GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+30
22_4_ever
Straight Shooter
Sens4thecup
strachattack
The Silfer Server
Riprock
Flo The Action
dennycrane
stempniaksen
LethalLehner
SDH89
dawg's wife
CockRoche
wprager
LeCaptain
shabbs
rooneypoo
Ev
sandysensfan
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
spader
tim1_2
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
Oglethorpe
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:SunDoniB Don Brennan
by SensChirp
Bryan Murray and Mike Gilles huddled at Rogers Arena this A.M. for some time. What would it take the get C. Schneider anyway? #nhl #sens
I just read that Murray might be interested in trading for a goaltender of the future.... Could be Schneider?

A Schneider-Lehner tandem? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! HappyDance1 HappyDance1

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
by SensChirp
Bryan Murray and Mike Gilles huddled at Rogers Arena this A.M. for some time. What would it take the get C. Schneider anyway? #nhl #sens
I just read that Murray might be interested in trading for a goaltender of the future.... Could be Schneider?

And you know the asking price will be pretty damn high... high as in Murray won't bite.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
by SensChirp

And you know the asking price will be pretty damn high... high as in Murray won't bite.

Buzzkiller. Crying

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:And you know the asking price will be pretty damn high... high as in Murray won't bite.

So says Don Brennan anyway. I would guess that the Canucks would want a very good prospect along with our #1 pick this year. It’s really tough to say if that’s worth it. If Schneider developed into an elite #1 goalie, then it would be worth it, but there’s always that element of risk with young goalies…. And with Lehner, it might be tough to justify that trade. It’s a very interesting question, but just purely hypothetical, I think.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:And you know the asking price will be pretty damn high... high as in Murray won't bite.

So says Don Brennan anyway. I would guess that the Canucks would want a very good prospect along with our #1 pick this year. It’s really tough to say if that’s worth it. If Schneider developed into an elite #1 goalie, then it would be worth it, but there’s always that element of risk with young goalies…. And with Lehner, it might be tough to justify that trade. It’s a very interesting question, but just purely hypothetical, I think.
Oh oh... Brennan said something that makes sense? Yikes.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If sens trade for Mason (Steve) or Schneider, what does thta mean for Lehner and how does he fit in? Those two are not much older than him so it is almost like you are telling Lehner he is not going to be the #1.

I think you go get Vokoun, sign him to a 2-yr deal, $5M per year. 1st year you play Vokoun and Lehner 60/22 games respectively, and the next year, you go something like 41/41 perhaps. Slowly ease Lehner in with the # of starts, gradually increasing the numbers, while he plays behind a veteran goalie with league leading stats.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Or if you end up picking up a Shneider type goalie maybe you end up with a Halak/Price tandem and cash in on a trade for one?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hard to say. What would be the cost of acquiring a young, franchise goalie and what would the return on that investment be a few years down the road? You could potentially pay a high price and the player does not perform well under your team, and you lose a lot of value.

I think we have seen what the market value for goalies are. A lot of teams are willing to go with their homegrown players than pay top dollar for another teams star. Not sure you can call what Montreal got for Halak a "great deal".

I'd much rather have a veteran goalie who has played very well over his career tutoring our very own drafted future franchise goalie.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Hard to say. What would be the cost of acquiring a young, franchise goalie and what would the return on that investment be a few years down the road? You could potentially pay a high price and the player does not perform well under your team, and you lose a lot of value.

I think we have seen what the market value for goalies are. A lot of teams are willing to go with their homegrown players than pay top dollar for another teams star. Not sure you can call what Montreal got for Halak a "great deal."

I'd much rather have a veteran goalie who has played very well over his career tutoring our very own drafted future franchise goalie.

I think Montreal should have waited to see if they could get more during the season...and I think they would have been successful.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

With the FA market so crappy, I doubt we see many traded from the Sens. We'll likely focus on moving Kuba, Lee, Ruutu, Phillips, Leclaire, Kovalev and worry about Fisher etc. later (or not at all).

That's what I see happening personally. If Fisher is to be moved, it'll be in the summer or at the draft for a 1st + winger like Penner.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dallas Dave is the 2nd to report a potential Atlanta/Edmonton blockbuster. Bogosian is the target apparently, either Hemsky or one of the young bucks go the other way?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Dallas Dave is the 2nd to report a potential Atlanta/Edmonton blockbuster. Bogosian is the target apparently, either Hemsky or one of the young bucks go the other way?

Remember when we told ourselves that Bogo to Ottawa was impossible?

Prepare to look at another trade where we can all say "that's all they had to give up?!?!?!!" Laugh1

GO SENS GO!!! Laughing3

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Dallas Dave is the 2nd to report a potential Atlanta/Edmonton blockbuster. Bogosian is the target apparently, either Hemsky or one of the young bucks go the other way?

Prepare to look at another trade where we can all say "that's all they had to give up?!?!?!!" Laugh1

GO SENS GO!!! Laughing3

I doubt it. Hemsky + Smid for Bogosian + Antropov is the rumour. If I was Atlanta, I'd make Edmonton take Hainsey though, but yeah, I think Edmonton will pay through the nose on this one.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

GO SENS GO!!! Laughing3

I doubt it. Hemsky + Smid for Bogosian + Antropov is the rumour. If I was Atlanta, I'd make Edmonton take Hainsey though, but yeah, I think Edmonton will pay through the nose on this one.

I suppose.

When does the bonanza start?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:When does the bonanza start?
Get the Patrón cuz it's on!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Chia says he's received an 'intriguing' offer for Toronto's 1st rounder.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Chia says he's received an 'intriguing' offer for Toronto's 1st rounder.

A co-worker told me it was for Brad Richards. Blake Wheeler would be going to Big D as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum