GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gilbert Brule / Lupul

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gilbert Brule / Lupul Empty Gilbert Brule / Lupul Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:56 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

So Hockeyleaks has Edmonton shopping Brule. I wonder since they need a PK man if Murray would be interested in moving Kelly or Vermette for a package that includes Brule+. I've watched some games recently with Brule and has potential. Leaks also have Ottawa interested in Lupul.

http://www.hockeyleaks.com/index.php?page=rumors

2Gilbert Brule / Lupul Empty Re: Gilbert Brule / Lupul Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:53 pm

hockeyleaks = why no one has responded to this.

3Gilbert Brule / Lupul Empty Re: Gilbert Brule / Lupul Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:40 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:hockeyleaks = why no one has responded to this.

I'm not familar with the credibility of the site but I thought I would put it out there.

4Gilbert Brule / Lupul Empty Re: Gilbert Brule / Lupul Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:10 am

Don't bother...the credibility of hockeyleaks actually falls below Eklund....far below.

5Gilbert Brule / Lupul Empty Re: Gilbert Brule / Lupul Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I used to want Lupul, just not willing to take on his contract that kicks in next year. No way.

Brule is not someone that interests me in the least. I want to start getting some draft picks and then some skill into this lineup. We have enough plugs (although, you're right Phoenix, he's showing up a little more lately).

6Gilbert Brule / Lupul Empty Re: Gilbert Brule / Lupul Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:17 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:I used to want Lupul, just not willing to take on his contract that kicks in next year. No way.

Brule is not someone that interests me in the least. I want to start getting some draft picks and then some skill into this lineup. We have enough plugs (although, you're right Phoenix, he's showing up a little more lately).

Well living between Calgary and Edmonton at the moment. I have heard a lot of good things about Brule. He is highly thought off, has skill, and just needs to be given an opportunity to stay and play in the bigs. It has been mentioned that Edmonton will need to make a decision on someone soon because they are 99% certain someone will pick up Brule if he ever had to be put on the waiver wire once he plays 3 more NHL games.

7Gilbert Brule / Lupul Empty Re: Gilbert Brule / Lupul Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:19 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
Well living between Calgary and Edmonton at the moment. I have heard a lot of good things about Brule. He is highly thought off, has skill, and just needs to be given an opportunity to stay and play in the bigs. It has been mentioned that Edmonton will need to make a decision on someone soon because they are 99% certain someone will pick up Brule if he ever had to be put on the waiver wire once he plays 3 more NHL games.

Good for him for pulling it together. There was enormous pressure on him being a 6th overall and not making it to the NHL full time. Hopefully he sticks this time.

8Gilbert Brule / Lupul Empty Re: Gilbert Brule / Lupul Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:23 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:I used to want Lupul, just not willing to take on his contract that kicks in next year. No way.

I think Murray has been showing interest for some time in Lupul. He would already be a Senator if a certain Wade "The Fraud" Redden had waived his no-trade.

I wonder if Lupul gets mad when people call him "Jeffrey"?

If Brulé is a good PKer, I'd definitely deal Chris Kelly to get him and save some bucks.

9Gilbert Brule / Lupul Empty Re: Gilbert Brule / Lupul Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:27 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think Murray has been showing interest for some time in Lupul. He would already be a Senator if a certain Wade "The Fraud" Redden had waived his no-trade.

I wonder if Lupul gets mad when people call him "Jeffrey"?

If Brulé is a good PKer, I'd definitely deal Chris Kelly to get him and save some bucks.

If it was indeed true that he was being shopped I would be interested because he has better hands than Kelly, can skate like the wind from the highlites I have seen, and loves going to the net. As well he is only 22 and only about 1.2m (because of the bonuses) but a RFA after this season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum