GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade

+6
Flo The Action
Ev
PTFlea
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who wins the trade?

Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 6 Vote_lcap233%Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 2 ]
Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 6 Vote_lcap267%Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:They might end up basically rebuilding at this rate, with only Kane, Toews, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook and Niemi staying. That's your core there, fill in the rest with either young, relatively cheap rookies and/or veterans wanting to sign for cheap and play on an exciting young winning team.

I'm sure there are a few others you would keep too, but those are the main ones I think.

Yeah probably. It becomes tougher from here on in though with Kane, Toews and Keith off ELCs obviously, the playing field starts to become levelled with their talent level vs the rest of the West/league, and they still have to move Huet and Campbell to get 21 players under the cap.

They have 14 right now at 57, so 7 players, 2 million with no space for injuries. Amazing...still a long, long, long way to go in Chi-town.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Wow, yeah they aren't even close. Even rookie contracts as they know can run you $3M with bonuses.

For sure Huet has to be off their cap one way or another, and I think Campbell, but they are going to have to start giving players away. I wouldn't be doing any favours. While I think Atlanta did well for themselves for what they got, I suppose they didn't need to give up that much considering the predicament Chicago is in. I suppose when it comes down to Atlanta or other options, they felt they needed to offer up more.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

When does Ottawa put on their dancing shoes and get into this disco?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

TSNBobMcKenzie Chi-Atl trade still not official. This from Atl management: "There is no trade yet." Is it trade call logistics?
3 minutes ago via UberTwitter

Hmmm... wonder if this is even going to happen? Going to be lots of embarrassed people if this turns out to be false.

TSNBobMcKenzie One unconfirmed report suggests Atl would be over 50-contract limit with trade and needs to shed a contract. That is just spec tho.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I thought this was worth pointing out. Following this trade, the Thrashers will have Evander Kane, Dustin Byfgulien, Johnny Oduya and Akim Aliu.

Well we now know where Emery is playing next year Laugh1

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
Dash wrote:I thought this was worth pointing out. Following this trade, the Thrashers will have Evander Kane, Dustin Byfgulien, Johnny Oduya and Akim Aliu.

Well we now know where Emery is playing next year Laugh1

I was going to say him, but I don't think he will ever play again, at least not professionally.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

TSNBobMcKenzie

It is my understanding Chi-Atl trade hold up is indeed because Atl would have 51 contracts with trade. Atl has to move a contract first.
1 minute ago via UberTwitter

TSNBobMcKenzie

Or I suppose they could back Aliu out of the deal for now and move him later in a separate transaction once Atl moves a contract.
half a minute ago via UberTwitter

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Wow, yeah they aren't even close. Even rookie contracts as they know can run you $3M with bonuses.

For sure Huet has to be off their cap one way or another, and I think Campbell, but they are going to have to start giving players away. I wouldn't be doing any favours. While I think Atlanta did well for themselves for what they got, I suppose they didn't need to give up that much considering the predicament Chicago is in. I suppose when it comes down to Atlanta or other options, they felt they needed to offer up more.

That's almost exactly how I feel about the trade as well right now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:When does Ottawa put on their dancing shoes and get into this disco?

I float the idea of Foligno for Versteeg again.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Looks like ATL has to move a contract... they'd be at 51 with this one... that's the hold up.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Lots of teams in the league besides Chicago to dance with.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Looks like ATL has to move a contract... they'd be at 51 with this one... that's the hold up.

That shouldn't take long...or will it!? Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

But how many teams are dealing right now?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

But how many teams are dealing right now?

Not Ottawa. Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 6 489887

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

One player that won't be moved is Duncan "Norris" Keith.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They could sign Laraque!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Apparently Atlanta and SJ have a deal and now the other deal is official.

Someone said Vernace [i]and[/i] Sterling and a 7th to SJ for futures. I believe it's official now.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Updated the first post. Added Joey Crabb to the package going to Chicago and included the SJ deal. Thanks Spez

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum