GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

(Nov 2) Sens 3 Leafs 2 - Post your 3 stars!

+7
SensHulk
wprager
spader
PKC
dennycrane
PTFlea
Ev
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mine are similar to Sportsnet's 3 stars:

1) Sergei Gonchar
2) Brian Elliott
3) Erik Karlsson

HM to Chris Campoli for stopping two pucks on the goal-line.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1.Elliott

2.Gonchar

3.Karlsson

Big time HM to Chris Campoli. He was very solid tonight.

EDIT: Damn, I can't get Alfie in there, but he should be.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

1. Brian Elliott
2. Chris Campoli
3. Erik Karlsson

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Elliott
Gonchar
Karlsson

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Elliot
Gonchar
Alfredsson

HM Karlsson

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

1. Elliott for sure
2. Gonchar
3. Spezza

I loved Karlsson's one-timer (it was funny seeing Neil trying it later in the game) but I'd still give that to Spezza.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Elliott
Gonchar
Foligno

Hm: karlsson
Dis-hm: kovalev (wide open net buddy, can't miss those!)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

To be fair, he didn't.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That was the most pathetic effort I've ever seen from a guy who has a completely empty net to shoot at.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:To be fair, he didn't.

Haha it's debatable. Let's just say he missed it enough for it to not conclusively be a goal

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:That was the most pathetic effort I've ever seen from a guy who has a completely empty net to shoot at.

Meh I wouldn't say it was due to lack of effort. The leafs players caught up quickly and drove him but he has had a couple of open net gaffes lately where he fans on the shot or just doesn't time it well

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:That was the most pathetic effort I've ever seen from a guy who has a completely empty net to shoot at.

Meh I wouldn't say it was due to lack of effort. The leafs players caught up quickly and drove him but he has had a couple of open net gaffes lately where he fans on the shot or just doesn't time it well

At least two gimmes in the last two games.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1 - Elliott
2 - Gonchar
3 - Campoli - This guy doesn't get enough credit.

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe Kovalev's vertigo acted up right at that very moment?

But yeah, I will agree with the majority:

In no real particular order: Elliott, Gonchar, Karlsson

Gonchar's first goal as a Senator, on the PP!!! Elliott coming up big with some saves when needed, especially when the Sens gave up two goals. The PP's in the last 5 minutes helped.... but there's no conspiracy, right?

Funny thing is, Kelly did deserve a hooking penalty, so it's not like there are phantom calls, but it is too convenient that they (Leafs) always seem to get a PP in the last 5 minutes of a game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Maybe Kovalev's vertigo acted up right at that very moment?

But yeah, I will agree with the majority:

In no real particular order: Elliott, Gonchar, Karlsson

Gonchar's first goal as a Senator, on the PP!!! Elliott coming up big with some saves when needed, especially when the Sens gave up two goals. The PP's in the last 5 minutes helped.... but there's no conspiracy, right?

Funny thing is, Kelly did deserve a hooking penalty, so it's not like there are phantom calls, but it is too convenient that they (Leafs) always seem to get a PP in the last 5 minutes of a game.

You really think Kelly deserved a call on *that* play? The blade of his stick was not turned inward; if anything, it was a tap, so he could have called it a slash.

But if you want a slah, then how about McArthur (same guy Kelly "hooked"), just a split second earlier, chopping Carkner's stick in two? Did you see the blade of his stick helicoptering over the net? If you didn't, don't worry -- the refs were right down on the ice and *they* missed it.

It definitely smells like they are *looking* for a call to make against the other team, rather than looking to make a call, period.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum