waive?

There remains the possibility of buyout and sending Kotalik to Europe but that's it really.I doubt they receive picks by the draft.

Regehr might be the only one to receive interest (apart from Jerome who won't be available) and he'll have to waive also.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hey, Flo, the tourist deaths in Thailand may be linked to bed-bug pesticides:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2011/05/08/18120296.html

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Hey, Flo, the tourist deaths in Thailand may be linked to bed-bug pesticides:

Odd that they only found trace amounts of the pesticide though. They also didn't explain whether or not those trace amounts were enough to cause myocarditis only that that pesticide can cause myocarditis.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Hey, Flo, the tourist deaths in Thailand may be linked to bed-bug pesticides:

Odd that they only found trace amounts of the pesticide though. They also didn't explain whether or not those trace amounts were enough to cause myocarditis only that that pesticide can cause myocarditis.

Depends on where it was applied and how. Perhaps the sheets were laundered so there was only trace amounts left on the mattress.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of pesticides, is there anything I can still use in Ottawa to combat dandelions? My back is aching from pulling them yesterday. They are about the only thing that can stand up to the clover.
Facepalm

I need some contraband stuff.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Speaking of pesticides, is there anything I can still use in Ottawa to combat dandelions? My back is aching from pulling them yesterday. They are about the only thing that can stand up to the clover.
Facepalm

Pest Management Regulatory Agency will probably have helpful hints.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/pest/part/protect-proteger/use-utiliser/_lawn-pelouse/index-eng.php

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Speaking of pesticides, is there anything I can still use in Ottawa to combat dandelions? My back is aching from pulling them yesterday. They are about the only thing that can stand up to the clover.
Facepalm

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/pest/part/protect-proteger/use-utiliser/_lawn-pelouse/index-eng.php

There's a dep't for that?

How's that for a new government slogan, eh?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Facepalm

There's a dep't for that?

How's that for a new government slogan, eh?

It's an Agency under the Department of Health so on the same level as a Branch. It goes Department, Branch, Directorate. As for an Agency; I'm not sure of the hierarchy.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can see Carter being moved, absolutely. The emergence of JvR and Giroux makes Carter, and his huge term, expendable. Now, the question is, who's willing to gamble on that term?

As for Ottawa, I think we'd all like to see them move up, but the question remains, what would the asking price be? I'd say our 1st, 2nd, and maybe another prospect/lower pick. It's a lot, but for Landeskog, it's likely worth it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cheers for that. I'll look into it. I'll be in chiang Mai in a week so it's timely news.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:I can see Carter being moved, absolutely. The emergence of JvR and Giroux makes Carter, and his huge term, expendable. Now, the question is, who's willing to gamble on that term?

As for Ottawa, I think we'd all like to see them move up, but the question remains, what would the asking price be? I'd say our 1st, 2nd, and maybe another prospect/lower pick. It's a lot, but for Landeskog, it's likely worth it.

Right now the Sens draft 6th -- so to move up to 2nd or 3rd -- our 1st + our 2nd & a prospect is a lot to move up 4 spots or less.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I can see Carter being moved, absolutely. The emergence of JvR and Giroux makes Carter, and his huge term, expendable. Now, the question is, who's willing to gamble on that term?

Precisely why it will make him a hard piece to move.
You might get a gutsy GM go for it. Sathers comes to mind in those kinds of scenarios.
A team like minny could really use Carter but not at the expense of Backstrom.

I also bet we hear Burke linked to this in some way Laugh1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Don't know about Draft Day, but a dude on Dobber who is connected to a Flyers official says they will put Carter, Hartnell, and Richards on the trade block.

I'd give a lot from the Sens for Richards. Karlsson + if need be.

Dude, no way. I'm afraid you can't put a price on Karlsson. He'll be worth his weight in gold in a few years.

Plus we'll get our very own Richards at the draft when we move up for Landeskog at the draft. Sarcasm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

You might get a gutsy GM go for it. Sathers comes to mind in those kinds of scenarios.

Yeah, Carter is a Burke-style player. And we all know Toronto is the centre of the universe, so we'll likely hear a lot of chatter about Carter and the Leafs.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I predict trades AND moves on draft day.

Stay tuned.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, Carter is a Burke-style player. And we all know Toronto is the centre of the universe, so we'll likely hear a lot of chatter about Carter and the Leafs.

No he isn't, have you seen Carter play?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

After hearing Edmonton's head scout's opinion on Landeskog, I'll pass on that.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:

After hearing Edmonton's head scout's opinion on Landeskog, I'll pass on that.

what did the scout say? share...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum