GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CONFIRMED: Lupul to Toronto for Beachemin

+10
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
SDH89
shabbs
rooneypoo
Ev
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:You mean the Minnesota HS kid drafted in the first round, currently playing NCAA hockey. A whopping 188 pounds as a 20 year old. Hmm... Sounds like a can't miss prospect.

Yeah, that's the one. He skates like the wind and is a PPG D-man in the NCAA and this league is all about mobility + scoring on the blueline. I hope he sucks though, but I think he'll be pretty good.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Definitely not just a cap dump. Toronto wants Top 6 forwards, which Lupul is.
Lupul is a question mark as a top 6 forward at best. He would definitely be one here and will be in TO, but on most teams he is a 3rd liner.

If he's playing at his healthy best, he is more than a third liner. He played regular shifts with Getzlaf and Perry before he got hurt last season.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Definitely not just a cap dump. Toronto wants Top 6 forwards, which Lupul is.
Lupul is a question mark as a top 6 forward at best. He would definitely be one here and will be in TO, but on most teams he is a 3rd liner.

If he's playing at his healthy best, he is more than a third liner. He played regular shifts with Getzlaf and Perry before he got hurt last season.
We'll disagree for now. The next couple years in TO will prove one of us right. Should be fun to watch.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:You mean the Minnesota HS kid drafted in the first round, currently playing NCAA hockey. A whopping 188 pounds as a 20 year old. Hmm... Sounds like a can't miss prospect.

Everything Jurke touches turns to gold, remember?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Gardiner would be a Wiercioch kind of value, but the key thing is Anaheim has a Dung ton of D prospects so I guess they want to make an impact in the playoffs now.

I am certainly not expecting that for Philips. He is -4 (vs -26), has a cup ring, double the points, 2 years younger, and affinity with the organization.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Gardiner would be a Wiercioch kind of value, but the key thing is Anaheim has a Dung ton of D prospects so I guess they want to make an impact in the playoffs now.

I am certainly not expecting that for Philips. He is -4 (vs -26), has a cup ring, double the points, 2 years younger, and affinity with the organization.

You call it younger, I call it experience. Wink

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:Gardiner would be a Wiercioch kind of value, but the key thing is Anaheim has a Dung ton of D prospects so I guess they want to make an impact in the playoffs now.

You call it younger, I call it experience. Wink

Except experience and age have nothing in common. Toews is 22 and has triple the experience Spezza has. Olympic GOld, Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe, WOrld Juniors...
Experience is about knowing how to win more than anything else. Look how useless Sutton was last year in the playoffs. 10+ years in the league, 0 experience.
So what's my point? All the experience Philips has, Beauchemin's been there, done that, and actually has a done a better job with it.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I think we'll get something decent for Philips but probably not that.

Not to mention Murray doesn't have to make much (if any) salary back since Philips is a pending UFA.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
Except experience and age have nothing in common. Toews is 22 and has triple the experience Spezza has. Olympic GOld, Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe, WOrld Juniors...
Experience is about knowing how to win more than anything else. Look how useless Sutton was last year in the playoffs. 10+ years in the league, 0 experience.
So what's my point? All the experience Philips has, Beauchemin's been there, done that, and actually has a done a better job with it.

Highly debatable, but fair enough.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:nice......there's the bar for phillips folks!

rooneypoo wrote:In other news, that sets a pretty high price for Phillips.

SDH89 wrote:This is good for the Phillips trade talks, bidding war is bound to happen now.

Thats what we can hope.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

RT @tsnjamesduthie: Beauchemin: "I'm excited to get back in a playoff race. I never really wanted to leave Anaheim."

Parting shot ? Laughing3

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And no one had this on their radar... so much for "sources" eh?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:And no one had this on their radar... so much for "sources" eh?

And it's been in the works for 'weeks' apparently. So Dreger, boo, I thought he was the 'inside man' there.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:

And it's been in the works for 'weeks' apparently. So Dreger, boo, I thought he was the 'inside man' there.
Just goes to show you how these deals can really get done in the dark. And people claiming to be sources are usually full of it or have no idea what's going on.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

Where have all the flowers gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
Girls have picked them every one
When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn?

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

I think Lupul is the salary trade-off and Gardiner is the actual asset that Toronto wanted.

Lupul is not the player most think he is and this isn't a decisive win for Toronto either IMO.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Just goes to show you how these deals can really get done in the dark. And people claiming to be sources are usually full of it or have no idea what's going on.

Agreed. If a deal like this, involving the Leafs, can get done in the dark, anything is possible. I love it. Eklund was spitting out Beauchemin rumours to all kinds of teams (not Anaheim) right up until this happened.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man... every time I hear Lupul, I think Sopel for some reason...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum