GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Preseason #3 - OTT @ MTL - 24/09/2010 - 7:30pm

+8
Riprock
Flo The Action
Amnesia021
PKC
The Silfer Server
shabbs
SensGirl11
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:What a fiasco! Time to blow this Dung up!!! Monkey

Trade the vets! Bring up the kids to play! Build the team through the draft Murray, enough of your pussyfooting.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so i guess the game didn't get televised or what? OK, my take on the game.
Nets:seriously i was nervous with leclaire at first since he was clearely out of position and the habs were missing golden opportunities. seriously IMO oppinion if this would of been a regular season and we had to face the real habs we would of been down by 4 in the first period. that said his play did get better as the game progressed and he did make some killer kick saves and his lateral slides were very nice. he still came out of position to often.
and really if the defence did half the job defensively that they should have done half those shots wouldn't have happened.

defence:i was expecting alot more from karlsson in this game. he made crucial mistakes on hour powerplay giving away the puck several times and missing passes. he did show that he was still capable of one timers and let one rip across that hit the glass that you could of probably hear outside the bell center. his foot speed was alright but all n all that was one big problem with the sens last night. lack of speed and consistency... i was surprised to see gryba in person and see how much he looks like a man. big frame plays hard and protects his area. phillips looked like he was giving lessons thruout the game trying to get all the guys to position themselves.
the defencive play was horrible in the sense that they lacked speed to compete with the habs and that lead to to many opportunities for breakaways.

offencively, it was hard to say. fisher played his 110%. some good moves by regin but you can tell he was lloking for someone to make plays to or to receive plays from. kovalev was his usual self, no look drop pass, lazy on the ice, short burst of energy. seriopusly i would rather see regin reunited with spezza then with that trio. kelly was kelly. but many of the new prospects lacked the drive or will to go to the net or even create plays. very sloppy. got better as the game progressed. have to hand it to the habs, mayer had decent puck control with very little rebounds. their players really look like they want to carve a spot for themselves. they played fast and agressive.

all n all i had fun but if i was coaching the're is alot of cuts that would have been made after last night.
hope this was helpful in some ways.
(and yes i'm still behind leclaire)

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

oh and latter if you guys want i'll tell you about the stands, where the real action happened.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:oh and latter if you guys want i'll tell you about the stands, where the real action happened.

Please do.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:oh and latter if you guys want i'll tell you about the stands, where the real action happened.

Please do.
we'll by the time i got to the entrance of my seat and started walking up the stairs i started getting booed because of my sens jersey, so i opened my jacket up to show them all what a proud sens fan looked like and i got more boos. then i replied to them in french " to keep their boos for their goalie" well at least they have a sense of humour cuz that got them laughing.
after that every goal we scored i'd turn around and my seat an proudly shout that they were going down. the exchanges kept up most of the night (and as it looked like we were going to lose).
i also had Logan the dancing habs machine sitting behind me. i've seen him at games before. i think he suffers from some sort of mental dissability. he gets up in the middle of games and starts dancing to try to get people to chant his name. it's pretty funny. all and all i liked my night, there even if we lost. it was a good crowd and man are they loud. if we could get that kind of excitement in ottawa, we'd get our team pretty pumped.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum