GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+20
Flo The Action
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
ddt
Number Twenty Nine
SDH89
Ev
The Silfer Server
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
spader
Hoags
strachattack
dennycrane
Hockeyhero22000
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
NEELY
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ddt wrote:
hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Laperierre to the Canucks.

I thought he was was on LTIR???????????

He meant Lapierre.

Oops, my mistake.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Well, good 2 1/2 weeks by Murray. He did exactly what needed to be done, has a ton of draft picks to work with, and made sure the best interest of the organization, both Ottawa and Bingo, was served.

Lehner down to Bingo is a great move that is going to go over looked today. Be interesting to see if they sign Mac and Anderson going forward.

ddt wrote:
hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Laperierre to the Canucks.

I thought he was was on LTIR???????????

He meant Lapierre.
Oh, haahaha. Slight difference.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Well, good 2 1/2 weeks by Murray. He did exactly what needed to be done, has a ton of draft picks to work with, and made sure the best interest of the organization, both Ottawa and Bingo, was served.

Lehner down to Bingo is a great move that is going to go over looked today. Be interesting to see if they sign Mac and Anderson going forward.

Doubt they sign Macelleny or whatever his name is. You can find a vet. backup for Anderson in the summer that's better IMO.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Well, good 2 1/2 weeks by Murray. He did exactly what needed to be done, has a ton of draft picks to work with, and made sure the best interest of the organization, both Ottawa and Bingo, was served.

Agreed. I'd bet that they'll sign Anderson, or at least try hard to get him signed (he's been fairly non-committal when asked whether he'll be here next year). I don't imagine they'll re-sign McElhinney, but you never know. There are other decent backup options. He's not great.

All in all, a great 2 1/2 weeks, as you said. I'd be pretty pleased if I was him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
Agreed. I'd bet that they'll sign Anderson, or at least try hard to get him signed (he's been fairly non-committal when asked whether he'll be here next year). I don't imagine they'll re-sign McElhinney, but you never know. There are other decent backup options. He's not great.

All in all, a great 2 1/2 weeks, as you said. I'd be pretty pleased if I was him.

Haha, we must have said the same thing about Mcelheminny at the same time. He's okay, but with Anderson - if we're going ahead with that - needs to have a backup who can play 20 games IMO. Not sure if MacEl is the best option (I'm sure he's not actually).

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

Haha, we must have said the same thing about Mcelheminny at the same time. He's okay, but with Anderson - if we're going ahead with that - needs to have a backup who can play 20 games IMO. Not sure if MacEl is the best option (I'm sure he's not actually).

Ya. McElhinney is a reasonable plug for now, but probably not an option going forward. There will be plenty of backup options.

EDIT: echoing your comments from earlier, I'd love to see us sign Conklin next year to a reasonable contract.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

We can play McElhinney for a guaranteed loss near the end of the season if we need to tweak our draft position Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
Ya. McElhinney is a reasonable plug for now, but probably not an option going forward. There will be plenty of backup options.

EDIT: echoing your comments from earlier, I'd love to see us sign Conklin next year to a reasonable contract.

I thought we should have paid the extra 200K to pluck him off waivers and see how he does the rest of the year, but he's a well known commodity. A great back-up who'll give you .908+ numbers. That's all you need as a back-up IMO, 1 year, 1 million is the Sens' offer (I hope).

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

I thought we should have paid the extra 200K to pluck him off waivers and see how he does the rest of the year, but he's a well known commodity. A great back-up who'll give you .908+ numbers. That's all you need as a back-up IMO, 1 year, 1 million is the Sens' offer (I hope).

Ya. I was thinking the same. Maybe even 2 years. Give Lehner time to develop nice and slowly.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
NEELY wrote:I thought he would be dealt based on what was said on HNIC. Has nothing to do with calling the exact trade and peices today though.

Still, not much of a stretch. It was widely known of the Kings interest in Penner, as well as their willingness to part with their 1st. You make it sound like you called the Stewart-EJ deal piece for piece.

Or the Heatley for Michalek / Cheechoo deal. Which someone else here called piece for piece. (OK, I thought it would be a 1st instead of a 2nd, but still...).

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I was expecting us to grab Conkin but I guess they really are trying to save every penny this year.

rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:
NEELY wrote:I thought he would be dealt based on what was said on HNIC. Has nothing to do with calling the exact trade and peices today though.

Still, not much of a stretch. It was widely known of the Kings interest in Penner, as well as their willingness to part with their 1st. You make it sound like you called the Stewart-EJ deal piece for piece.

Or the Heatley for Michalek / Cheechoo deal. Which someone else here called piece for piece. (OK, I thought it would be a 1st instead of a 2nd, but still...).

Props where they are due. Michalek's name didn't even enter the conversation until very late IIRC.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:Ya. I was thinking the same. Maybe even 2 years. Give Lehner time to develop nice and slowly.

Oh yeah...this year's almost a write-off for him - although he got some nice experience. Coach KK said it's gonna be REALLY tough for Lehner to take playing time away from Brust down the stretch and I think that has to be respected.

So next year, hopefully we tandem Brust/Lehner, or better yet, sign Brust and make him backup in Ottawa if he passes the assessment tests by our organization, then Lehner can take the starting job in Bingo. 2 years...maybe even 3 of conditioning remembering that he's only 19.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I can't believe Bonanza hasn't been traded yet. I would have taken a 7th rounder!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:I was expecting us to grab Conkin but I guess they really are trying to save every penny this year.

Cheap bastards.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I was expecting us to grab Conkin but I guess they really are trying to save every penny this year.

I was saying for months that the Sens would probably pick up a Conklin type so where does that leave us? Vertigo

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bobby Mac lays the smack down on NHLSourcesSay:

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works! - Page 10 Bobbymac

Epic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum