GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Plasma TV

+11
TheAvatar
The Silfer Server
wprager
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Ev
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 16]

31New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

I'm still rocking the humongous cabinet 65" CRT HDTV rear projection. Still going strong.

32New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:18 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PLASMA FTW!!!

33New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:13 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Plasma's are unquestionably the best TVs, but after Panasonic stops making them next year, they are finished.

34New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:41 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:But if you game and watch Blu-Ray, it's worth it (not the 4k I mean)
I've been shopping TVs as well, but unfortunately can't go Plasma since the room i am putting it in is all windows to the left of it. Because I game, I don't want any glare.

I would recommend holding off 2 weeks though and buying it at Best Buy or FutureShop. I love Costco, seriously have a weird obsession with that place, but the other two have price match, and while Black Friday deals in Canada aren't as great as in the States, we are beginning to have them. The other thing is it allows you to price match for up to 30 days after, and 30 days after includes Boxing Day. So if the TV wasn't on sale Black Friday/weekend, then you could still get lucky on the Boxing Day sales.

35New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:17 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You can get Plamsas with low glare, but you're gonna pay. The top end Panny's do a good job.

36New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:46 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Silfer Server wrote:
I've been shopping TVs as well, but unfortunately can't go Plasma since the room i am putting it in is all windows to the left of it. Because I game, I don't want any glare.

I would recommend holding off 2 weeks though and buying it at Best Buy or FutureShop. I love Costco, seriously have a weird obsession with that place, but the other two have price match, and while Black Friday deals in Canada aren't as great as in the States, we are beginning to have them. The other thing is it allows you to price match for up to 30 days after, and 30 days after includes Boxing Day. So if the TV wasn't on sale Black Friday/weekend, then you could still get lucky on the Boxing Day sales.
I agree, but this particular model I'm interested is only available at Costco. It's a special edition model for wholesale clubs.

37New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:56 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:
The Silfer Server wrote:

I agree, but this particular model I'm interested is only available at Costco. It's a special edition model for wholesale clubs.
Double check the specs, often the Costco specific ones have a reduced set of features. Make sure it's not missing something you were expecting.

The 2-year support/service from Costco is sweet, and they'll replace it if anything goes wrong.

38New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:59 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Ev wrote:
The Silfer Server wrote:

Double check the specs, often the Costco specific ones have a reduced set of features. Make sure it's not missing something you were expecting.

The 2-year support/service from Costco is sweet, and they'll replace it if anything goes wrong.
I've done my research Smile. This model is the exact same as one carried by every other store, except it has an Anti Reflective filter to combat the glare issues. This is $785.99 at costco compared to $799 every else for the lesser model.

Here's an article about it:

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p50s64/4505-6482_7-35831110.html

39New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:02 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Make it so.

40New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Loving this TV so Fae. Apparently they get better with age as well?

41New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:29 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Loving this TV so Fae. Apparently they get better with age as well?
Yeah, you get old and your eyes stop seeing the flaws

42New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:34 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lol I dont see flaws though. I just need my PS4 now.

One paycheck gone in 24 hours. Like Igive a Diddle

43New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:45 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Lol I dont see flaws though. I just need my PS4 now.

One paycheck gone in 24 hours. Like Igive a Diddle
At your age I also sent my paycheques to buy my TV, ps3, guitars, book collections etc. Good job Cheers 

44New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:43 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The good old days of disposable income...

45New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:11 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:The good old days of disposable income...
New Plasma TV - Page 3 Sad-baby-o

46New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:22 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Keep watching this thread for live updates from the Cornwall Santa Claus parade.

47New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:27 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The front of the parade is about 300m away folks. Stay tuned!

48New Plasma TV - Page 3 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

C. F. D. Engine #1 kicks things off nicely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum