GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game of Thrones (TV) - spoilers up to end of Season Six.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, you've been warned.  If you have not seen the Season Six finale (this past Sunday) then don't read any further.

Game of Thrones (TV) - spoilers up to end of Season Six. Big-spoiler-350x350

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, that should be enough.

So we get confirmation that Jon Snow is Lyanna's (and Rhaegart's) son, so he has claim to the Iron Throne (being the grandson of the Mad King). Don't know if he has claim to Winterfell, but he is now King in the North by proclamation.

If his true heritage comes out then he's definitely competition to Littlefinger, who obviously already knows his true lineage. It is likely in his best interest to back him as King in the North because, like his "father" he likely has no aspirations for the Iron Throne. He also has no interest in that lineage being divulged, so whoever else might know about it (Howland Reed, possibly Meera, now Bran, the midwife/nurses) would be in his cross-hairs.

The look on Jaime's face was telling. He killed the King, once, for planning to do with Cercei just did. And his last son is dead as a direct consequence of her actions. I'm thinking he will be the one to make her "last-of-her-name". According to the books:
Spoiler:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You want Freys with that pie?
Arya can now do the face thing and has shortened her list by taking out Walder and his sons.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting theory out there is that The Mad King became mad because of Bran's excursions (kind of like he broke Hodor's mind). Interesting (but probably unnecessary).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bump.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just six weeks (plus a day) until S7 starts on July 16.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently Season 7 is a shortened season? Is this the last season? How short is it? So many questions. I googled this. So, no, Season 7 is not the last season - there will be a season 8. And both are "shortened", so I guess not the normal 10 episodes? Apparently they had to up the "per-episode budget", so one way to do that was just to have fewer episodes overall.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

S7 will have seven episodes, S8 will have six.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just like Lost. Two shortened seasons.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum