GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Atlanta set to trade Bergfors?

+8
SDH89
Flo The Action
Riprock
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
Hoags
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:50 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Attitude my arse, I want Bergfors! Kovalev + please.

Oooh oooh, me too, me too!!!! Bergfors would be great. He wouldn't act up in front of a legend from his country like Alfredsson.

17Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:03 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Dudley will want a prospect back or a draft pick. No way is he setting for a Loafalev playoff rental.

They got Bergfors in the Kovalchuk deal, no way is he going to throw that away.

It would take Foligno or Regin I imagine.

Then the sens should walk away....unless Regin demands a trade. But IMO, Kovalev would command a 2nd or 3rd rounder. But yes it would have to be Kovalev +.....what? 2nd rounder?

18Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:06 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

more I think about it.....why don't the thrashers and jackets deal? Filatov for Bergfors....

19Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:15 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He'll be traded to Chicago Razz

20Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The more I think about it, the more I think Foligno is not for sale - unless it's for a 26 or younger winger signed to a contract. Of all teams, the Sens are pretty much the last that should be trading young talent away. And that goes for Regin as well - moreso maybe. And Michalek.

21Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'd do Michalek for Bergfors + though. The + would have to be something worthwhile like a 1st or 2nd round at the worst, or a prospect.

But, Bergfors > Michalek. Younger, less injuries, higher potential...

Actually, I would do it straight up lol.... just get a replacement for that injured MM.

22Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:58 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:I'd do Michalek for Bergfors + though. The + would have to be something worthwhile like a 1st or 2nd round at the worst, or a prospect.

But, Bergfors > Michalek. Younger, less injuries, higher potential...

Actually, I would do it straight up lol.... just get a replacement for that injured MM.
slow down cowboy! Laugh1

i don't think we'd need to give up michalek.
of course kovalev would be best but i doubt it's enough. the closer it gets to the trade deadline then it might be a possibility. kuba + is a possibility.
phillips + prospect for their 1st and berfors. then we swipe phillips next year.?

23Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:00 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

^^^^ that prospect could be cody bass. i could see him cracking the line-up next year once eager is out of the picture.

mind you they have tons of place t take kovalev from us. watch them.... Laugh1

24Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:03 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Bergfors cap hit is 900K
Michalek is $4.3M

Not gonna fly.

25Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Bergfors cap hit is 900K
Michalek is $4.3M

Not gonna fly.
they have 18 mill in cap space accoarding to cap geeks.
IMO we're the losers of that trade.

26Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Michalek is $4.3M

Not gonna fly.

Thrashers are on an internal cap floor budget, they're even using Brashear's buyout to hit the league minimum.

They don't sell too many tickets down there. The team literally cannot afford to spend more.

There's a bunch of teams who only spend the league minimum and they're way better than us.

Scary huh ?

27Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Michalek is $4.3M

Not gonna fly.

Thrashers are on an internal cap floor budget, they're even using Brashear's buyout to hit the league minimum.

They don't sell too many tickets down there.

There's a bunch of teams who only spend the league minimum and they're way better than us.

Scary huh ?
actually yes!
but look at it this way. if atlanta is in a good position to make the playoffs come the deadline they could stock up on expiring contracts to make a show of force(and maybe make the second round? that could entice possible buyers9appart from quebec city? Sarcasm )

28Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Michalek is $4.3M

Not gonna fly.

They don't sell too many tickets down there. The team literally cannot afford to spend more.

Scary huh ?

But those teams cannot sustain themselves. The cap is just going to keep going up and they will have to spend more and more year after year... and they will lose superstar after superstar because they cannot afford to keep them, thus they will never improve.

What Atlanta is doing this year is amazing, but they cannot keep it up.

29Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:
But those teams cannot sustain themselves. The cap is just going to keep going up and they will have to spend more and more year after year... and they will lose superstar after superstar because they cannot afford to keep them, thus they will never improve.

What Atlanta is doing this year is amazing, but they cannot keep it up.

Well at this point in time it just shows how badly we suck and the importance of having many talented players on cheap entry level deals Smile

It's unsustainable for everyone, even the rich teams will have trouble turning a profit at this rate, Sens already have to hit the 2nd round to profit. Supposedly several owners are ready to walk if the next CBA doesn't resolve this.

Gonna be some interesting negotiations coming up, especially with Fehr heading up the NHLPA.

30Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:40 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Enter Jim Balls.

31Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:24 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Michalek is $4.3M

Not gonna fly.

You would have to jump on that and never look back. Bergfors >> Michalek

32Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:23 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You add Bergfors to work towards making a Top 6 that actually consists of 6 "Top 6" forwards. Moving Michalek to pick up Bergfors is counterproductive.

33Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:46 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Except that you get a guy that's younger, healthier, and cheaper... thus you have more money to sign a top 6 next year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum