GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GMhockey Trivia

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GMhockey Trivia Empty GMhockey Trivia Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:37 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Thought it might be fun to do a trivia of all that is "pro" hockey. I'll start with a trivia question and once it is answered, the person who answered correctly will then post a question of their own, and so on.

Ryan Ellis, Pat Falloon and Trevor Linden all have something in common that nobody else shares. What is it?

2GMhockey Trivia Empty Re: GMhockey Trivia Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:38 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They all have the same father? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

3GMhockey Trivia Empty Re: GMhockey Trivia Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:53 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Nope.

4GMhockey Trivia Empty Re: GMhockey Trivia Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:02 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Thought it might be fun to do a trivia of all that is "pro" hockey. I'll start with a trivia question and once it is answered, the person who answered correctly will then post a question of their own, and so on.

Ryan Ellis, Pat Falloon and Trevor Linden all have something in common that nobody else shares. What is it?

They've all won Memorial Cups and gold at the world juniors??? I'm not exactly sure. Unless they all played for the same time through out the years or something like that.

5GMhockey Trivia Empty Re: GMhockey Trivia Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:07 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've got it. They all have a total of four vowels in there names (First and last combined)

- Unknown Author

6GMhockey Trivia Empty Re: GMhockey Trivia Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:10 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
Dash wrote:Thought it might be fun to do a trivia of all that is "pro" hockey. I'll start with a trivia question and once it is answered, the person who answered correctly will then post a question of their own, and so on.

They've all won Memorial Cups and gold at the world juniors??? I'm not exactly sure. Unless they all played for the same time through out the years or something like that.

You are 2/3 the way there. They also share one other thing in common. Hint: No Canadian WJ will be able to accomplish it this June.

7GMhockey Trivia Empty Re: GMhockey Trivia Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:15 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:
PKC wrote:

You are 2/3 the way there. They also share one other thing in common. Hint: No Canadian WJ will be able to accomplish it this June.

I'm assuming you're talking about winning a gold medal. Were they all part of record setting teams?

8GMhockey Trivia Empty Re: GMhockey Trivia Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:19 am

A Stanley Cup. What else is in June?

9GMhockey Trivia Empty Re: GMhockey Trivia Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:20 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:They all have the same father? Sarcasm

Who? Shawn Kemp?

10GMhockey Trivia Empty Re: GMhockey Trivia Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:21 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I've got it. They all have a total of four vowels in there names (First and last combined)

Ryan Ellis only has 3 vowels. Y is just a poser.

11GMhockey Trivia Empty Re: GMhockey Trivia Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:22 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I've got it. They all have a total of four vowels in there names (First and last combined)

Ryan Ellis only has 3 vowels. Y is just a poser.

Sometimes still counts. Razz

- Unknown Author

12GMhockey Trivia Empty Re: GMhockey Trivia Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:32 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:A Stanley Cup. What else is in June?

The draft is in June I believe. But I'm not sure what the relation is unless they were all taken with the exact same pick in the draft like 8th overall or something.

13GMhockey Trivia Empty Re: GMhockey Trivia Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:48 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I will give this one to PKC. The answer is:

All three belong to an elite class of players who have won the Memorial Cup, a World Junior Championship and were all drafted in the first round of the NHL draft, all in the same year.

14GMhockey Trivia Empty Re: GMhockey Trivia Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:16 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I will give this one to PKC. The answer is:

All three belong to an elite class of players who have won the Memorial Cup, a World Junior Championship and were all drafted in the first round of the NHL draft, all in the same year.

That's pretty unique when you think about it. You'd think surely with the domination of our world junior program the last 5 years and the fact that so many dominant Canadian players have played in the juniors and in the CHL, it's almost hard to believe that only those three have that distinction.

Nice trivia question dash.

15GMhockey Trivia Empty Re: GMhockey Trivia Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:07 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I read it in Prospects magazine, thought it was cool.

Cam Fowler might be the next person to do it, should they repeat as Memorial Cup champions.

You've got the honours to post the next trivia whenever you get around to it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum