GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phillie - tampa trade

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Phillie - tampa trade Empty Phillie - tampa trade Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:19 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Just got a text saying Phillie sent Eminger and Downie were sent to Tampa for Matt Carle.

Makes you wonder whats going on there.

2Phillie - tampa trade Empty Re: Phillie - tampa trade Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:22 pm

Cause everyone knows that the Lightning are desparate to add another forward

They are slowly becoming the new "Milbury organization"

Brian Lawton is proving to be just as good a GM as he was a player.

Ridiculous.

Last edited by vancanuck1 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Phillie - tampa trade Empty Re: Phillie - tampa trade Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:23 pm

The Philadelphia Flyers have acquired defenceman Matt Carle and the San Jose Sharks' third round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Steve Eminger, Steve Downie and Tampa Bay's fourth round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=255088&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

4Phillie - tampa trade Empty Re: Phillie - tampa trade Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable. They traded Boyle for a 1st, a 3rd, Eminger and Downie.

Epic Fail.

5Phillie - tampa trade Empty Re: Phillie - tampa trade Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:55 pm

towelie112

towelie112
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable. They traded Boyle for a 1st, a 4th, Eminger and Downie.

Epic Fail.

Correction they sent that third to Phillie

6Phillie - tampa trade Empty Re: Phillie - tampa trade Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Matt Carle sucks, Eminger is average, Downie has potential, but he's nowhere near where he needs to be. Bad trade all around.

7Phillie - tampa trade Empty Re: Phillie - tampa trade Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:22 pm

504Heater wrote:Matt Carle sucks, Eminger is average, Downie has potential, but he's nowhere near where he needs to be. Bad trade all around.
Tampa needed forwards, and Phillie saved themselves from Avery2.0

8Phillie - tampa trade Empty Re: Phillie - tampa trade Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tampa has no idea what it needs or why. They need 30 games to get all the new faces into the flow and another 10 to fully understand whatever stupid coaching philosophy Melrose is trying to preach.

Trading at this point in the year only sets them back more. Lucky for them they have a goaltender who looks like he can try to steady them a bit, but really, if any other GM traded Boyle for Carle, a prospect and a 1st (since traded to Ottawa) and then turned around and traded Carle 12 games into the season - they'd be fired. As the entire bunch of tools in Tampa should be.

As for Holmgren - he panicked hardcore. He needed a D-man and he finally bit on one of the most useless guys out there.

HUGE thumbs down to both teams.

9Phillie - tampa trade Empty Re: Phillie - tampa trade Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:51 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

The only thing going through my mind right now is confusion. Matt Carle is getting passed around like condoms at a safe sex convention.

10Phillie - tampa trade Empty Re: Phillie - tampa trade Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:10 pm

PKC wrote:The only thing going through my mind right now is confusion. Matt Carle is getting passed around like condoms at a safe sex convention.

Do you realize how happy San Jose is that Tbay took that contract. Wilson finally made a mistake as GM and Tampa just says, we will take you garbage haha.

Tampa is an absolute joke of a franchise with those owners. And the Saw movies suck as well.

11Phillie - tampa trade Empty Re: Phillie - tampa trade Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:30 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Didn't TB also get Wishart though?

It's not all bad.

12Phillie - tampa trade Empty Re: Phillie - tampa trade Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:08 am

asq2 wrote:Didn't TB also get Wishart though?

It's not all bad.

Well thats basically all they have along with Meszaros...

Carle, Kuba, Picard, Boyle and a First Rounder for Emenger, Meszaros and Wishart.... man, I just cant see how that is positive in anyway. I still think Meszaros is a career 3, 4 D man at best.

13Phillie - tampa trade Empty Re: Phillie - tampa trade Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:18 am

Neely4Life wrote:
PKC wrote:The only thing going through my mind right now is confusion. Matt Carle is getting passed around like condoms at a safe sex convention.

Do you realize how happy San Jose is that Tbay took that contract. Wilson finally made a mistake as GM and Tampa just says, we will take you garbage haha.

Tampa is an absolute joke of a franchise with those owners. And the Saw movies suck as well.

I'd have to agree. These guys are clueless. Those movies are fluff too.

I wonder if free agents will look at a guy like Carle and think twice about signing in Tampa knowing they could be traded within weeks. This trade just makes no sense to me. Brian Lawton is just a puppet for these two jokers that own the team. Feaster and Torts were lucky to escape this joke of a situation.

14Phillie - tampa trade Empty Re: Phillie - tampa trade Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:23 am

504Heater wrote:Tampa has no idea what it needs or why. They need 30 games to get all the new faces into the flow and another 10 to fully understand whatever stupid coaching philosophy Melrose is trying to preach.

Trading at this point in the year only sets them back more. Lucky for them they have a goaltender who looks like he can try to steady them a bit, but really, if any other GM traded Boyle for Carle, a prospect and a 1st (since traded to Ottawa) and then turned around and traded Carle 12 games into the season - they'd be fired. As the entire bunch of tools in Tampa should be.

As for Holmgren - he panicked hardcore. He needed a D-man and he finally bit on one of the most useless guys out there.

HUGE thumbs down to both teams.

This was a dumb move on Holmgren's part. I don't like Downie, but under the right circumstances and heavy doses of meds he could be an effective player. He threw away a first round pick to acquire Eminger this past draft day. What a waste.

Personally, I think Melrose is nothing more than a puppet so these two clowns can coach by proxy. Oren Koulas is an ego maniac. I've read a couple of interviews with this guy and by all accounts he is a tremendous douchebag.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum