GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

(Nov 4) Sens 4 - Isles 1 - Post your 3 stars

+6
PKC
Hobiesens
PTFlea
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Yeah, I'd really like to know what Foligno's issue is this year. Where's all the skill and razzle dazzle he showed in the preseason? This kid is dumbfounding and if he doesn't get it together soon, he might find himself getting benched.

Not sure, but soon he'll find himself firmly planted on the 4th line - where offense seems to go to die (no offense Winchester, Smith!).

Straight Shooter

Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:
Yeah, I'd really like to know what Foligno's issue is this year. Where's all the skill and razzle dazzle he showed in the preseason? This kid is dumbfounding and if he doesn't get it together soon, he might find himself getting benched.

Not sure, but soon he'll find himself firmly planted on the 4th line - where offense seems to go to die (no offense Winchester, Smith!).

Call me crazy, but that is a pretty solid 4th line. When or if everybody is healthy that gives us:
Regin - Spezza - Kovalev
Michalek - Fisher - Alfie
Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
Foligno - Winch - Smith/Shannon

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:You're biased Smile

Seriously, though, when are Foligno and Regin going to wake up? Sure, Regin got two assists, but against a tired team (some of them didn't get in til 3AM, I heard) we could have used a little more from everyone. It's a shame that, in a game like this, Elliott *has to be* one of the stars. This should have been a game Emery's Jersey could win.

Come on Prager, there's more to it than just scoring, Regin has been really solid. He's truly emerging as the mix of two-way player and offensive threat. The goals will come for him, but for now he's making things happen in the offensive zone.

Foligno I'm disappointed in, but Regin needs to continue to play the way he's playing IMO, the goals will come.

Are you talking about last night's game, or the first dozen games of the season? If you say Regin has not disappointed you this season so far then you'd better be careful when you next sip your coffee -- your nose might get in the way.

He's not a top-six winger yet.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Straight Shooter wrote:
Call me crazy, but that is a pretty solid 4th line. When or if everybody is healthy that gives us:
Regin - Spezza - Kovalev
Michalek - Fisher - Alfie
Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
Foligno - Winch - Smith/Shannon

It's quite solid, I agree. Just...not the greatest offensive prowess - and around the league there's more emphasis on having some guys on your 4th line that can also score as well as providing energy. Still, I must say there's a nice mix of grit and speed there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Are you talking about last night's game, or the first dozen games of the season? If you say Regin has not disappointed you this season so far then you'd better be careful when you next sip your coffee -- your nose might get in the way.

He's not a top-six winger yet.

I'm talking about the whole year. I've watched him very closely and he's been electric from about game 2 on. Watch how he tracks the puck in the offensive zone and uses his smarts to get it. Great hockey sense, great hustle, really soft hands in both passing and shooting, but like so many other young players, there seems to be the mindset that he should be passing to papa Kovalev instead of wiring the puck. That's fine, it takes a bit of coaching and a bit of prodding by his linemates to continue the solid play, but shoot a little more.

Usually we see somewhat eye to eye, I've really enjoyed watching Peter Regin progress into a very solid young player - and I think you'll see the results soon enough.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:

I think Foligno is playing the wrong game sometimes. I swear everytime I notice him he's trying to stickhandle past 2-3 defenders and usually causing a turnover in the process.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

1. Spezza
2. Elliott - 2 breakaway stops that kept us in it, and a solid game overall. He's been awesome lately.
3. Hale (Nov 4) Sens 4 - Isles 1 - Post your 3 stars - Page 2 54934 Scored an important goal that kept us rolling.

Edit: Game winning goal for Hale.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Man I'm late to this party but for me....

1. Spezza
2. Elliott
3. Campoli

HM - Regin

I contemplated putting Elliott at number one. Spezza had an excellent game, and was 'rewarded' for his effots thanks to a shaky rollie. But my goodness brian elliott is running away with the number one job. What spectacular breakaways stops...not once....but twice on the same powerplay! Pat yourself on the back, the whole team should be buying him dinner after crapping away the 3rd period. Any of those breakaways become goals and who knows how the sens implode?

Campoli was super strong defensively. Great physical play too, liked that he stood up for his fellow italian NOT!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum