GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Atlanta set to trade Bergfors?

+8
SDH89
Flo The Action
Riprock
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
Hoags
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Empty Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There really shouldn't be a question mark in the title, there's been speculation for a while now. Apparently the Thrashers have sent an e-mail out to all GMs telling them of Bergfors' availability.

I sincerely hope Bryan Murray is on this. This is the kind of young forward the Sens need to begin their rise back to contention.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/2701/weekend-wrap-fehrs-influence-on-cba-nabokovs-future-salos-return-to-canucks

Thrashers want to move Bergfors

Atlanta recently sent a memo to other teams saying to give it a call if they wanted a forward. I was told Saturday that Niclas Bergfors is the guy the Thrashers would really like to move. He was part of the Ilya Kovalchuk deal last February but has fallen out of favor.

2Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:28 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Read on HFboards his attitude and work ethic are in question, hence why Ramsay doesn't like him.

Not sure if we need another head case here.

I can see Lou pulling the trigger to try and undo the Kovalchuk trade/signing damage though Laugh1

3Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Read on HFboards his attitude and work ethic are in question, hence why Ramsay doesn't like him.

Not sure if we need another head case here.

I can see Lou pulling the trigger to try and undo the Kovalchuk trade/signing damage though Laugh1

I didn't realize that, no we don't need someone with attitude.

4Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:07 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

that would mean his trade value is very low. Kuba for Bergfors please....or Lee+ for Bergfors.

5Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:18 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

If he's in their doghouse, hopefully we can get him on the cheap. I did a quick search about Bergfors and attitude and came up with this article published yesterday. He seems to at least have the right answers. Article by the Thrashers beat writer from the Atlanta Journal Constitution:

Atlanta Thrashers Bergfors frustrated at being healthy scratch
2:21 pm December 20, 2010, by Chris Vivlamore

TORONTO — Niclas Bergfors admits to being frustrated.

The Thrashers forward was a healthy scratch for the fifth time in six games, along with Ben Eager, Monday against Toronto.

“You can’t whine about it,” Bergfors said following Monday’s pre-game practice. “You have to keep your head up and stay positive and support the team. Work hard. When you get the chance you have to be ready. That’s kind of what I’m focused on. Obviously it’s kind of boring to sit out. You have really long days on game day. It’s not fun. I’m trying to stay positive and be ready for me next chance.”

Bergfors said Thrashers coaches have not told him the reason he has been out of the lineup.

“They haven’t said anything,” Bergfors said. “I know I haven’t played my best hockey. I’m trying to focus to do my best and do the small details and everything that will help the team win the game. That’s what I’m trying to accomplish my next chance.”

Bergfors has seven goals, tied for seventh on the team with Nik Antropov.

Without Bergfors and Eager, Thrashers coach Craig Ramsay again put Fredrik Modin and Tim Stapleton in the lineup. They have been skating on a line centered by rookie Alexander Burmistrov.

Ramsay said he has been impressed with Stapleton’s play, especially defensively, since he was signed last month while on a 25-game tryout with AHL San Antonio.

“I thought [Modin and Stapleton] they played extremely well [Saturday against New Jersey],” Ramsay said. “Stapleton is very good without the puck. He’s going to score, but he’s been good defensively. He made a couple of solid plays the other night. You look at him and know he’s going to score goals, but if he’s good the other way that gives [the line] more opportunities. I thought as a line, that was Burmy’s best game in awhile. That line was very effective and they played quality minutes for us.

“The first game [Stapleton] played was in Washington and he ends up out against [Alexander] Ovechkin a couple times and got the job done. That helps a lot. We you see that he participates defensively, you feel good about putting him out there. … One of the things he did as a smaller player is he’s really strong. The pucks along the wall, he wins the wall battle. He didn’t turn it over. You can see that if he can play along the walls, and he can play at any time against anybody, that’s a key issue.”

Stapleton does not have a point in five games.

Freddy Meyer will be the defenseman scratched against the Maple Leafs.

6Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:23 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:that would mean his trade value is very low. Kuba for Bergfors please....or Lee+ for Bergfors.

Lee's been on the market for a while, I imagine it'd be a done deal if they wanted him.

They can probably do better than Lee, Bergfors would be tied for 3rd in team scoring on the Sens Facepalm

7Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:25 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Is Alfie's basement clean these days?

8Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:28 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:that would mean his trade value is very low. Kuba for Bergfors please....or Lee+ for Bergfors.

Exactly! I absolutely would not give up Foligno. I could see them wanting some veteran help, especially if they are pushing for a playoff birth, and want to do well in the playoffs. Maybe Ruutu would do it, if they want to get rid of him. I don't know. But I think taking the chance on this kid would be worth it. He has top 6 potential.

9Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:31 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:

Exactly! I absolutely would not give up Foligno. I could see them wanting some veteran help, especially if they are pushing for a playoff birth, and want to do well in the playoffs. Maybe Ruutu would do it, if they want to get rid of him. I don't know. But I think taking the chance on this kid would be worth it. He has top 6 potential.

O..M...G....KOVALEV WOULD BE PERFECT!!!!!!! Ahhhhh!

10Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:36 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:

O..M...G....KOVALEV WOULD BE PERFECT!!!!!!! Ahhhhh!

Kovalev would be perfect. Straight up!

I wonder if Kovalev would waive his NMC to go to Atlanta. They have a chance to be a real cinderella team in the playoffs.

11Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Attitude my arse, I want Bergfors! Kovalev + please.

12Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Dudley will want a prospect back or a draft pick. No way is he setting for a Loafalev playoff rental.

They got Bergfors in the Kovalchuk deal, no way is he going to throw that away.

It would take Foligno or Regin I imagine.

13Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:50 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Attitude my arse, I want Bergfors! Kovalev + please.

Oooh oooh, me too, me too!!!! Bergfors would be great. He wouldn't act up in front of a legend from his country like Alfredsson.

14Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:03 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Dudley will want a prospect back or a draft pick. No way is he setting for a Loafalev playoff rental.

They got Bergfors in the Kovalchuk deal, no way is he going to throw that away.

It would take Foligno or Regin I imagine.

Then the sens should walk away....unless Regin demands a trade. But IMO, Kovalev would command a 2nd or 3rd rounder. But yes it would have to be Kovalev +.....what? 2nd rounder?

15Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:06 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

more I think about it.....why don't the thrashers and jackets deal? Filatov for Bergfors....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum