GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twitter it up at GMHockey

+2
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Twitter it up at GMHockey Empty Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:33 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey all,

As some of you know and probably most of you don't; GMHockey.com has a twitter account and after hearing about what an impact simple tweets can have I thought I'd throw it out to the GMHockey posting members to make suggestions in here of what they'd like put out in the twitter world.

For example, did you have a terrible experience at Scotia Bank Place? Did an Usher give you an unwarranted hard time? Did you get stuck in the parking lot even with their so called "improved egress"? Do you disagree with Lemieux or agree with him? Do you think a new score board or cheer leaders will improve SBP? How about the bottoms up beer dispenser? Should Melnyk shell out money for it to increase consumption or is it risking more drunk drivers?

2Twitter it up at GMHockey Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:35 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, become a follower as well as a GMHockey member and we can affect change for the better. There are plenty of stories in the Customer service industry of angry customers tweeting about their experience and ending up getting results from the offending company.

3Twitter it up at GMHockey Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:38 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It wouldn't hurt to let me know which topic posts you'd like linked to twitter as well. This will require a lot of participation for this to work. If we only get a handful of posters making suggestions then it won't be a true enough picture of what you guys want.

So for all you members that never post or never log in now is your time to have your say. Dig up your old email and login and post in here.

Thanks,

Clutch

4Twitter it up at GMHockey Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:42 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You could make sure GMHockey is following all members on twitter here.

5Twitter it up at GMHockey Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:You could make sure GMHockey is following all members on twitter here.

How do you do that?

6Twitter it up at GMHockey Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:12 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I suppose we create a list of all members here who have their own accounts on Twitter, then the GMHockey admin will follow them all, so that they can retweet and direct message.... just basically recreate the community we have here on Twitter and that should also strengthen GMHockey's presence on Twitter and social Networking.

What about creating a GMHockey page on Facebook? I have seen the Montagoose one, but I think GMHockey should have its own. Twitter and Facebook work closely hand in hand.

I will start the list...

@stevedash84 (Dash)
@spader_mac (Spader)
@SpezDispenser
@Big_Ev (BigEv)
@SenatorsGirl11 (SensGirl11)
@MrMontagoose (wprager)

7Twitter it up at GMHockey Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:13 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You can also create a "list" on Twitter to sort who you follow... so you can create a list "GMHockey" and add all the members there, so you can easily filter your tweets.

8Twitter it up at GMHockey Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:18 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs - HELP PLEASE!! Can you do these suggestions made by Dash for me?

9Twitter it up at GMHockey Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:20 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A facebook page for GMHockey.com sounds great in theory but it's another site to maintain. Is there a way to have it auto-populate with relevant site info or does it require constant updating? I only have so much time to devote to this.

10Twitter it up at GMHockey Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:21 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For example: could I put the main part of the facebook page link to the latest topics list?

11Twitter it up at GMHockey Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:25 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:A facebook page for GMHockey.com sounds great in theory but it's another site to maintain. Is there a way to have it auto-populate with relevant site info or does it require constant updating? I only have so much time to devote to this.

You can have admins to help update it. All you need to do really is set it up, or I can even volunteer to get it off the ground for you.

12Twitter it up at GMHockey Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:34 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:shabbs - HELP PLEASE!! Can you do these suggestions made by Dash for me?
Done! Changes made to Twitter, and I also followed the NHL_Sens/pressbox list as it has a good amount of Sens info.

List is here: http://twitter.com/#/list/GMHockey/gmhockey

Man, that new Twitter interface sucks Donkey.

13Twitter it up at GMHockey Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:41 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Ok, so I'm going to admit that this is one thing about the new technology that has me lost. I get the whole instant message thing, what I don't know is how to twitter or whether anyone can.

I'm a season ticket holder and as a result I'm at all the games (minus about 10 a year which I give away). If someone can explain the benefit of twitter, or what if anything they'd want twittered (is that a verb?) from the game/arena in person then I'd gladly volunteer to twitter.

Just need to know how I can twitter to the gmhockey account, or do I just twitter to my own and it automatically replicates?

Now if you'll excuse me, I finally feel old.

14Twitter it up at GMHockey Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:45 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hey 22;

Anyone can Twitter... you just need to register... just need an email and a unique username... and that is it...

Then once you are set up you can start searching for people to "follow" (subscribe to their 'tweets') and as well people can "follow" you.

You can set your privacy too, so that only people you allow to follow you can seer your messages.

You can also set up Twitter on your mobile phone.

15Twitter it up at GMHockey Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:06 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So RooneyPoo has been traded to the Leafs, eh?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum