GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens CHL Prospects from HF

+6
NEELY
garblar
Ev
spader
SensGirl11
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Sens CHL Prospects from HF - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens CHL Prospects from HF Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:18 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
All you have is that video basically...we know nothing else about him other than hearsay. I do not want to overhype prospects. Videos don't show their negatives and don't show their bad skating.

Arron Asham was a ridiculous goal scorer in junior as well. Now he's a 3rd line role player.

Also, in the playoffs, i.e crunch time, Stone scored 3 goals in 33 games.

He's advancing through the ranks of prospects for us though, he might never set foot in the NHL, but right now he's got to be in the top 20 or even top 15 prospects for Ottawa with a HUGE summer coming up for him to work on his skating. I agree, we shouldn't overhype the prospects, but this is a tremendous achievement already for Stone who as just picked as a 6th rounder. I don't see him falling off the tracks, I can see him being a good pro - it's whether he can work on his skating enough to make the NHL - which is a big question right now.

32Sens CHL Prospects from HF - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens CHL Prospects from HF Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:01 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Gems come out of nowhere sometimes, Jamie Benn is a 6th rounder I think, so why not? In the last 7 years it never happened to Ottawa, might be our time this time.

33Sens CHL Prospects from HF - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens CHL Prospects from HF Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:03 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Gems come out of nowhere sometimes, Jamie Benn is a 6th rounder I think, so why not? In the last 7 years it never happened to Ottawa, might be our time this time.

Yeah exactly. It can happen at any time to any team, why not us?

34Sens CHL Prospects from HF - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens CHL Prospects from HF Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:14 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Gems come out of nowhere sometimes, Jamie Benn is a 6th rounder I think, so why not? In the last 7 years it never happened to Ottawa, might be our time this time.

I'm pretty happy with a couple of 7th rounders that look like they've played themselves onto the big club. If Condra and Greening continue playing the way they did this year, they'll qualify as "gems out of nowhere."

35Sens CHL Prospects from HF - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens CHL Prospects from HF Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:19 pm

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:

Alfie was a 6th rounder( Benn was 5th). Hopefully he will be joined by other later rounder Sens picks who achieve greatness.

36Sens CHL Prospects from HF - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens CHL Prospects from HF Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jawal wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Alfie was a 6th rounder( Benn was 5th). Hopefully he will be joined by other later rounder Sens picks who achieve greatness.

I'll settle for 'really good', but I know what you mean. Wink

37Sens CHL Prospects from HF - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens CHL Prospects from HF Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:50 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

http://whl.ca/schedule/show/game/58569

Laugh1

38Sens CHL Prospects from HF - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens CHL Prospects from HF Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:42 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That's sad. The Chiefs win 8-3 and Cowen finishes with 1 assist and a +/- of 0

39Sens CHL Prospects from HF - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens CHL Prospects from HF Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:That's sad. The Chiefs win 8-3 and Cowen finishes with 1 assist and a +/- of 0

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed. Laugh1 Cowen's such a force apparently, it's not even funny. It's great to hear.

40Sens CHL Prospects from HF - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens CHL Prospects from HF Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:19 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Check the penalties

41Sens CHL Prospects from HF - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens CHL Prospects from HF Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:52 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, they don't like each other at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum