GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

O'Brien - Tampa on the trade block as per spector

+8
KaBoominator
jamvan
shabbs
PTFlea
Hayden
bluewhiteandgolf
Cronie
Phoenix30
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Sorry for posting here but for some reason I can't create a new post in Rumours.

Apparently O'Brien in Tampa is on the block. He has shown progression in points from 16 and 21 over the past couple of years. He is big, nasty and cheap. Maybe Murray could consider picking him up for a pick and move Schubert or put Richardson in the coaching role and make O'Brien the 7th D. Never hurts to add a little more nastyness and potential.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Shane_O'Brien/

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wow! I would make that move...

Thing is, if they move him, their D is pathetic! However, if we could snag him, he would add EVEN more nastiness, which I don't think you can have too much off, so long as skill isn't sacrificed in lieu.

Thanks for the head's up Phoenix. Good catch!

bluewhiteandgolf

bluewhiteandgolf
Prospect
Prospect

not sure where to post this either, but k. lee's blog just disappeared and he's no long listed as one of hbuzz bloggers?????

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

perhaps because he had the score, the pp stats and the point totals incorrect.

he was also getting pretty carved for not only his inaccuracies - but for his hockey writing abilities.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's been a tremendous disappointment for the Lightning. He's hated by 99% of the fans as being useless as boobs on a bull. We should not go near him.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

bluewhiteandgolf wrote:not sure where to post this either, but k. lee's blog just disappeared and he's no long listed as one of hbuzz bloggers?????
That is very interesting. His blogs ain't the same anymore and they don't garner the attention they used to. I wonder why...

Wink

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

O'Brien looked absolutely awful this past weekend. Slow and gave up the puck numerous times. Stay far away.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ah, I had no idea O'Brien was that bad. I thought nastiness and I ran with it. OOps! LOL

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ahh, K Lee at HB no more...

That site appears to be going through a massive tailspin...

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:ahh, K Lee at HB no more...

That site appears to be going through a massive tailspin...
You can still hit his latest blog though. Someting is going down: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thread.php?thread_id=54682&page=4

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think I've officially washed my hands of HB. I grew tired of K Lee's "Trade Spezza", "The Sens are a pathetic bunch" rants.

I truly enjoy the community we have here and couldn't be happier. That and the puck has finally dropped on this season. WOO HOO!

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:O'Brien looked absolutely awful this past weekend. Slow and gave up the puck numerous times. Stay far away.

I didn't know he was having a bad start. I just reviewed his points for the past couple of seasons. With the way Tampa is being runned and if the price was right maybe a fresh start with a little more stability would help him out. After all he has only been in the league a couple of years on a bad Tampa team. With him being an RFA, I'd take the risk. Send them Nikulin.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
jamvan wrote:O'Brien looked absolutely awful this past weekend. Slow and gave up the puck numerous times. Stay far away.

I didn't know he was having a bad start. I just reviewed his points for the past couple of seasons. With the way Tampa is being runned and if the price was right maybe a fresh start with a little more stability would help him out. After all he has only been in the league a couple of years on a bad Tampa team. With him being an RFA, I'd take the risk. Send them Nikulin.

They tried to put him in the trade instead of Picard and Murray called them on it apparently. We don't really have the roster place for him with Schubert, Picard and Lee all itching to get more minutes.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

He was just raded: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251872&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_main

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:He was just raded: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251872&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_main

You beat me to it by seconds. Shane O'Brien and Oulette to the Canucks for...Lukas Krajicek and right wing Juraj Simek.

Barf the magic dragon, what the hell are the Canucks doing!!?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum