GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Preseason #5 - BUF @ OTT - 28/09/2010 - 7:00 PM

+12
Ev
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
Riprock
Amnesia021
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
PKC
PTFlea
shabbs
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Cuss off Hale! Cuss off!!!!!!!

Dammit!

lol he's not so bad man. in either case, he's part of the cut list by tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, so is Lehner.

What do you guys think of all our goalies playing full games so far? With 8 games, I think its a pretty good thing

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They just want to return Lehner to Bingo anyway, I guess this is a chance to see how he plays....in front of most of the Bingo players (I'm scared).

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

here's what I don't get. Kraft Hockeyville was a CBC thing right? then why is it being broadcast on TSN?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:They just want to return Lehner to Bingo anyway, I guess this is a chance to see how he plays....in front of most of the Bingo players (I'm scared).

and that too playing against ryan miller for the full 60 mins. Hope he's up to the task!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
lol he's not so bad man. in either case, he's part of the cut list by tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, so is Lehner.

What do you guys think of all our goalies playing full games so far? With 8 games, I think its a pretty good thing

Hale is a very predictable character to me. I've seen it before - although Luke Richardson was slllllllllloooooooooooow. Hale brings nothing extraordinary to the table that I've seen. He can hit guys in front of the crease - and that's nice, but he handles the puck like a grenade and doesn't really do anything exceedingly well IMO.

I'd personally like to see him perform in Bingo before anything is set - but, as we've seen before, Murray and co. like to keep these veterans around for longer than their expiration date.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hale's been pretty consistent. Nothing special for sure, but nothing detrimental either.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:here's what I don't get. Kraft Hockeyville was a CBC thing right? then why is it being broadcast on TSN?

It's a conspiracy to deny me High-Definition hockey.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:here's what I don't get. Kraft Hockeyville was a CBC thing right? then why is it being broadcast on TSN?

Also a CBC specialty.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:

I think Hale is just a depth signing in case of injuries, ie. if we have injuries we have the option of playing a D-man with NHL experience and not have to put one of kids into a stanley cup playoff game.

I think it's great to play them full games. It's unfair to throw a goalie in cold partway through the game and expect him to play as well as he could be.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Also a CBC specialty.

I spent nearly an hour last week on the phone with Rogers (they called me). I told them I was not happy how their rates keep going up, far in excess of inflation, and how I watch a very small percentage of what I can access, yet the stuff I want (for example, high-def Western feeds) requires an extra $9.95/month.

So they worked out a 30% off deal (first year only) where I'd pay for that extra HD, but with the 30% off it would actually reduce my total bill (cable, internet, home phone) to less than what I pay not (about $12 less). But that 30% goes away in the second year (down to 15%?) and then I end up paying more than now. So I balked and said, no thanks, I'll keep what I have and evaluate Bell IPTV when that's available here. I think they could have offered me more (they probably would have offered me a second HD box -- I get a free HD-PVR and a free SD box now). I wonder if after all this my account has gone to yet another "retention-risk tier"?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
I spent nearly an hour last week on the phone with Rogers (they called me). I told them I was not happy how their rates keep going up, far in excess of inflation, and how I watch a very small percentage of what I can access, yet the stuff I want (for example, high-def Western feeds) requires an extra $9.95/month.

So they worked out a 30% off deal (first year only) where I'd pay for that extra HD, but with the 30% off it would actually reduce my total bill (cable, internet, home phone) to less than what I pay not (about $12 less). But that 30% goes away in the second year (down to 15%?) and then I end up paying more than now. So I balked and said, no thanks, I'll keep what I have and evaluate Bell IPTV when that's available here. I think they could have offered me more (they probably would have offered me a second HD box -- I get a free HD-PVR and a free SD box now). I wonder if after all this my account has gone to yet another "retention-risk tier"?

Dung dude, you got your rates lowered with Rogers, huh....I could use some rate lowering too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm paying about $130/month but that's with a rent-free PVR and second box (they upgraded me temporarily to an HD box for the second one, and that reverts back in February, I think). While I don't mind paying that much, and I certainly have enough TV and telephone minutes, my internet speed is pathetic (3 M -- lite), no US-networks west-coast feeds in HD means problems when I want to record shows *and* a game, and let's face it, their guide and general PVR usability sucks.

How long have you been on Rogers? If you have 3 services (or more) with them you should be able to get a discount in three easy steps:

1. Go to http://bundle.bell.ca/en/on/home and make your bundle
2. Write down what you'll get and what you'll pay (for the first 3 years; you can always switch-or-b!tch to get a better deal after 3 years)
3. Call up Rogers and tell them what you can get with Bell, and what they can do to keep you as a customer.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I should trade mark that -- "switch or b!tch" is MINE!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's a bundle similar to mine, except this one is 12M access (I have 3), and two PVRs (I have only one):
GDT: Preseason #5 - BUF @ OTT - 28/09/2010 - 7:00 PM - Page 2 15630_10

Add taxes and that's awfully close to what I'm paying now -- so much for my free PVR. So why is it unreasonable for me to expect that Rogers should be able to match this? Or even just do this -- give me a second PVR (free) and higher access speed (give very one the fastest speed available, then charge more for higher-download caps), and upgrade the firmware to something from last decade, at least.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Isn't this the Nestlé's Hockeytown deal?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Isn't this the Nestlé's Hockeytown deal?

Is *that game* on CBC-HD?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Isn't this the Nestlé's Hockeytown deal?

Is *that game* on CBC-HD?

Not if Toronto isn't playing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The arena:

GDT: Preseason #5 - BUF @ OTT - 28/09/2010 - 7:00 PM - Page 2 169454426-93fa79dc10308df39d59f3fd1bf00689.4ca25e58-full

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum