GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+33
jawal
SDH89
Oglethorpe
Hoags
asq2
stepchild
Vandelay
SensFan71
ddt
rooneypoo
22_4_ever
SensGirl11
sandysensfan
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
stempniaksen
Straight Shooter
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
wprager
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Riprock
strachattack
spader
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
CockRoche
37 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 67]

991Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 67 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:36 pm

strachattack

Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
strachattack wrote:
Yeah, should we be worried? Perhaps it's just posturing for a better contract? I hope it's not a polite way of deflecting the truth that he plans on testing the market.

That's what it sounded like to me too - hopefully Anderson sees that there's a good thing here for him and signs.

Hmm... If his play continues to garner this much positive attention he might think he will have a few other options come July 1st. He may be watching other team's and their goalie situation just as much as Ottawa. Although, most of the competing teams have good goalies that they're committed to so the market might not look that different than it does now. So... I dunno... hopefully he signs before the end of the season.

992Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 67 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:36 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Anderson is looking for security I am sure and there are probably a few teams that will give him a good chunk of change and term for his services. He's a true number 1, it's worth probably 3 mil a year min.

Giving Anderson a 10 mil plus contract will go a long way in the rebuild and give The Sens some much needed confidence when things break down on them, which is going to happen.

This is one player and position they shouldn't be pulling the purse strings with. Hopefully Murray gets it done very soon.

993Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 67 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:37 pm

strachattack

Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:6thSens The 6th Sens
Murray praises scouts overseas. Says team might sign one free agent but wants to let the young kids develop. Melnyk doesn't want quick fix.

Unless it comes cheap. Sarcasm

Interesting he would say that though.

994Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 67 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Anderson is looking for security I am sure and there are probably a few teams that will give him a good chunk of change and term for his services. He's a true number 1, it's worth probably 3 mil a year min.

Giving Anderson a 10 mil plus contract will go a long way in the rebuild and give The Sens some much needed confidence when things break down on them, which is going to happen.

This is one player and position they shouldn't be pulling the purse strings with. Hopefully Murray gets it done very soon.

I wouldn't want to lose him now - and this fanbase might be a tad pissed if he were to walk on July 1 after all this. I would get down to brass tacts and get this done - although, I'm positive he won't be taking any 3 million a year. 3.5 minimum would be my guess - but again, we have the cap space and Murray's saved Melnyk a lot of coin, please get it done soon.

-------

http://www.gmhockey.com/viewtopic.forum?t=5240

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum