GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Should The Senators Do With Cory Clouston

+7
SensHulk
shabbs
NEELY
wprager
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
Tuk Tuk
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should Clouston be Resigned?

What Should The Senators Do With Cory Clouston  Vote_lcap250%What Should The Senators Do With Cory Clouston  Vote_rcap2 50% [ 5 ]
What Should The Senators Do With Cory Clouston  Vote_lcap20%What Should The Senators Do With Cory Clouston  Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
What Should The Senators Do With Cory Clouston  Vote_lcap240%What Should The Senators Do With Cory Clouston  Vote_rcap2 40% [ 4 ]
What Should The Senators Do With Cory Clouston  Vote_lcap210%What Should The Senators Do With Cory Clouston  Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
What Should The Senators Do With Cory Clouston  Vote_lcap20%What Should The Senators Do With Cory Clouston  Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Does Clouston deserve another shot, or is it time to move on? If we do resign him, does he get a one year contract, or will a multiple year contract be better for the team? And if we do bring in another coach, where do we get him from?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah. I'm gonna go ahead and say "All hail Dave Mustaine."

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i know the recent opinion amongst posters here have been to keep clouston in the fold but i'm going to say that we should aim at another coach. it was suggested muller and i'm not sure he's the best bet i think i'd rather have him then clouston.
part of my reason is that it was reported that more then a few players weren't pleased with CC's methods this year. if he's the type of player to a make enemies in the dressing rooms then it's not good for chemistry.

i don't expect a players coach or someone the players can play like a puppet but i cetainly don't want someone resembling Hitchcock.

lots of good coaches have come out of the montreal organization i'd be willing to give muller the chance. maybe someone else. keeping CC might be sending mixed messages.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Where was any of that "reported", though? Did we see quotes from Fisher, Kelly or Campoli? Kovalev, for sure, was not happy with Clouston. He sucked and Clouston demoted him. Was there really any more to it than that? Would you want a coach who would not be willing to do a move like that? I'm still not sure why he sat Ruutu out all those games but, really, the guy was not producing points all season, he was not drawing penalties, and he was taking quite a few. Perhaps, with the team in a sell-off mood he should have given him some top-six minutes to, possibly, get a better deal in a trade, but would that really fool any GM? Perhaps the ice time was better spent on Butler.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think you have to see what you have. The grass is not always greener on the other side and perhaps Clouston is the guy that can help develop the players in the organization.

I have been impressed with how most of the young guys if not all of them have been playing over the last 3, 4 months and how Clouston has turned Lee into a top 4 D man and Karlsson into an all-star. Just like this bad season happened under his watch so have all of the good things that have came out of it.

Lee, Karlsson, Butler, Condra, Greening, they have all been given the chance by Clouston to go out there and earn their spots as of right now. You look at a guy like Regin and this leaves little doubt that Regin was not doing the things needed to be successful, pretty telling when Condra has already put up more goals than him in a month vs 4 months.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Where was any of that "reported", though?
CockRoche... the only time I've seen it mentioned...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:i know the recent opinion amongst posters here have been to keep clouston in the fold but i'm going to say that we should aim at another coach. it was suggested muller and i'm not sure he's the best bet i think i'd rather have him then clouston.
part of my reason is that it was reported that more then a few players weren't pleased with CC's methods this year. if he's the type of player to a make enemies in the dressing rooms then it's not good for chemistry.

i don't expect a players coach or someone the players can play like a puppet but i cetainly don't want someone resembling Hitchcock.

lots of good coaches have come out of the montreal organization i'd be willing to give muller the chance. maybe someone else. keeping CC might be sending mixed messages.

I would say the signal being sent to the players, fan, owner, who ever is pretty clear. We are going younger, we are going to work hard, and you will see their best effort night in and night out. Clouston has a fresh group to work with along with 4 or 5 seasoned vets to take care of things on and off the ice when the coach isnt wanted or needed. Add in a true number 1 goaltender and complete control of that locker room again, things may work out for Clouston.

The important thing going forward is the development of the youth, winning games is a distant 2nd. Clouston has proven he knows how to develop these players, he is extremely tough on these young guys but he always gives them a chance to get back into the lineup and show their worth.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:

It wasn't reported at all, anywhere at anytime.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I've never posted this before because it's hearsay, but I was told that of the players who were dealt personally asked Murray to fire Clouston.

Prior to even being told that, I had my theories about certain players and they seem to be in line with what we've seen happen since those trades.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Kovalev and Ruutu basically went public with their crying and they were UFA's, not really a shock there.

Since i brought his name up earlier, the guy with a lot of question marks is Regin. If Ottawa drafts RNH or Strome come June 24th, does Regin even have a spot in Ottawa anymore?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Kovalev and Ruutu basically went public with their crying and they were UFA's, not really a shock there.

Since i brought his name up earlier, the guy with a lot of question marks is Regin. If Ottawa drafts RNH or Strome come June 24th, does Regin even have a spot in Ottawa anymore?

As much as it pains me, there a less and less slots to fill. Even if he plays LW.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:

It wasn't reported at all, anywhere at anytime.
That was my point...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:Kovalev and Ruutu basically went public with their crying and they were UFA's, not really a shock there.

As much as it pains me, there a less and less slots to fill. Even if he plays LW.

I honestly can't stand Regin as an NHLer at this point. This year he soured on me to the point where I actually don't think he makes The Sens out of camp next year, if they draft RNH or Strome, he doesn't even have a spot.

The fact a kid that has proven nothing came into camp not ready to play, then went into the regular season not ready to work, and then gets injured (not his fault) and can't finish off the season just leads me to believe he was a flash in the pan for about a week in April in 2010. Maybe he fits on one of the wings somewhere but even then nothing is guaranteed. Players are already breathing down Regin's neck, literally if he has a bad camp or in the regular season, ONE bad game, someone will be there to take his spot.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Also, just so I am clear on who will be breathing down Regin's neck, it will be Wick or if he comes over, Silfverberg.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Given his play relative to Butler, Condra, Greening, Smith -- he does not have a spot now. He needs to work out like a fiend, gain 5-10 lbs, upperbody strength, leg strength, core strength -- in short, everything -- and then come into camp and beat out the players mentioned above. With Alfie and Michalek back, plus a top-3 pick, there will be fewer spots in the lineup. And Regin won't be able to work out for 2-3 months, and no on-ice conditioning for even longer than that. Doesn't look good for Regin at all. The only "ace" up his sleeve is his one-way contract.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum