GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holy (potential) rule changes, Batman!

+2
Riprock
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Holy (potential) rule changes, Batman! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy (potential) rule changes, Batman! Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:23 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Another possible change (not a rule change, per se) is the addition of the yellow line 3" behind the goal line. In overhead reviews, if any part of the puck touches the line it's in:

Holy (potential) rule changes, Batman! - Page 2 Net_diagram_rev

17Holy (potential) rule changes, Batman! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy (potential) rule changes, Batman! Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:38 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2010/08/06/sp-nhl-research-camp.html?ref=rss

Too many to mention all. Unfortunately the article does not conveniently list them all. I'll try to, from memory:
- bigger crease
- wider blue lines
- line-change zone (I assume a "safe" area near the bench where you cannot be called for too many men)
- center gets to pick his opponent on a face off violation
- no touch icing (about friggin' time)
- no icing while short-handed (don't like that one)
- no line-change on offside
- 4-on-4, 3-on-3 and 2-on-2 OT before shootout

You guys know what to do. Have at it.

I friggin love this idea. I absolutely hate shootouts (there would basically be none if this rule was in place).

A Spezza back pass would NOT be good on a 2 on 2 though, lol.

18Holy (potential) rule changes, Batman! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy (potential) rule changes, Batman! Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:40 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2010/08/06/sp-nhl-research-camp.html?ref=rss

Too many to mention all. Unfortunately the article does not conveniently list them all. I'll try to, from memory:
- bigger crease
- wider blue lines
- line-change zone (I assume a "safe" area near the bench where you cannot be called for too many men)
- center gets to pick his opponent on a face off violation
- no touch icing (about friggin' time)
- no icing while short-handed (don't like that one)
- no line-change on offside
- 4-on-4, 3-on-3 and 2-on-2 OT before shootout

You guys know what to do. Have at it.

I friggin love this idea. I absolutely hate shootouts (there would basically be none if this rule was in place).

A Spezza back pass would NOT be good on a 2 on 2 though, lol.

Who says Spezza would still be on the ice?

19Holy (potential) rule changes, Batman! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy (potential) rule changes, Batman! Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

thanks to shootouts i may not live to see 40. my heart can't take that much stress.

20Holy (potential) rule changes, Batman! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy (potential) rule changes, Batman! Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:thanks to shootouts i may not live to see 40. my heart can't take that much stress.

Funny, I used to hate sudden death. Back in the "old country" they played OT but it was not sudden-death. I still remember Habs/Whalers game 7 of the Adams Final, and it went into OT. I retired to my buddy's other room, closed the door and watched McGyver, I think).