GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

When will Filip Kuba play again?

+6
PTFlea
rooneypoo
shabbs
PKC
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

When will Filip Kuba play again?

When will Filip Kuba play again? Vote_lcap233%When will Filip Kuba play again? Vote_rcap2 33% [ 1 ]
When will Filip Kuba play again? Vote_lcap233%When will Filip Kuba play again? Vote_rcap2 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1When will Filip Kuba play again? Empty When will Filip Kuba play again? Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is getting comical. Every update on the guy seems to be hopefully another 10 to 14 days. How many more weeks can they get away with saying that about an injury with an initial recovery time of 3-4 weeks?

- Unknown Author

2When will Filip Kuba play again? Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:54 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I don't know....my gut says he'll be back by next saturday (i.e. Nov 6) at which point will be 7 weeks since he broke his leg. I bet he starts practicing by Tuesday.

3When will Filip Kuba play again? Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:17 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This must be the worst broken leg ever suffered by anyone. I've never heard of a broken leg taking this long to heal.

4When will Filip Kuba play again? Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:33 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Got milk?

5When will Filip Kuba play again? Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:42 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I saw highlights of him skating the other day -- during the last HNIC, I think. He's getting close to returning to practice at any rate, that's for sure.

6When will Filip Kuba play again? Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He'll practice with the team this week according to...the Sun I think.

7When will Filip Kuba play again? Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:09 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I heard the same, this week.

8When will Filip Kuba play again? Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:02 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:I saw highlights of him skating the other day -- during the last HNIC, I think. He's getting close to returning to practice at any rate, that's for sure.

I saw the same thing on TSN or Sportsnet with him skating around by himself with no equipment right? It's a step in the right direction at least.

- Unknown Author

9When will Filip Kuba play again? Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:03 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:He'll practice with the team this week according to...the Sun I think.

A link would be appreciated because that's far ahead of any schedule I've heard. At best they say we HOPE blah blah blah 10 to 14 days.

- Unknown Author

10When will Filip Kuba play again? Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:09 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:He'll practice with the team this week according to...the Sun I think.

A link would be appreciated because that's far ahead of any schedule I've heard. At best they say we HOPE blah blah blah 10 to 14 days.

Both he an Leclaire have been on the ice, alone. That new underwater treadmill they have is supposedly great for helping to recover from breaks.

11When will Filip Kuba play again? Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:24 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Both he an Leclaire have been on the ice, alone. That new underwater treadmill they have is supposedly great for helping to recover from breaks.

Really? Leclaire has a groin issue not a break and Kuba's recovery time has at least doubled from initial reports. Did I miss a Wink or a Sarcasm somewhere?

- Unknown Author

12When will Filip Kuba play again? Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was being a bit sarcastic. Kuba's apprently been raving about it. Maybe he likes it so much that he wants to do it longer.

Frankly, though, he broke his ankle, didn't he? There could have been some collateral damage to the ligaments as well. Do any of you remember breaking a bone? I broke my wrist one year and spent most of the summer in a cast -- I think it was on for 6 weeks. Imagine that plus time to get back into playing shape. He broke it on September 19 -- 5 weeks and 3 days ago. I don't know who originally said he'll be back in 4 weeks -- that's just ridiculous. I think people are mistaking the number of weeks of the season he was going to miss for the number of weeks he was going to take to recover.

He was expected to miss 6 weeks, or 10 games. If he is not back on Saturday then, sure, he is behind the original schedule.

13When will Filip Kuba play again? Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:46 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

5-6 weeks minimum was the original estimate:

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=538001

The incident happened on Sept. 18th. 5-6 weeks from then is Oct. 23rd or 30th respectively.

14When will Filip Kuba play again? Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:08 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:5-6 weeks minimum was the original estimate:

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=538001

The incident happened on Sept. 18th. 5-6 weeks from then is Oct. 23rd or 30th respectively.

I'm sure I didn't just pick that number out of my head and read it somewhere. Perhaps it was an old TSN ice chips or something. Oh well.

- Unknown Author

15When will Filip Kuba play again? Empty Re: When will Filip Kuba play again? Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:20 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I was being a bit sarcastic. Kuba's apprently been raving about it. Maybe he likes it so much that he wants to do it longer.

Frankly, though, he broke his ankle, didn't he? There could have been some collateral damage to the ligaments as well. Do any of you remember breaking a bone? I broke my wrist one year and spent most of the summer in a cast -- I think it was on for 6 weeks. Imagine that plus time to get back into playing shape. He broke it on September 19 -- 5 weeks and 3 days ago. I don't know who originally said he'll be back in 4 weeks -- that's just ridiculous. I think people are mistaking the number of weeks of the season he was going to miss for the number of weeks he was going to take to recover.

He was expected to miss 6 weeks, or 10 games. If he is not back on Saturday then, sure, he is behind the original schedule.

I've never broken anything (knock on wood - Not so hard as to break something though) so I have no idea what recovery would be like.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum