GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

O'Brien - Tampa on the trade block as per spector

+8
KaBoominator
jamvan
shabbs
PTFlea
Hayden
bluewhiteandgolf
Cronie
Phoenix30
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
jamvan wrote:O'Brien looked absolutely awful this past weekend. Slow and gave up the puck numerous times. Stay far away.

I didn't know he was having a bad start. I just reviewed his points for the past couple of seasons. With the way Tampa is being runned and if the price was right maybe a fresh start with a little more stability would help him out. After all he has only been in the league a couple of years on a bad Tampa team. With him being an RFA, I'd take the risk. Send them Nikulin.

They tried to put him in the trade instead of Picard and Murray called them on it apparently. We don't really have the roster place for him with Schubert, Picard and Lee all itching to get more minutes.

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

He was just raded: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251872&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_main

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:He was just raded: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251872&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_main

You beat me to it by seconds. Shane O'Brien and Oulette to the Canucks for...Lukas Krajicek and right wing Juraj Simek.

Barf the magic dragon, what the hell are the Canucks doing!!?

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:He was just raded: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251872&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_main

You beat me to it by seconds. Shane O'Brien and Oulette to the Canucks for...Lukas Krajicek and right wing Juraj Simek.

I think it's more what the hell is Tampa doing?

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:

I don't know much about Krajicek but would he be another PMD that Tampa has wanted. Personally I think this is a good deal for the Canucks. I think this make them have a tougher D well while freeing up a little money, until Oulette is recalled.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:I think it's more what the hell is Tampa doing?

From talking to Tampa fan(s) I can tell you that they hate O'Brien. He's nicknamed SOB because he keeps giving the puck up and sucking very badly, to get rid of him is a huge move for Tampa - and to free up the Oulette salary as well.

But..I agree that there is a massive hole on D now for a nasty,stay at home D-man. They could so have used Jason Smith. :D They can now eat it. As for the Canucks, what are you doing? Everyone around the NHL knew that SOB was lost and probably not coming back, Oulette sucks apparently very badly (slow as molasses). The Canucks are lost without hope. Give us Luongo immediately!

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:I think it's more what the hell is Tampa doing?

From talking to Tampa fan(s) I can tell you that they hate O'Brien. He's nicknamed SOB because he keeps giving the puck up and sucking very badly, to get rid of him is a huge move for Tampa - and to free up the Oulette salary as well.

But..I agree that there is a massive hole on D now for a nasty,stay at home D-man. They could so have used Jason Smith. :D They can now eat it. As for the Canucks, what are you doing? Everyone around the NHL knew that SOB was lost and probably not coming back, Oulette sucks apparently very badly (slow as molasses). The Canucks are lost without hope. Give us Luongo immediately!
I know O'Brien sucks. He looked horrible thsi past weekend and makes Richardson look like a speedskater

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:I know O'Brien sucks. He looked horrible thsi past weekend and makes Richardson look like a speedskater

Snnnnnap!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm still confused, the Canucks deal away a puck mover for a slow, big D and the Lightning trade away a big nasty D for a puck-mover.

Now the Lightning are soft as silk and the Canucks have a whole bunch of big dudes that can occasionally score.

This goes against everything that either team needed. Bizarre-land.

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

I think its because the Canucks are gonna trade Bieksa to Boston for some package. Oh that would rule....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

WhamBamCam wrote:I think its because the Canucks are gonna trade Bieksa to Boston for some package. Oh that would rule....

It would be for Savard though - and you don't want that, do you?

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
bluewhiteandgolf wrote:not sure where to post this either, but k. lee's blog just disappeared and he's no long listed as one of hbuzz bloggers?????
That is very interesting. His blogs ain't the same anymore and they don't garner the attention they used to. I wonder why...

Wink

go figure...

:D

jamvan wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:ahh, K Lee at HB no more...

That site appears to be going through a massive tailspin...
You can still hit his latest blog though. Someting is going down: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thread.php?thread_id=54682&page=4

Now would be the time to recruit more knowledgeable members for OUR site.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hayden wrote:perhaps because he had the score, the pp stats and the point totals incorrect.

he was also getting pretty carved for not only his inaccuracies - but for his hockey writing abilities.

Spezza "has a pension" for giveaways? I actually tried to correct him once, telling him that "alot" is two words. Didn't do it in a mean way or anything. He continues to us it to this day, and it's one of his favorite "expressions".

I understand and don't really mind when someone makes a typo or a spelling mistake. But if someone points it out to you, at least learn from it. My thesis supervisor corrected my draft copy and, apart from the usual pointers on content, there was one glaring error -- irregardless. I have *never* used that since that one time being called out for it, and you'd better believe I spot it immediately when I see or hear it used by someone else.

Just don't go using long or uncommon words or phrases unless you know how. Like "a birth in the playoffs" or the aforementioned "pension for giveaways".

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:I think I've officially washed my hands of HB. I grew tired of K Lee's "Trade Spezza", "The Sens are a pathetic bunch" rants.

I truly enjoy the community we have here and couldn't be happier. That and the puck has finally dropped on this season. WOO HOO!

Amen to that!!

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:O'Brien looked absolutely awful this past weekend. Slow and gave up the puck numerous times. Stay far away.

I don't think this is what we need... I'm actually pretty satisfied so far with the defense, hopefully they can continue to shut it down...

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:

I think it's a little of what the hell are these 2 smoking?? LOL

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

blazer_2458 wrote:
jamvan wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:ahh, K Lee at HB no more...

That site appears to be going through a massive tailspin...
You can still hit his latest blog though. Someting is going down: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thread.php?thread_id=54682&page=4

Now would be the time to recruit more knowledgeable members for OUR site.

Yeah it would be neat to get an insider to write for us every once in a while... I'm sure if we keep mentioning the site, as it grows it will attract some writers too...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum