GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

When will Filip Kuba play again?

+6
PTFlea
rooneypoo
shabbs
PKC
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

When will Filip Kuba play again?

When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Vote_lcap233%When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 1 ]
When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Vote_lcap233%When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:46 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

5-6 weeks minimum was the original estimate:

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=538001

The incident happened on Sept. 18th. 5-6 weeks from then is Oct. 23rd or 30th respectively.

17When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:08 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:5-6 weeks minimum was the original estimate:

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=538001

The incident happened on Sept. 18th. 5-6 weeks from then is Oct. 23rd or 30th respectively.

I'm sure I didn't just pick that number out of my head and read it somewhere. Perhaps it was an old TSN ice chips or something. Oh well.

18When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:20 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I was being a bit sarcastic. Kuba's apprently been raving about it. Maybe he likes it so much that he wants to do it longer.

Frankly, though, he broke his ankle, didn't he? There could have been some collateral damage to the ligaments as well. Do any of you remember breaking a bone? I broke my wrist one year and spent most of the summer in a cast -- I think it was on for 6 weeks. Imagine that plus time to get back into playing shape. He broke it on September 19 -- 5 weeks and 3 days ago. I don't know who originally said he'll be back in 4 weeks -- that's just ridiculous. I think people are mistaking the number of weeks of the season he was going to miss for the number of weeks he was going to take to recover.

He was expected to miss 6 weeks, or 10 games. If he is not back on Saturday then, sure, he is behind the original schedule.

I've never broken anything (knock on wood - Not so hard as to break something though) so I have no idea what recovery would be like.

19When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:06 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:I was being a bit sarcastic. Kuba's apprently been raving about it. Maybe he likes it so much that he wants to do it longer.

Frankly, though, he broke his ankle, didn't he? There could have been some collateral damage to the ligaments as well. Do any of you remember breaking a bone? I broke my wrist one year and spent most of the summer in a cast -- I think it was on for 6 weeks. Imagine that plus time to get back into playing shape. He broke it on September 19 -- 5 weeks and 3 days ago. I don't know who originally said he'll be back in 4 weeks -- that's just ridiculous. I think people are mistaking the number of weeks of the season he was going to miss for the number of weeks he was going to take to recover.

He was expected to miss 6 weeks, or 10 games. If he is not back on Saturday then, sure, he is behind the original schedule.

I've never broken anything (knock on wood - Not so hard as to break something though) so I have no idea what recovery would be like.

It's not fun. My GF broke (fractured) her wrist at the end of August. She had a 'hard' cast on for 2 weeks, and then a 'soft' one for another 2-3 weeks. She's still wincing in pain every now and then when her wrist gets stressed -- picking something up, reaching for something, etc., etc. That's 8 weeks later now.

It takes a while to get back to feeling like it's normal again, that's for sure. I'm surprised most of these guys recover as fast as they do.

20When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:19 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

These guys have access to equipment most of us would never dream of. In my case, back in the day, it was a hard plaster cast that weighed a ton and went all the way to just past my elbow (yeah, for a broken wrist). There was no such thing as a soft cast or even a light one. Things have certainly changed for the rank-and-file, but it's a whole 'nother thing for the elite athletes.

21When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:50 am

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I've never broken anything (knock on wood - Not so hard as to break something though) so I have no idea what recovery would be like.

It's not fun. My GF broke (fractured) her wrist at the end of August. She had a 'hard' cast on for 2 weeks, and then a 'soft' one for another 2-3 weeks. She's still wincing in pain every now and then when her wrist gets stressed -- picking something up, reaching for something, etc., etc. That's 8 weeks later now.

It takes a while to get back to feeling like it's normal again, that's for sure. I'm surprised most of these guys recover as fast as they do.

Amen to that! I've broken my nose (twice), my collarbone, my leg, my foot, and my big toe. The leg was by far the worst though. And once you're out of the cast, the muscles have atrophied from not using them soit takes a while to get back up to speed.

22When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:50 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:These guys have access to equipment most of us would never dream of. In my case, back in the day, it was a hard plaster cast that weighed a ton and went all the way to just past my elbow (yeah, for a broken wrist). There was no such thing as a soft cast or even a light one. Things have certainly changed for the rank-and-file, but it's a whole 'nother thing for the elite athletes.

They're also, in most cases, a lot more diligent about following the rehab plan than most people. Throw in excellent conditioning and a will to get back sooner along with everything else you mentioned and it starts to make sense.

- Unknown Author

23When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:47 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Looks like Kuba "remains" a couple weeks away. I should have put that as a poll option.

- Unknown Author

24When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:52 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

ddt wrote:
Amen to that! I've broken my nose (twice), my collarbone, my leg, my foot, and my big toe. The leg was by far the worst though. And once you're out of the cast, the muscles have atrophied from not using them soit takes a while to get back up to speed.

Who the heck are you -- Evel Knievel?

25When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:00 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
ddt wrote:

No. He's just very clumsy. LOL.

- Unknown Author

26When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:32 am

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:
ddt wrote:

No. He's just very clumsy. LOL.

If you play sports a lot, Dung is bound to happen. Shrug

27When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:37 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Looks like Kuba "remains" a couple weeks away. I should have put that as a poll option.

How the Cuss? What the hell is his recovery time gonna be? 12 weeks?

28When will Filip Kuba play again? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 am

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:These guys have access to equipment most of us would never dream of. In my case, back in the day, it was a hard plaster cast that weighed a ton and went all the way to just past my elbow (yeah, for a broken wrist). There was no such thing as a soft cast or even a light one. Things have certainly changed for the rank-and-file, but it's a whole 'nother thing for the elite athletes.

The best of the best. Ask any pro athlete and then ask his neighbour how they recovered from the same injury and the services and treatment available will be quite different.

Recovery time can be cut in half for athletes when the surgery is done if needed, by the best surgeons around. The physio (all forms) starts on time and is adhered to throughout the healing process. With certain injuries, as long as you are not claustrophobic, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is used to promote healing oxygen to plasma and hemoglobin at the restricted or injured area. Oxygen therapy, as helpful as it is for some injuries can be detrimental as well.

With Kuba, who knows?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum