GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twitter it up at GMHockey

+2
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:35 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Somebody joined recently and promised an Iphone App for viewing GMHockey but I don't know the guy from a hole in the wall and it's been a while and no further contact unfortunately.

Any ideas on how to get such a thing off the ground? What about a GMHockey client for Blackberry? Thoughts tech savy people?
It would probably be better served to see if Forumotion had a mobile friendly layout that users could select when browsing with a mobile device. Creating a client just to browse GMHockey's forum seems like a lot of effort for a single function.

32Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:53 am

22_4_ever

Sophomore
Sophomore

Setting up a twitter account now...if there is anything you want me to twitter while at the game I'll learn how and start to do it....

33Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:54 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

22_4_ever wrote:Setting up a twitter account now...if there is anything you want me to twitter while at the game I'll learn how and start to do it....

Believe me, there's nothing to it. You have 140 characters to tweet with. You just...type what you want, when you want. That's the beauty of it.

34Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:55 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Twitter whatever you would like to tweet. If you think there's some suggestions that you'd like Sens management to know about it's probably a good place to write that stuff.

If you want a united GMHockey voice to tweet it then post it in here and we'll put it up if it's something we feel should go up there.

35Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:49 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

I thought I'd tweet some stuff happening at the game...empty seats, atmosphere specific things about new players...Ie tonight how Condra, Keller, O'Brien are playing.

Most of those guys you only see for brief seconds on TV but at the game I can watch them specifically.

36Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:54 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

22_4_ever wrote:I thought I'd tweet some stuff happening at the game...empty seats, atmosphere specific things about new players...Ie tonight how Condra, Keller, O'Brien are playing.

Most of those guys you only see for brief seconds on TV but at the game I can watch them specifically.
That would be sweet.

37Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

22_4_ever wrote:I thought I'd tweet some stuff happening at the game...empty seats, atmosphere specific things about new players...Ie tonight how Condra, Keller, O'Brien are playing.

Yeah, exactly that kind of thing is great.

38Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:SpezDispenser is my name on Twitter as well. Follow along! I'm currently following Dash, SG11 and Spader.

No love for MrMontagoose?

Who's MrMontagoose? I don't just follow GMHockey - I favourite it. Ahhhhh!

Re-read the first post.

39Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:SpezDispenser is my name on Twitter as well. Follow along! I'm currently following Dash, SG11 and Spader.

No love for MrMontagoose?

Maybe because you need to update your account to SIRMontagoose?

Believe me, I've thought about it. I don't think you can do that, though, not without creating a new account.

40Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:A BlackBerry + Twitter Client = awesomeness.

Info on the go no matter where you are.

I'd bet the client is cheap/free, but the blackberry and the monthly plan are a little less so.

41Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:Setting up a twitter account now...if there is anything you want me to twitter while at the game I'll learn how and start to do it....

Believe me, there's nothing to it. You have 140 characters to tweet with. You just...type what you want, when you want. That's the beauty of it.

Don't forget to add a # character before searchable keywords. Whatever you think would be keywords people would use in a search if they wanted to find information you were tweeting.

42Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Don't forget to add a # character before searchable keywords. Whatever you think would be keywords people would use in a search if they wanted to find information you were tweeting.

True, I just learned that.

43Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:40 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

True, I just learned that.

Just going through the Help for Noobies page now...need to understand the # and @ references. I guess I've been confused when reading Bob Mackenzies twitters...he tweets messages to people obviously in response to stuff, but I can't see what the original post was for reference.

I think I'll stick to what the crowd is like, stuff happening during the game. How players are playing.

Stuff like that and go from there

44Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:01 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:A BlackBerry + Twitter Client = awesomeness.

Info on the go no matter where you are.

I'd bet the client is cheap/free, but the blackberry and the monthly plan are a little less so.
You'd bet right.

45Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:53 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Ok....I'm on Twitter...i'm sure my wife and family will be so proud of me.

If anyone cares to follow, then I'm 22_4_ever

twitter.com/22_4_ever

Also if you let me know who you are I'll watch for tweets during the game and when possible (ie when I'm there and not being hounded by my wife, will look to answer game specific questions). For example, I haven't seen Kuba in a while is he injured..
To which my response hopefully is...nope...he's sitting where Elliott/Lehner normally does and they are sitting at the end of the bench with the d-men. hopefully he's benched permanently...

46Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can't find any 22_4_ever. Just follow me on Twitter and I'll find you that way.

47Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:18 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:Can't find any 22_4_ever. Just follow me on Twitter and I'll find you that way.

don't ask me...I'm new to all this...if I put twitter.com/22_4_ever in my browser I see my page.

I just found and "followed" you...could it be a security thing? I've checked and don't see a setting restricting people from finding me, but who knows...

48Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:28 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Can't find any 22_4_ever. Just follow me on Twitter and I'll find you that way.
He's right here: http://twitter.com/22_4_ever

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum