GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Future of....Bryan Murray & Cory Clouston

+16
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
asq2
Tuk Tuk
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
ddt
dennycrane
jawal
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Ev
NEELY
SensHulk
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

He was crazy great, but the system was amazing. Just like Montreal's system last year.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
Like I said, how many trades does Holland do? Not a lot. The organization just develops players well and they have an awesome coach, that's it.

Not all of Holland's moves have panned out either.

He let Leino go for almost nothing (cap reasons)
Signing Nabakov didn't work
I don't think Modano has worked out all that well\

Murray made trades because we had no other choices. I'm willing to bet Murray's successor takes a lot of credit for Murray's moves.

My biggest concern with letting BM go is the Sens have a good operation going (supposedly hiring more scouts) and putting in an outsider GM may cause a few people to leave.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Like I said if he's retained in some advisory whatever role that would be great. Just to ensure the replacement doesn't start trading away the prospects.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

ddt wrote:
marakh wrote:Like I said, how many trades does Holland do? Not a lot. The organization just develops players well and they have an awesome coach, that's it.

Well, the awesome coach part kinda worries me right now... Laugh1

Murray was the one that found that awesome coach in Detroit, remember that.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the correct changes have been made already. No need to can Murray or Clouston at this point.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I'm not sure if we should let Clouston go at this point. Unless there's a good coach looking for work, or someone new we just can't pass up(someone like Forsberg), then it just sends the wrong message letting the team get away with another coach killing.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tuk Tuk wrote:I'm not sure if we should let Clouston go at this point. Unless there's a good coach looking for work, or someone new we just can't pass up(someone like Forsberg), then it just sends the wrong message letting the team get away with another coach killing.

It wouldn't be another coach killing, it would just be the end of his contract. He doesn't deserve another one, so it wouldn't be the team's fault. There's literally no chance he's back, IMO.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think the correct changes have been made already. No need to can Murray or Clouston at this point.

Nobody's talking about canning them. So much fluff.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think the correct changes have been made already. No need to can Murray or Clouston at this point.

Still really hard to say though, but you might be right. From a personal perspective, I really loved what Clouston did and he probably deserves another chance, but he got really badly outcoached in the Pens series, then throughout most of this year. Is that because of Fisher, Kovalev etc, or did he take a big step back? Also, does he have the personaility to coddle some of the young kids if they have issues, like KK in Bingo?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yeah, I don't think Clouston will be back, not sure how you justify keeping the coach that lead his team to a last overall finish. I don't think Clouston is a bad coach or even to blame, but going forward you have to start fresh and that includes a new coach.

Should Murray be allowed to hire another coach? That's a debatable point to be sure but there needs to be a fresh face with a very positive attitude, which Clouston doesn't have. They need a teacher that can coach through some real tough days and games and keep things positive. TR in Edmonton is a good example of that.

Maybe Muller is the guy, maybe MacT, maybe Cunneyworth, who knows but they need a fresh face and a true teacher.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I just want a coach who is personable like Dan Bylsma, a guy who lets the players have fun and creates a fantastic team culture. It didn't seem like Ottawa players had a tun of fun, even when they were winning last year. Kirk Muller seems like this type of guy. Maybe Dave Cameron too.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:I just want a coach who is personable like Dan Bylsma, a guy who lets the players have fun and creates a fantastic team culture. It didn't seem like Ottawa players had a tun of fun, even when they were winning last year. Kirk Muller seems like this type of guy. Maybe Dave Cameron too.

He also has Crosby has his captain, makes it a lot easier to coach. A guy like Tippet or Trotz is the guy that should be brought in.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I just want a coach who is personable like Dan Bylsma, a guy who lets the players have fun and creates a fantastic team culture. It didn't seem like Ottawa players had a tun of fun, even when they were winning last year. Kirk Muller seems like this type of guy. Maybe Dave Cameron too.

He also has Crosby has his captain, makes it a lot easier to coach. A guy like Tippet or Trotz is the guy that should be brought in.

Sure, but they wouldn't be as good consistently without Bylsma, IMO. Just look how they are playing without their Top 2 stars for the past 2 months. He is a respected former player, and he is a younger coach so they relate to him more. They grew tired of Therrien who always threw his players under the bus and didn't create a solid atmosphere around the team.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'm not saying Bylsma isn't a good coach or a guy that's success is based off Crosby, I am saying he really isn't a teacher and is more of raw raw type coach... that's not something The Sens need going forward just as much as they don't need someone who is always jumping down their throats.

If he wasn't already in Montreal, I would say the perfect guy would be Martin,

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

My vote is definitely for Muller.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You're talking about the Bingo coach to a T.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Camerson strikes me as a hard Donkey. I like the Muller and Mac T suggestions, tho'.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yeah, I would be all over Muller if it was my choice to be sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum