GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+33
jawal
SDH89
Oglethorpe
Hoags
asq2
stepchild
Vandelay
SensFan71
ddt
rooneypoo
22_4_ever
SensGirl11
sandysensfan
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
stempniaksen
Straight Shooter
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
wprager
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Riprock
strachattack
spader
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
CockRoche
37 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

16Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:44 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What's Tampa gonna do in all this? Beachemin, Phillips, Klesla?

17Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:56 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Sens have done some dealing with Tampa, let's send them Kuba back Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 159628

I really hope that Phillips creates a bidding war. I think Burke's going to set the price for his guys too high which should mean Ottawa's going to receive a lot more calls. Burke will be asking for his 1st round pick from Boston lol, but so too should the Sens.

18Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:59 am

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

I will do the dance of joy - naked - on YouTube if we get a 1st for Phillips

19Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:If Pittsburgh picks up Arnott that makes sense. They need a C, and he is a veteran UFA - they don't want money on the books next season. Kovalev could be a possibility too, since they have the space to add both. But it all comes down to having pieces available to get both players.

Ottawa would take a piece of Dung for Kovalev, I'm betting. Not a metaphor for a bad player, an actual piece of Dung.

20Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:I will do the dance of joy - naked - on YouTube if we get a 1st for Phillips

You've got to up it a bit; Hemlock raised the bar when he said he'd drink a cup of his own urine.

21Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:42 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I'm not touching that one ... Wink

22Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:30 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I will do the dance of joy - naked - on YouTube if we get a 1st for Phillips

You've got to up it a bit; Hemlock raised the bar when he said he'd drink a cup of his own urine.
Sounds like we need a "What would you do if we got a 1st rounder for BigRig" thread to capture all these details... just in case...

23Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:28 pm

wprager wrote:

Not about Phillips though, mine was in reference to Kuba though. I still stand by that. I'll drink a warm, fresh glass o' urine if Kuba is traded for a solid prospect or more.

24Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:29 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Dash wrote:If Pittsburgh picks up Arnott that makes sense. They need a C, and he is a veteran UFA - they don't want money on the books next season. Kovalev could be a possibility too, since they have the space to add both. But it all comes down to having pieces available to get both players.

Ottawa would take a piece of Dung for Kovalev, I'm betting. Not a metaphor for a bad player, an actual piece of Dung.

I'd definitely take a steaming hot turd for Kovalev. He's probably going to win us as least one game down the stretch. Dammit!

25Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I hope you aren't serious about moving Kovalev for nothing. There's no point to do that. We don't need to move him, he's a UFA and surely can get us something of value to a team that needs the help. I still think he will be of some help to a team, I just don't think he will be the first choice for most teams. He'll be the consolation prize.

26Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll take Kovalev for cash. Don't teams do that anymore? LOL

27Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:I hope you aren't serious about moving Kovalev for nothing. There's no point to do that. We don't need to move him, he's a UFA and surely can get us something of value to a team that needs the help. I still think he will be of some help to a team, I just don't think he will be the first choice for most teams. He'll be the consolation prize.

Kovalev has a decent post-season track record (98 points in 116 games, close to .4 GPG -- like Mark Recchi). He's playing better now and started scoring again. We would definitely get something for him. Recchi was traded twice for a couple of minor leaguers and a 2n round pick. Unless there's a bidding war, that's what we'll get for him -- a 2nd rounder.

28Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Dash wrote:I hope you aren't serious about moving Kovalev for nothing. There's no point to do that. We don't need to move him, he's a UFA and surely can get us something of value to a team that needs the help. I still think he will be of some help to a team, I just don't think he will be the first choice for most teams. He'll be the consolation prize.

I am serious. With how streaky he is, I'd rather not chance him winning us any games, which he's capable of doing when he's in the mood.

Plus, if Melnyk is serious about cutting his losses, I could easily see him being ok with moving Kovalev for futures or something, just to get rid of the salary, and the locker room presence.

29Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:42 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ok, but that's not "nothing". That's all I wanted to know. Nothing is he plays out his season in Ottawa and walks.

30Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:41 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would trade Kovalev for nothing at this point. It's addition by subtraction. I think we're a better team without him in the lineup, plus they don't have to sign his cheques anymore.

31Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:43 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Any trade is going to have something coming back to us. And in the case of Kovalev, if we do move him, chances are someone else's junk will be coming our way.

32Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:59 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hate it when someone else's junk comes my way. I am fine with my own junk. I am all junked out.

33Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:05 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I hate it when someone else's junk comes my way. I am fine with my own junk. I am all junked out.

I certainly wouldn't play with another man's junk. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum