GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Am I Watching Right now? MAJOR BREAKING BAD SPOILERS IN HERE!

+24
sandysensfan
DirtyDave
TheAvatar
sens4win
Flo The Action
Number Twenty Nine
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
spader
Hoags
shabbs
PTFlea
tim1_2
SensHulk
CockRoche
Bramlet07
Ev
SDH89
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
garblar
SensGirl11
wprager
Riprock
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Bah! She needs to learn how to volley. That was a gimme. I think even I could have won that point.

On to the third, but I'll have to catch up later. Defiance time.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Genie through to the third round.  Needs to play better than that, though.

Last edited by wprager on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I don't think Bouchard's game is good enough yet to win a Slam. Too many mistakes still. That said, I certainly enjoy watching her!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I don't think Bouchard's game is good enough yet to win a Slam.  Too many mistakes still.  That said, I certainly enjoy watching her!

I just hope she doesn't become the Josee Chouinard of tennis.  Pretty to watch, everyone's darling, but never in the right head-space to win the big ones.  Some of the unforced errors were just atrocious; definitely mental mistakes and not an issue of skill.  They keep saying how she's so mentally tough, I'm not sure I agree.

Also, why does she almost never go to the net?  She stays at the baseline for pretty much the whole rally.  Chris Evert said that she is not very good at volleying, and that playing some doubles would really help her.  I have to agree.  You can hang back at the baseline and wait for the other player to make mistakes against the weaker players, but when you go up against top-10 competition that's not going to be enough.

-------

http://www.gmhockey.com/viewtopic.forum?t=6142

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum