GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Atlanta set to trade Bergfors?

+8
SDH89
Flo The Action
Riprock
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
Hoags
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:24 am

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:Bergfors cap hit is 900K
Michalek is $4.3M

Not gonna fly.
they have 18 mill in cap space accoarding to cap geeks.
IMO we're the losers of that trade.

You would have to jump on that and never look back. Bergfors >> Michalek

32Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:23 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You add Bergfors to work towards making a Top 6 that actually consists of 6 "Top 6" forwards. Moving Michalek to pick up Bergfors is counterproductive.

33Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:46 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Except that you get a guy that's younger, healthier, and cheaper... thus you have more money to sign a top 6 next year.

34Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:48 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Except that you get a guy that's younger, healthier, and cheaper... thus you have more money to sign a top 6 next year.

Still wouldn't do Michalek for Bergfors. Not a chance...it'd have to be Berfors ++ then

35Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:53 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Unless Michalek's knee never fully recovers I think he'll bounce back. I like his game and there's no questions about his attitude or work ethic.

Only Atlanta takes on Michalek is if Antropov is coming back the other way. I can't see them taking on more salary.

36Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:01 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Except that you get a guy that's younger, healthier, and cheaper... thus you have more money to sign a top 6 next year.

The money for a top 6 is already there and it isn't a given that there is even anyone worthwhile available. Besides, Bergfors will be 24 in March and Michalek just turned 26.

37Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:43 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just to elaborate, I think you have a better chance to make a trade to improve than you would on the UFA market, as the last 2 signings for Ottawa clearly demonstrate.

Assuming you can pick up Bergfors for Shannon, Lee and a 2nd, for example, you can think about moving Michalek for an upgrade down the line as in Michalek and Foligno+ for Vanek or something along those lines.

38Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:14 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:

Still wouldn't do Michalek for Bergfors. Not a chance...it'd have to be Berfors ++ then

Can we not just admit that michalek is damaged goods, and that his contract is already starting to look like an anchor? Not too mention he has ZERO chemistry with anyone on this team.

Bergfors is probably already just as good as Milan. Atlanta would be doing us a favour.

39Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:17 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SDH89 wrote:
Can we not just admit that michalek is damaged goods, and that his contract is already starting to look like an anchor? Not too mention he has ZERO chemistry with anyone on this team.

I think it's too soon to call Michalek a bust after coming that knee surgery. I think he needs more time to recover. We are SOL if his knee is permanently toast but I think he can get most if not all his speed back.

40Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:22 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

This might be a case of 'grass is always greener'...Bergfors has obviously done something wrong if he's being shopped around by the thrashers. The only other player that we heard had a memo sent about him is Brian Lee, so that says something.

essentially, if we did michalek for bergfors, we get bergfors for Heatley. Now that is an even worse trade than what we had before.

Michalek is damaged for sure, but we gotta remember that Hossa also had a serious knee injury in junior and took a few years to bounce back, but boy did he ever. I think same goes for Michalek....we saw it with Cowen too. I don't know.....I still have faith in Michalek despite the sub-sub-par performance this season (which can be said for spezza, alfie, kovalev, fisher, phillps, holy Cuss KUBA, gonchar, regin, foligno) but michalek still draws most of the powerplays for ottawa

41Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:24 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah if Michalek is a bust then by the same token Cowen is a bust too

42Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:32 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I asked Senschirp a direct question about Bergfors. He says Ottawa will probably do NOTHING until the deadline.

We can all watch Bergfors go elsewhere and say "That's ALL Atlanta got?!??!"

Laughing3

43Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:41 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:I asked Senschirp a direct question about Bergfors. He says Ottawa will probably do NOTHING until the deadline.

We can all watch Bergfors go elsewhere and say "That's ALL Atlanta got?!??!"

Laughing3

Murray I think is too generous of a guy to swindle people out of deals. No deal he's made has ever been a steal (the closest was kuba + 1st for mesz). And he's generous because he doesn't like to play hardball with his RFAs either (though he signs them at decent prices), but the biggest generosity came when Brian Lee wanted a two year deal, so Murray said "YES SIR!"

44Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:37 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:Yeah if Michalek is a bust then by the same token Cowen is a bust too

Cowen has had one knee surgery, it's a yearly thing for michalek. I understand that some of you are preaching patience with this guy but there comes a point when the human body just can't keep up anymore - exhibit A with number 9.

45Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Wiercioch and Kovalev for Bergfors?

Seems like it's win-win for both teams.

Atlanta seems to have tons of young offensive talent (Burmistrov, Klinberg, Cormier, Esposito, Aliu, etc) but no real defensive threats coming up the system. Seems like adding a vet scorer and a defensive prospect might be worth it to them. I think he'd waive his NMC too. It's like an extended two month holiday to be in sunny Georgia during the Canadian winter months, and he has to do everything in his power to market himself to Montreal next season. Too bad Bergfors is a RW. We really need some help on the left side.

46Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:49 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Kovalfie wrote:Wiercioch and Kovalev for Bergfors?

Seems like it's win-win for both teams.

Atlanta seems to have tons of young offensive talent (Burmistrov, Klinberg, Cormier, Esposito, Aliu, etc) but no real defensive threats coming up the system. Seems like adding a vet scorer and a defensive prospect might be worth it to them. I think he'd waive his NMC too. It's like an extended two month holiday to be in sunny Georgia during the Canadian winter months, and he has to do everything in his power to market himself to Montreal next season. Too bad Bergfors is a RW. We really need some help on the left side.

NEVER!!!! Let's not talk about giving up one of our future-4 for Bergfors....yikes.

I still maintain that the sens should instead target Edmonton....with a plethora of forwards, they don't have much on D in prospects (as of now though looks like Larsson is a lock for them). I wouldn't hesitate to do: Rundblad + Kuba for MPS + Souray if it were possible. As much as Rundblad excites me, the thought of MPS sniping on our team is music to my ears.

To be honest, I can see Edmonton being interested in this type of deal if they instead drafted a top forward; chances are they get one of RNH, Landeskog, Couturier, or Larsson.

47Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:55 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

though since this is a bergfors related thread, my final proposal would be as follows:

Kovalev + Lee for Bergfors (+ conditional pick if possible)

Atlanta needs a somewhat lengthy playoff run and Kovalev probably has most value on our team as a tradeable asset. Lee for Bergfors is a little uneven, even though they're both under achieving, but add Kovalev and this is an interesting deal from the thrashers perspective.

Although, Lee needs to play some more games and Kovalev needs to start showing more offensive prowess. Worst case for Atlanta, they get a rental that didn't pan out but they didn't sell the farm on it (see Tkachuk deal)

48Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? - Page 3 Empty Re: Atlanta set to trade Bergfors? Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:13 pm

[quote="Michallica"]
Kovalfie wrote:Wiercioch and Kovalev for Bergfors?

NEVER!!!! Let's not talk about giving up one of our future-4 for Bergfors....yikes.

I still maintain that the sens should instead target Edmonton....with a plethora of forwards, they don't have much on D in prospects (as of now though looks like Larsson is a lock for them). I wouldn't hesitate to do: Rundblad + Kuba for MPS + Souray if it were possible. As much as Rundblad excites me, the thought of MPS sniping on our team is music to my ears.

To be honest, I can see Edmonton being interested in this type of deal if they instead drafted a top forward; chances are they get one of RNH, Landeskog, Couturier, or Larsson.

That's interesting but I doubt Edmonton would give up MPS. Their core is scary good. If they land one or two defencemen this off-season, and use their top 5 for another forward, they will be a serious threat for years to come: Hall, Eberle, Omark, MPS, Penner, Gagne, Cogliano, Hemsky, Brule, and top 5.

If anything I could see them trading Hemsky for Michalek, maybe Kuba and Lee for Souray, but they won't be trading Omark, MPS, Hall or Eberle any time soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum