GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gonchar to Ottawa

+24
TheAvatar
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
Hoags
dennycrane
Devo
Hockeyhero22000
CockRoche
SensHulk
SDH89
shabbs
wprager
LeCaptain
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
beerandsens
Ev
asq2
SensGirl11
Sens4thecup
Riprock
PKC
PTFlea
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 20]

181Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:32 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, he looks good in a Sens uni...still undecided as to what Sens jersey I will get this year. I need a new one and I may just have to get a Sarge jersey.

182Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:34 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Yeah, he looks good in a Sens uni...still undecided as to what Sens jersey I will get this year. I need a new one and I may just have to get a Sarge jersey.

Hmmm...limited life span though.

183Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd love to get a Lehner but that's still years away.

184Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:47 pm

N4L wrote:Well, I dont usually do this but, might as well because it is exciting.

Butler/Spezza/Michalek
Alfi/Fisher/Foligno
Kovalev/Regin/Wick
Neil/Kelly/Ruutu
Winchester

Gonchar/Phillips
Karlsson/Kuba
Carkner/Campoli

Leclaire/Elliott

Ya, not too bad.

I'm not big on doing this these days either, but I think this D-corps has the potential to be Cussing outstanding:

Gonchar-Karlsson
Phillips-Campoli
Wiercioch-Carkner

If Kuba stays, that's fine, but he might be bait now.

185Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:49 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Gonchar is a great signing, he's exactly what we need right now. Karlsson couldn't have a better teacher for the next 3 years.

186Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:51 pm

marakh wrote:
wprager wrote:I *would* like to add to those who think our PP will be running at 50% next year: Pittsburgh had Gonchar plus two pretty good forwards and still had one of the worst powerplays in the league. Even after Gonchar got back in the lineup.

And for those who say the Pens still have great PP QBs in Goligoski and whatever, recall that Pittsburgh was fighting us for last place in the league for a while.

The worst Pens team in the last 3 years was when Gonchar was out. Pretty sure when their PP was horrid he was injured too.

I think Malkin was out for like 90% of that time period and that was the real problem. Pittsburgh's record and stats without Malkin is abhorrent.

187Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gohan wrote:
marakh wrote:
wprager wrote:I *would* like to add to those who think our PP will be running at 50% next year: Pittsburgh had Gonchar plus two pretty good forwards and still had one of the worst powerplays in the league. Even after Gonchar got back in the lineup.

And for those who say the Pens still have great PP QBs in Goligoski and whatever, recall that Pittsburgh was fighting us for last place in the league for a while.

The worst Pens team in the last 3 years was when Gonchar was out. Pretty sure when their PP was horrid he was injured too.

I think Malkin was out for like 90% of that time period and that was the real problem. Pittsburgh's record and stats without Malkin is abhorrent.

Pittsburgh's PP wasn't great with Gonchar in the line-up last year, but that was mainly because of the Dung coaching job of Mike Yeo.

188Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:23 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i have nothing negative to say about this. sure, i understand the possible downsides but for now i'm gonna bask in the fact that WE GOT GONCHAR!!!
DancingBanana DancingBanana DancingBanana

i think that the d will most likely be gonchar with phillips and kuba with karlsson(unless we trade kuba+ for savard Ahhhhh! and we sign another D , sutton, to play with karlsson)

189Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ahhhhh! Almost 12 hours and I'm still super stoked about this.

190Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pretty good fireworks in Kanata tonight. But, wow, were the crowd ever thin.

191Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:15 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

a day later and i'm still very excited about this. can we start the season in a couple of weeks? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

192Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:49 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

According to a long time - HUGE Pens fan friend of mine, he can play right or left without any problems whatsoever. So that is MASSIVE.

193Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:According to a long time - HUGE Pens fan friend of mine, he can play right or left without any problems whatsoever. So that is MASSIVE.

That goal against the Leafs was from the right point. When he got his knee corked by Ovechkin he was playing the right side ('cause that's where AO plays). I think his skill level is high enough that he can play either side. Mind you, so can Phillips. So they'll have to decide what works better -- Phillips/Gonchar or Gonchar/Phillips? Or maybe split them up Phillips/Karlsson and Gonchar/Cowen, with Kuba/Carkner on the third pairing. Wow. Not a bad set of D, with Campoli/Lee as trade bait.

194Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:According to a long time - HUGE Pens fan friend of mine, he can play right or left without any problems whatsoever. So that is MASSIVE.

That goal against the Leafs was from the right point. When he got his knee corked by Ovechkin he was playing the right side ('cause that's where AO plays). I think his skill level is high enough that he can play either side. Mind you, so can Phillips. So they'll have to decide what works better -- Phillips/Gonchar or Gonchar/Phillips? Or maybe split them up Phillips/Karlsson and Gonchar/Cowen, with Kuba/Carkner on the third pairing. Wow. Not a bad set of D, with Campoli/Lee as trade bait.

If Phillips is comfortable playing the right, I would do that.

195Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:14 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Honestly, if they want to put Phillips with Gonchar, I'd try it both ways and see what works best. But I am also warming up to the possibility of bringing up Cowen and letting both kids develop with a vet. I was never that sold on Kuba and Karlsson.

196Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:58 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

ScoreOttawa

Sergei Gonchar & Bryan Murray will be meeting with the media Friday morning to discuss Gonchar's decision to join the Senators...

197Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:00 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:ScoreOttawa

Sergei Gonchar & Bryan Murray will be meeting with the media Friday morning to discuss Gonchar's decision to join the Senators...

What does that mean?

198Gonchar to Ottawa - Page 13 Empty Re: Gonchar to Ottawa Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:06 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:ScoreOttawa

What does that mean?

I think its just officially introducing him to the media, handing him his sens jersey, and another way to convince fans that the next season is something to be excited about, so become a season ticket holder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum