GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!!

+8
Jordo
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
caissie_1
Cronie
Riprock
SensGirl11
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Empty Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:38 am

Paddock very critical of Murray, from the SUn today...

"BUFFALO -- It sounds like sour grapes, but John Paddock has offered his two cents on the state of the Senators.

The former Senators coach, who was fired last Feb. 26 and is now coach of the AHL's Philadelphia Phantoms, told the Camden Courier-Post the team's talent assembled isn't good enough and GM Bryan Murray will likely be held accountable if the team doesn't improve.

"I think now (Murray's) next in line (to be fired)," Paddock told the suburban Philly newspaper. "We were 14 games over .500 when I was fired. They're seven under now. Somebody needs to take responsibility for that. Whether the coaches he hired and fired are good or not, they're his players and they're either not playing good or can't play, one or the other."

Asked what he thought was the case, Paddock said: "The players are not very good, that's the problem."

Craig Hartsburg's firing has come with some positive results.

The Senators are competing harder and the practice habits have been more up-tempo since Cory Clouston took over from Hartsburg...."

Throw the GM under the bus and the players, wow. The grapes are sour my friend. Perhaps it was because you didn't do a good coaching job. Perhaps Hartsburg talked a good game about accountability and never did anything. Maybe, just maybe those are the problems too.

2Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:45 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I don't know why he would think we would care what an AHL coach thinks about our team. He's just bitter and sad. He should keep his mouth shut.

3Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:47 am

SensGirl11 wrote:I don't know why he would think we would care what an AHL coach thinks about our team. He's just bitter and sad. He should keep his mouth shut.

You are correct. He just seems to come off like a sore loser and an excuse maker. Poor choice Paddock. Hope you enjoy the 'A', the big show won't be calling after this...

4Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:48 am

If that doesn't inspire the players, then nothing will.

5Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:03 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Why is it always sour grapes when an ex-coach, player, GM, whomever tells it like it is? We all are aware there is something wrong, and as fans we express ourselves, 99.9% of us having no clue as to what the atmosphere is actually like in there. Yet when someone who has been there speaks out, they are chastised by some people for speaking their mind?

6Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:06 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ah perfect! I'm glad someone started a thread on this... When I was scanning the Sun and came across this crap, I was half-pissed, half-laughing... What a freakin' TOOL!! Murray's next...
Well, first off, DUH!!! Tell us and the entire league and legions of fans something they don't KNOW John... and 2nd, who f**kin' cares what you think?? Your opinions have already been tainted in the court of public opinion in regards to anything you have to say or offer in regards to the Sens as you are and have been marginalized and thus been let go; herego the "sour grapes" rule applies.

As Stargate so eloquently put it, John just needs to know or be told WHEN to shut his frankin' mouth!

7Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:06 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Who cares really about Paddock. The guy is a joke. The only way hell ever make it on to sports press is by bashing the Sens. Way to go Paddock you are gonna be mentionned on TSN. You definetly hit the big leagues.

8Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:07 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good for Paddock. I hope HArtsburg follows suit.

9Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:08 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hartsburg should shut the Diddle up. Now. He was horrendous, but he could still coach again in the NHL. Paddock just realized that he will never coach in the NHL again and he got upset.

10Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If and ONLY IF Clouston actually makes a difference with this team and it's actually NOT the players then I'll be willing to say Paddock is an idiot and Hartsburg was also a bad hire. Still goes back to Murray if both coaches sucked arse though.

- Unknown Author

11Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:16 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

So true Heater... exactly.

12Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:18 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:Hartsburg should shut the Diddle up. Now. He was horrendous, but he could still coach again in the NHL. Paddock just realized that he will never coach in the NHL again and he got upset.

I agree. But if Hartsburg shuts the diddle up, I don't get the entertainment I crave and that would suck.

Fire at will, Hartsy!!!

13Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Empty More Yellow Journalism Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:21 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

This is just another example of the media whipping up controversy.

The headline screams: PADDOCK BLAMES MURRAY

Paddock simply said (and we don't know what the question was):

"I think now (Murray's) next in line. We were 14 games over .500 when I was fired. They're seven under now. Somebody needs to take responsibility for that. Whether the coaches he hired and fired were good or not, they're his players and they're either not playing good or can't play, one or the other."

Simply stated. There's no sour grapes there.

If you buy in to this manufactured controversy you are basically letting your opinion be manipulated by TSN and Sun Media.

14Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I agree. But if Hartsburg shuts the diddle up, I don't get the entertainment I crave and that would suck.

Fire at will, Hartsy!!!

LOL. That's hilarious.

15Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:29 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, we're all about entertainment! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum