GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL 11 Demo out today

+4
The Silfer Server
wprager
PTFlea
Riprock
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:47 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:
wprager wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:
wprager wrote:http://www.google.ca/language_tools

That's cheating! Stop cheating! Why are you being such a cheetah!?!??! Eyebrow

Oh, I dunno, just cat he'p meself.

[Insert smiley for the slow clap here]

NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Smiley_clap

Now just slow it down.

How about: NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Slow

damn doesn't work on here

Edit: how about now?

17NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:00 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

The team I got in the HUT was just ridiculous:

Boedkker - Backstrom - Okposo
Zetterberg - Getzlaf - Hossa
Cleary - Filppula - Eberle
Robitaille - Beleskey - Cooke

Lidstrom - Doughty
Karlsson - Subban
Larsson - Alzner

Miller
Vokoun
Bernier

Scratches: Dominechelli - Howden - (one I can't remember from the Finnish league)

18NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:12 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:The team I got in the HUT was just ridiculous:

Boedkker - Backstrom - Okposo
Zetterberg - Getzlaf - Hossa
Cleary - Filppula - Eberle
Robitaille - Beleskey - Cooke

Lidstrom - Doughty
Karlsson - Subban
Larsson - Alzner

Miller
Vokoun
Bernier

Scratches: Dominechelli - Howden - (one I can't remember from the Finnish league)

I think I prefer your defense to that of Dash. And that is actually a very solid goaltending trio, as you'll be able to nurse Bernier into the league perfectly. Solid forwards, but Dash may have you beat on it, ever so slightly.

Can't wait for my team. Dang!

19NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:14 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

So apparently there are only 75 possible players you can get, which explains constantly getting the few same people over and over. I must have started a bunch of different ones and got a few new players I hadn't before, like Erik Karlsson (79 OVR), Subban (78), Turris (77).

It's fun to play around and see how you can improve Chemistry. I wound up with a line of Zetterberg-Fillpula-Cleary which was a 96 CHEM. And played Getzlaf-Perry together. So teammates, league mates, and juggling to balance player types improves supposedly.

I didn't think I would like the HUT but it is actually fun. I just don't plan on spending real $$$. When the real game comes out apparently the starter packs of players we will get will be nothing like these, so expect a lot of SEL/DEL/SWISS/SM-LIGA/CHL/AHL guys

I played one Battle for the Cup and started the period down 1-0 to PHI and lost. Sad

20NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:15 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Too bad it doesn't save your HUT though. I also basically got stuck and had to restart one because my players ran out of contracts, which I haven't gotten any extension cards at all.

21NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:20 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Too bad it doesn't save your HUT though. I also basically got stuck and had to restart one because my players ran out of contracts, which I haven't gotten any extension cards at all.

Yeah, I ended up playing it for like 3 hours last night... Not sure how the time flew by that quickly... I did it twice, built up Seguin hugely, him and Karlsson. I keep getting Dupuis and Cooke, but see it as a waste to play them with Malkin to get near perfect chemistry.

A few notable players I got that have not been mentioned were: Andreas Dackell, Jan Hlavac, Cory Schneider, Cam Fowler, Zdeno Chara, Thomas Hickey, Corey Perry, Austen Watson, and John MacFarland.

Must say, Chara is a beast in the game, and I'm pretty sure he'll be making his return to the Ottawa Senators come September 7th/15th.

22NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:24 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Also, I pre-ordered the game from Blockbuster. A few days later, I looked at the receipt, and it said that I can pick it up on September 26th. EA Sports website has it coming out on the 7th, and gamestop.ca has it coming out on the 15th. So be weary if you plan on pre-ordering it. I need to go to Blockbuster today and see what the deal is.

Also, if you pre-order it with Gamestop or with Amazon.ca, you will receive 3 free digital issues of the hockey news. I had also seen they were offering a Bauer booster pack for your Be a Pro player, but that was on the American Gamestop, not sure if it is offered in Canada as well.

23NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The Gamestop/EB promotion is for Canada too. Soon all EB will become Gamestop anyways.

I'm not pre-ordering cause I will likely get it a few days before street date, so no sense buying something I can get earlier.

And the game will be released Sept. 7th, all other dates are not accurate. EA's official release date is the 7th, and most places will have it in stock Thursday before.

24NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:46 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:The Gamestop/EB promotion is for Canada too. Soon all EB will become Gamestop anyways.

I'm not pre-ordering cause I will likely get it a few days before street date, so no sense buying something I can get earlier.

And the game will be released Sept. 7th, all other dates are not accurate. EA's official release date is the 7th, and most places will have it in stock Thursday before.

Out of curiosity, how will you be getting it earlier? If you don't want to tell, no worries, just curious.

And to amend my previous post. Checked with Blockbuster, and they gave me some bull about it having been moved back, but that i will get it when they get it.

25NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:42 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sent you a PM.

Yeah, some places were advertising it for as late as the 25h, but for sure it's the 7th, unless EA's site changes it.

Gamestop pulls out all stops with their pre-order bonuses as a way of getting sales, and while I usually will buy from them, 3 digital issues aren't that big a deal, and the Bauer boost pack does me little good since I don't play EASHL. Not much of an online gamer, since I would likely get my @$$ handed to me by some skilled 10 year old.

26NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:53 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Sent you a PM.

Yeah, some places were advertising it for as late as the 25h, but for sure it's the 7th, unless EA's site changes it.

Gamestop pulls out all stops with their pre-order bonuses as a way of getting sales, and while I usually will buy from them, 3 digital issues aren't that big a deal, and the Bauer boost pack does me little good since I don't play EASHL. Not much of an online gamer, since I would likely get my @$$ handed to me by some skilled 10 year old.

Thanks for the info! I'm not big on online gaming either. But this year, a couple friends got a PS3, and we are going to try and create a team ourselves. Probably get owned, but it would be really fun to have everyone be a position, and know them well. We will most likely lose every game, but then again, my dad could probably beat up their dad ahah.

27NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ah, you're a PS3 guy... I'm a 360 guy for most games... I only play PS3 exclusive games on Sony obviously lol.

The EASHL would be fun if I could get organized with my friends, but that won't happen.

Anyone play Fifa? I wouldn't mind expanding my sports games, and Fifa used to be fun.... I always found Madden and MLB too complicated though.

28NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:20 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

FIFA is sweet, especially the recent editions. I sold my FIFA 10 in like December because I was bored of it, but it was still awesome and very authetic. The ultimate team in FIFA (I think that was the first game to use the feature) was great too, but it was hard since I don't know EVERY single player from every soccer league in the game.

I love the NFL but Madden is boring to me, it just doesn't have any pace and I can't stand playing D. Also, all the plays are confusig lol.

I love MLB: The Show games but didn't buy it this year. Best baseball game ever made.

Hell, I think the only sports games I don't play are Tiger Woods and NBA.

29NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I play Tiger, but don't have 11.... thing is they don't change a whole lot. I don't care what golfers they add, I use my own anyways. And they have the usual courses and always release DLC courses anyways, which are 800 pts each.

I used to play NBA Live a lot, but not so much. I bought 2K10 and it sucked, played it once and traded it in. NBA Elite looks pretty cool and comes with NBA JAM!!

And I played The Show a few years ago and sucked at it... too confusing and hard to play. And since I rarely play PS3, I would rather get a game for 360, which means... 2K right? Maybe wait till they are cheaper.

30NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:I play Tiger, but don't have 11.... thing is they don't change a whole lot.

They could probably change it up a little this year, but they'd lose the G-audience.

31NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:53 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2011: Grand Theft Auto Edition

32NHL 11 Demo out today - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 11 Demo out today Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:48 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

New Video about some of the improvements to NHL 11 Be a GM Mode. Like Restricted and Unrestricted free agents: