GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

O'Brien - Tampa on the trade block as per spector

+8
KaBoominator
jamvan
shabbs
PTFlea
Hayden
bluewhiteandgolf
Cronie
Phoenix30
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:O'Brien looked absolutely awful this past weekend. Slow and gave up the puck numerous times. Stay far away.

I don't think this is what we need... I'm actually pretty satisfied so far with the defense, hopefully they can continue to shut it down...

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:He was just raded: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251872&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_main

You beat me to it by seconds. Shane O'Brien and Oulette to the Canucks for...Lukas Krajicek and right wing Juraj Simek.

Barf the magic dragon, what the hell are the Canucks doing!!?
I think it's more what the hell is Tampa doing?

I think it's a little of what the hell are these 2 smoking?? LOL

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

blazer_2458 wrote:
jamvan wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:ahh, K Lee at HB no more...

That site appears to be going through a massive tailspin...
You can still hit his latest blog though. Someting is going down: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thread.php?thread_id=54682&page=4

Now would be the time to recruit more knowledgeable members for OUR site.

Yeah it would be neat to get an insider to write for us every once in a while... I'm sure if we keep mentioning the site, as it grows it will attract some writers too...

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Spezza "has a pension" for giveaways? I actually tried to correct him once, telling him that "alot" is two words. Didn't do it in a mean way or anything. He continues to us it to this day, and it's one of his favorite "expressions".

I understand and don't really mind when someone makes a typo or a spelling mistake. But if someone points it out to you, at least learn from it. My thesis supervisor corrected my draft copy and, apart from the usual pointers on content, there was one glaring error -- irregardless. I have *never* used that since that one time being called out for it, and you'd better believe I spot it immediately when I see or hear it used by someone else.

Just don't go using long or uncommon words or phrases unless you know how. Like "a birth in the playoffs" or the aforementioned "pension for giveaways".

Those HB bloggers are a little sensitive about their bad grammar, presumably because none of them have any background in writing. I think I reduced the BUF blogger, Garth, to tears over there when I told him that his writing lacks professionalism and his cheesy puns are more stale than the 3-year-old bag of plain chips sitting in my cupboard.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thread.php?thread_id=45580&page=8

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:

Spezza "has a pension" for giveaways? I actually tried to correct him once, telling him that "alot" is two words. Didn't do it in a mean way or anything. He continues to us it to this day, and it's one of his favorite "expressions".

I understand and don't really mind when someone makes a typo or a spelling mistake. But if someone points it out to you, at least learn from it. My thesis supervisor corrected my draft copy and, apart from the usual pointers on content, there was one glaring error -- irregardless. I have *never* used that since that one time being called out for it, and you'd better believe I spot it immediately when I see or hear it used by someone else.

Just don't go using long or uncommon words or phrases unless you know how. Like "a birth in the playoffs" or the aforementioned "pension for giveaways".

Those HB bloggers are a little sensitive about their bad grammar, presumably because none of them have any background in writing. I think I reduced the BUF blogger, Garth, to tears over there when I told him that his writing lacks professionalism and his cheesy puns are more stale than the 3-year-old bag of plain chips sitting in my cupboard.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thread.php?thread_id=45580&page=8

Hockeybuzz i'm pretty sure is on it's way out... They will never be as big as they were... People are getting so fed up with the way it is run over there, that now they are making their own sites.. I think they may be starting to realize it over there at HB too... Looks like they are going to start making changes...

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Kinda like closing the barn door after the horses are gone, no?

EDIT: not that I have any sympathy, or want them to change

It's like when you have to stare at a car crash...even though you know that there isn't anything to see. Sad, really.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum