GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Preseason #5 - BUF @ OTT - 28/09/2010 - 7:00 PM

+12
Ev
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
Riprock
Amnesia021
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
PKC
PTFlea
shabbs
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Wow, what complete bulldung about tonight's game. Tonight's Toronto-Ottawa game is only available in Ontario on LeafsTV. Diddle that.

Rogers now sells channels a la carte, apparently You can get LeafsTV for $2.97/month.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:It's on Center Ice I presume?

When you presume, you make a pres of u and me.

... wait ... what?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It is but it's blocked for Sens fans! Laugh1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

It is but it's blocked for Sens fans! Laugh1

I went to zap2it, typed in my postal code and selected Rogers Digital. Searched for NHL and found the game on several of the NHLCI channels in the 400s. Weird part is the channel name to the left of the list said something like SNHL1HD. I clicked on that name and it shows me this:
Shaw Direct NHL Center Ice 1 HD

WTH? Does Shaw Direct own the distribution rights or something?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

guys, I think the game will be available on sportsnet HD ottawa, according to ottawasenators.com

no worries

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:guys, I think the game will be available on sportsnet HD ottawa, according to ottawasenators.com

no worries

Is that what SNet-OTT means. Sportsnet has it, but only in ottawa? Cause according to their schedule, the game is not being shown on East or Ontario.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I caved and ordered LeafsTV for the month. Will end up costing $4.50. Facepalm

Here's what the description for the NHLCI channel says: "Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Ottawa Senators. Game not available in Central, Eastern, Southern and Northern Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes. Ontario region see game on LeafsTV(422) to see the game. Game not available in East Region. [Avail. in HD on 1422)"

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:guys, I think the game will be available on sportsnet HD ottawa, according to ottawasenators.com

no worries

Bass Destruction wrote:

no worries

Is that what SNet-OTT means. Sportsnet has it, but only in ottawa? Cause according to their schedule, the game is not being shown on East or Ontario.

I hope I am wrong for you guys in Ottawa's sake, but I am fairly certain you won't see it unless you have LeafsTV. Afterall, we are talking about the Toronto Maple Leafs. NHL CI says not available in Ontario at all and Sportsnet will not override the Leafs.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:

no worries

I would assume its just sportsnet in the ottawa region, so channel 502 should be good. If not, then according to a poster on SC, channel 500 is the sportsnet sens channel part of the Sportsnet 1 free preview.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Also, when talking to the BellTV employee on the phone, he said that Bell and Rogers are a long ways apart on reaching a deal for Sportsnet-One. He said that the last offer would have seen Bell subscribers pay an additional $6/month for it. Until a fair deal can be reached, which seems like it could be a long time, no Sportsnet-One for Bell, which for me doesn't matter since I don't get any Sens games on Sportsnet.

And if you order NHL CI before Oct. 31, you save like $12. Big deal though. The cost is about 4 installments of ~$51/month.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

What sort of monkeys run the NHL TV rights business in Ontario ?

I have to subscribe to LaughsTV to see the Sens when I live on Ottawa ?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Apparently LeafsTV have exclusive rights for so many games. The Leafs run the NHL.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sportsnet One appeared on my Bell guide last week so I expected this would be cleared up by now. Of course, now it's gone! Laugh1

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If you have Rogers I have found the game. It's on channel 414 called "Sportsnet Sens"...and everybody will get it, as it says Free Preview until October 3rd.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:What sort of monkeys run the NHL TV rights business in Ontario ?

I have to subscribe to LaughsTV to see the Sens when I live on Ottawa ?

I do technically subscribe to LeafsTV, yet it's not available in my area. Laugh1

That's OK since out of market games are on Centre Ice. Oh wait, no they're not! Laughing3

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Lol.... Hockeyville? More like Bore-a-ville. Sarcasm

Billy Madison FTW!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Dash wrote:Lol.... Hockeyville? More like Bore-a-ville. Sarcasm

Billy Madison FTW!

Laugh1 I was waiting for someone to comment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum