GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games

+2
SensHulk
Riprock
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Empty CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:15 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sweet!

from a CBC press release-

CBC and the American Hockey League (AHL) today announced a one-year broadcast agreement that will see CBC broadcast 10 games throughout the upcoming 2010-11 season.

“We’re looking forward to featuring the stars of hockey’s future with the AHL on CBC,” said Scott Moore, executive director, CBC Sports and general manager, CBC Media Sales & Marketing.

“We’re tremendously excited that CBC, with its distinguished excellence in hockey broadcasting, will be helping us celebrate our historic 75th anniversary this season,” said David Andrews, President and CEO of the American Hockey League. “Viewers across Canada will be treated to the skill and excitement of the best young professionals in our sport.”

The AHL, this year marking its 75th anniversary, has been the home to future stars and legendary figures throughout its illustrious history including the likes of Don Cherry, Johnny Bower, Andy Bathgate, Gerry Cheevers, Larry Robinson, Patrick Roy, Brett Hull, Martin St. Louis, Ryan Miller, Michael Cammalleri, Eric Staal, Martin Brodeur and Duncan Keith, among countless others.

CBC’S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA Saturday broadcasts will be followed by an AHL on CBC game on 10 Sunday afternoons, giving fans across Canada a chance to cheer on the NHL stars of tomorrow. All games will also be available live and on-demand on CBCSports.ca.

All 10 games will feature AHL teams affiliated with one of the six Canadian NHL teams. The puck drops on Sunday, Oct. 17, 2010, with a 1 p.m. ET matchup between the Toronto Marlies and the visiting Binghamton Senators, the top affiliates of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators. Other match-ups this season will also include the Hamilton Bulldogs (Montreal Canadiens), Abbotsford Heat (Calgary Flames), Manitoba Moose (Vancouver Canucks), and Oklahoma City Barons (Edmonton Oilers).

Ahhhhh!

2CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Empty Re: CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:19 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

that's awesome. Hopefully it won't be a simulcast and will be HD

3CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Empty Re: CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How do I buy a full AHL package? I have to see the B-Sens this year.

4CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Empty Re: CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm looking around for you, but in the meantime I found this game:

Sat., Feb. 20 Binghamton at Syracuse
(Mirabito Outdoor Classic) NHL Network
Time Warner Cable (Syracuse) 1:00 ET LIVE

But so far looks like most Binghamton games are on My8 (Binghamton station)

5CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Empty Re: CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Excellent. And since the games aren't on Saturdays there's at least a chance that they'll do some of them in HD.

6CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Empty Re: CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I'm looking around for you, but in the meantime I found this game:

Sat., Feb. 20 Binghamton at Syracuse
(Mirabito Outdoor Classic) NHL Network
Time Warner Cable (Syracuse) 1:00 ET LIVE

But so far looks like most Binghamton games are on My8 (Binghamton station)

Yeah, I was looking around too and it doesn't look too good.

7CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Empty Re: CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:53 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think the only thing you can do is order the online streaming package, but I couldn't find the info since it hadn't been updated since the Calder Cup.

8CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Empty Re: CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I think the only thing you can do is order the online streaming package, but I couldn't find the info since it hadn't been updated since the Calder Cup.

That sucks in this day and age though, I want to order an AHL specific channel - and I would pay up to 10 bucks a month for it.

Hopefully the cable providers have a plan in the future to access this.

9CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Empty Re: CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:55 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I was trying to find out about Rogers Cable, because I know they have a bunch of Sports Channel Packages, and they have an OHL package, so I thought maybe they had an AHL one too... but I couldn't find anything.

10CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Empty Re: CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:34 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You'd pay $120 per year to watch AHL games?!?!?!!

11CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Empty Re: CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That's not much... and if I could afford it, I would. I bought NHL CI which is a lot more than that.

That's like 10 packs of cigarettes or like 4 cases of 24 beer.... so if you don't don't do one of those, there's your $120. Sarcasm

12CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Empty Re: CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess lol, but I just don't have much interest in paying to watch the AHL, and I don't follow it or know who the good teams are (mainly only know Hershey is a beast).

I LOVE Centre Ice and I get the OHL package as well, so I think I'm set as far as hockey coverage goes for the season Smile

Speaking of broadcasts, any updates on the future of the Sens colour guy?

13CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Empty Re: CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:I guess lol, but I just don't have much interest in paying to watch the AHL, and I don't follow it or know who the good teams are (mainly only know Hershey is a beast).

I LOVE Centre Ice and I get the OHL package as well, so I think I'm set as far as hockey coverage goes for the season CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games 54934

Lee Versage.

14CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Empty Re: CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:I guess lol, but I just don't have much interest in paying to watch the AHL, and I don't follow it or know who the good teams are (mainly only know Hershey is a beast).

I LOVE Centre Ice and I get the OHL package as well, so I think I'm set as far as hockey coverage goes for the season Smile

I wouldn't want to be charged for non-hockey months (July, August, September), so $90 give or take, yeah, that might be a bit much actually, but I really want to see Lehner, Wiercioch, Hoffman, Cowick, Gyrba and Daugavins, D.Smith (important, one of the best puck movers in the AHL) etc.

I wish it was AHL instead of OHL in the CI package, then I'd be all set.

15CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Empty Re: CBC to Broadcast 10 AHL games Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:51 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm surprised there's no reality show to name the new colour commentator... *eye roll*

I'm fairly certain SD just wants to watch Bingo... which I don't blame him for... they are going to be fun to watch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum