GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

(Nov 2) Sens 3 Leafs 2 - Post your 3 stars!

+7
SensHulk
wprager
spader
PKC
dennycrane
PTFlea
Ev
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1 - Elliott
2 - Gonchar
3 - Campoli - This guy doesn't get enough credit.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Maybe Kovalev's vertigo acted up right at that very moment?

But yeah, I will agree with the majority:

In no real particular order: Elliott, Gonchar, Karlsson

Gonchar's first goal as a Senator, on the PP!!! Elliott coming up big with some saves when needed, especially when the Sens gave up two goals. The PP's in the last 5 minutes helped.... but there's no conspiracy, right?

Funny thing is, Kelly did deserve a hooking penalty, so it's not like there are phantom calls, but it is too convenient that they (Leafs) always seem to get a PP in the last 5 minutes of a game.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Maybe Kovalev's vertigo acted up right at that very moment?

But yeah, I will agree with the majority:

In no real particular order: Elliott, Gonchar, Karlsson

Gonchar's first goal as a Senator, on the PP!!! Elliott coming up big with some saves when needed, especially when the Sens gave up two goals. The PP's in the last 5 minutes helped.... but there's no conspiracy, right?

Funny thing is, Kelly did deserve a hooking penalty, so it's not like there are phantom calls, but it is too convenient that they (Leafs) always seem to get a PP in the last 5 minutes of a game.

You really think Kelly deserved a call on *that* play? The blade of his stick was not turned inward; if anything, it was a tap, so he could have called it a slash.

But if you want a slah, then how about McArthur (same guy Kelly "hooked"), just a split second earlier, chopping Carkner's stick in two? Did you see the blade of his stick helicoptering over the net? If you didn't, don't worry -- the refs were right down on the ice and *they* missed it.

It definitely smells like they are *looking* for a call to make against the other team, rather than looking to make a call, period.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Perhaps you are right. I didn't see the slash though, my consciousness was divided on and off the game.

I still think there's too much to be coincidence that the Leafs get a PP in the final 5.

Since 111519 (or A.S.S. - Alfie, Smith, Spezza) is the first person I have seen mention this, I'd like to see him do a full on investigation and get some stats to back it up. Very interesting and he could get some attention for pointing it out.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Game savers first, game winner last:

1. Elliott
2. Campoli
3. Karlsson

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

1. Elliott
2. Campoli
3. The Alfie

HM Gonchar and Karlsson. Can I have 2 HM's? (Nov 2) Sens 3 Leafs 2 - Post your 3 stars! - Page 2 159628

Last edited by SensGirl11 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:1.Elliott

2.Gonchar

3.Karlsson

Big time HM to Chris Campoli. He was very solid tonight.

EDIT: Damn, I can't get Alfie in there, but he should be.

I put him in there. (Nov 2) Sens 3 Leafs 2 - Post your 3 stars! - Page 2 159628 I thought Karlsson and Gonchar were killer too though and they definitely deserve to be there. Alfie created chance after chance and he was all over the place, I had a hard time not making him my 3rd star, so I did. (Nov 2) Sens 3 Leafs 2 - Post your 3 stars! - Page 2 54934 Especially considering he was playing through an injury and was one of our best players all game.

GO SENS!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pain helps him focus Smile

Apparently it's his back. He could barely move the day before, but physio helped, and after the warm up he said he felt great.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum