GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!!

+8
Jordo
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
caissie_1
Cronie
Riprock
SensGirl11
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty More Yellow Journalism Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:21 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

This is just another example of the media whipping up controversy.

The headline screams: PADDOCK BLAMES MURRAY

Paddock simply said (and we don't know what the question was):

"I think now (Murray's) next in line. We were 14 games over .500 when I was fired. They're seven under now. Somebody needs to take responsibility for that. Whether the coaches he hired and fired were good or not, they're his players and they're either not playing good or can't play, one or the other."

Simply stated. There's no sour grapes there.

If you buy in to this manufactured controversy you are basically letting your opinion be manipulated by TSN and Sun Media.

17Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:39 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I agree. But if Hartsburg shuts the diddle up, I don't get the entertainment I crave and that would suck.

Fire at will, Hartsy!!!

LOL. That's hilarious.

18Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:29 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, we're all about entertainment! Smile

19Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:01 pm

davetherave wrote:This is just another example of the media whipping up controversy.

The headline screams: PADDOCK BLAMES MURRAY

Paddock simply said (and we don't know what the question was):

"I think now (Murray's) next in line. We were 14 games over .500 when I was fired. They're seven under now. Somebody needs to take responsibility for that. Whether the coaches he hired and fired were good or not, they're his players and they're either not playing good or can't play, one or the other."

Simply stated. There's no sour grapes there.

If you buy in to this manufactured controversy you are basically letting your opinion be manipulated by TSN and Sun Media.

I am not sure I agree here at all. If you bold the next line..."(the players) either not playing good or can't play, one or the other." And the other quote that 'Murray just has bad players' plain and simple is sour grapes. It says Murray isn't doing his job and the teams sucks.

He said basically.... Alfie, Heatley, Spezza and the rest of the team CAN'T play. He was on the bench as an assistant when they went to a cup final. They CAN play, just not for him or seemingly Hartsburg. That isn't a good thing but it is still far different than what he said.

Last edited by MurderOnIce on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

20Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm still shaking my head over this one. How did he possibly get baited into saying this? Is he as dumb as he looks, or did he seriously finally get the message that he'll never coach NHL hockey again?

21Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:08 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Heater: a little from Column A and a little from Column B methinks.

22Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:08 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

He shouldnt ever get another chance. He's lucky he's in the NHL. This is not like saying that is gonna help him get another chance.

23Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:09 pm

The bridges are smoldering if the fire isn't already raging. He is Ted Nolaning himself here. With the obvious difference being, Teddy has had success at this level....

24Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MurderOnIce wrote:The bridges are smoldering if the fire isn't already raging. He is Ted Nolaning himself here. With the obvious difference being, Teddy has had success at this level....

He's dragging Hartsburg down with him because this team is under the microscope and this statement is the reference point. If the team proves Paddock wrong, Hartsburg suffers too.

25Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Like it or not, Paddock is right. It was Murray who hired the last two failures at coach. It was Murray who let Redden walk, traded Corvo (he had to), and got rid of Mez without getting even close to replacing them.

The next firing in Ottawa better damn well be Murray. He drafts well....big deal. He's isn't the only one. He's not cut out for the "new" NHL.

GO GET DAVID POILE EUGENE!

26Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Paddock's right in that Murray can't pick a coach to save his life (almost literally). And he's right that both Paddock and Hartsburg are and always will be best suited to coaching kids, not men and that both suck (especially Paddock)*

*Not positive he said that exactly. But re-reading it, that's what I got. Smile

27Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:50 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll give Murray this deadline and off-season to attempt to redeem himself, if you will. After that, Eugene, you do whatever you have to do. Wink

28Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronenbergfan wrote:I'll give Murray this deadline and off-season to attempt to redeem himself, if you will. After that, Eugene, you do whatever you have to do. Wink

I'm a little more lenient. A strong deadline will confirm my support for BM.
I think a nice off-season is a given after that.

29Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:33 pm

I think Murray can't pick coaches otherwise he is okay by me. Good drafter, hasn't lost a trade and the farm system has never been better. Sure he hasn't brought in a PMD but lets look at the $$$ they are commanding... $6-7.5M. There isn't that $$$ in the cap much less the budget. If at the end of the cup run people said I wouldn't mind losing Heatley, Spezza, Fisher or Alfredsson let me see the evidence. You work with what you got.

Anyone who brings up letting Redden walk as a bad thing, I am shocked. He got $6.5M for 6 years!!!! We couldn't pay that even if he were still a legitimate top two defenceman, which he isn't. Redden is horrible, ask the Rangers.

Meszaros for Kuba, Picard and a first is a glorious win. Kuba is better and cheaper than Mesz (although older) sure he is a UFA but we could sign him if we want. Picard has a lot of upside and a first round pick could turn out to be great. That is a win.

A 5th for McGrattan (who is now in rehab) holy crap something for nothing.

Commodore/Stillman for Corvo/Eaves I would do again today.

You can talk about hindsight for some things but all in all he has made solid decisions. That were right at the time and in similar circumstances we would do the same.

He just can't hire a good coach, but I am warming up to Clouston.

30Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

All excellent points Murder.

31Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:16 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I dont know if everybody has seen this:
http://senators.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=767&id=33172

32Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dammit! I don't have sound at work. Is it cool? Did Brian Murray say Paddock sucked his ***s?

33Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!! Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:23 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Lol no. IT was an interview after the 3-2 SO win against BUffalo.

But a LOT of interesting points, going towards the trade deadline.
He says he will not trade a good player for a 2nd round pick (Kuba? Neil? McAmmond?). But he will DEFINITELY trade some players, because some changes have to be made.

THen he talks about Paddock and Hartsburg. He said he often told Hartsburg that the players needed more ice time during practice. That they had to be more active. It seems Hartsburg didnt listen hey?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum